19 coaches online • Server time: 07:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

wrestle?
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick is useful, and you have 2 DP, so you should be able to keep him about till it is needed

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I join in? Just had my first Fling game. We killed 3 Skaven!
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

of course, just enter your team to the group page. Sadly the tourney isnt currently running due to some technical difficulties with the script, but we are hoping to have these problems fixed fairly soon and I will PM everyone in the group when we are ready to go again Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

@the_Sage: Guess it depends on your playstyle.. Some would argue for standard skill (SG) or retirement. For me personally: I'd go with block or wrestle.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 12:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git is the best option as you have the other dp for mass fouls first. Failing that guard for the awesome or probably retire.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Okie dokie! All done.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Sadly the tourney isnt currently running due to some technical difficulties with the script, but we are hoping to have these problems fixed fairly soon and I will PM everyone in the group when we are ready to go again Smile

Like hell it isn't! I'm still running it and so are you. Computed my scores by hand for October. =D
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

im still playing with my flings Smile and I would recommend everyone else do the same, because they are awesome!!!! but the official MCC tourney cant start till the script is sorted.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
im still playing with my flings Smile and I would recommend everyone else do the same, because they are awesome!!!!

/Cheer!

Garion wrote:
im still playing with my flings Smile and I would recommend everyone else do the same, because they are awesome!!!! but the official MCC tourney cant start till the script is sorted.

/Boo!

Garion wrote:
Kick is useful, and you have 2 DP, so you should be able to keep him about till it is needed

I like the suggestion, and so I went with kick. Not in the least because it feels right to give kick to this particular kind of balls player.

Kick is great, especially when you score often, which these flings rather like to do. That does mean, however, that I'll want to hang on to that dp for much of the game (til turn 12/13 or so).

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

Kick is great, especially when you score often, which these flings rather like to do. That does mean, however, that I'll want to hang on to that dp for much of the game (til turn 12/13 or so).

thats okay, just roll a double with another player so you have the magic 3 DPs Wink

it shouldn't be too hard to hold on to him though, just don't stick him on when you are receiving unless you have bribes which you often should Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

thats okay, just roll a double with another player so you have the magic 3 DPs Wink

it shouldn't be too hard to hold on to him though, just don't stick him on when you are receiving unless you have bribes which you often should Very Happy

Yes, I had these exact two things in mind. =)

Though of course I wish I'd given him Mb so he could get PO at 16 SPPs.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had my first win today and did the double! First win with the flings and on FUMBBL. Happy days. I think (strangely) I might be scoring some good points through casualties! The Green Bay Munchers have killed 4 opponents so far, including 3 in one game.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

nice

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2013 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when you're racking up the MCC points and they concede on you. Can't we get a bonus for concessions? (because, well, humiliating much?)
For instance, .5 point for every turn missed (so 8 points - 2x#of turns played).
This game deserves a little MCC mention for another reason: I fouled (and cas'd) a player who wasn't prone!
(this requires someone using diving tackle on your foul action, and you succeeding the dodge on the reroll.)
 Jump to: