31 coaches online • Server time: 11:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

24 fling coaches raring to go now.

I am sure there are more. Flings are you ready!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, mine are in. Look out for the newest small, insane, hairy people entering the contest:

Cypar Duelling Oaks --- Bloodthirsty fling avengers taking vengeance for all fallen flings everywhere!

Ironshire Chiefs --- Sponsored by the Hot Tummy Nutritional College. Allez Bloodbowl!

Nuthin' But Da G-Flings --- Lead by Snoop Doggy Dogwood and Dr. Tree, bad-ass flings from the west coast of West Lark Island
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been waiting for this to start before playing my Ranked Halflings - Underwood Underdogs - so as to not have my star player die before the games count!

I've also learned BBCode and started writing a book for the bio.....

fangbanger

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been waiting in the box for some of you Peoples, are you all coming to di.......play or what?

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

30 fling coaches already in, I'm sure there are more!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Fling power!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have separate awards for Ranked & Box?

I would imagine being able to choose your opponent could be a big advantage.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Do you have separate awards for Ranked & Box?

I would imagine being able to choose your opponent could be a big advantage.

yup there is a box winners award and a ranked one.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the script start counting from first of June? I started playing today just in case.
And what is a shut out (you get point for it in the rules)

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut out means you don't conceed any touchdowns. And yup the script started from the 1st.

Oh and nice first game Smile
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Shut out means you don't conceed any touchdowns. And yup the script started from the 1st.

Oh and nice first game Smile

My first game was against dwarves, and it was not nice...
The second game on the other hand... Let's just say my opponent only had 1 RR on his roster, and a rookie team.

But you probably want a more thorough report, so here they are:
Stonewall Dwarfs (TV 970k Dwarf) vs Fusion Powered Space Halflings (TV 980k Halfling) 0-2
Quote:
With the new MasterChef's Challenge up and running, I could finally show my talents with halflings. First up was of course Dorfs. No inducments, no skills, just plain bloodbowl. It started slowly. The halflings had problems getting the ball to the right player, and when I finally got to toss a halfling, he failed landing. After that the halflings gave up hope, and one by one left the field until the dorfs scored. Second half started as the first one ended, more halflings left the field, and the dorfs scored again. In the final drive, there were few halflings left. Too few turns left to win, but I went for a TTM anyway, and again a failed landing. A halfling which got a skill through passing the ball once, was then killed and the game ended with nothing for the halflings. The only good thing about the game was that the MVP ended on a halfling which didn't die or get injured, and got a +st boost on the skill roll. I hope I'll have better luck in the next game.

I learned from the first game that you can't blitz with a prone rooted treeman.

Sanguinari Assassini (TV 970k Necromantic) vs Fusion Powered Space Halflings (TV 1000k Halfling) 1-3
Quote:
My second MasterChef's Challenge game looked like a better matchup. The opponent coach was fairly new, which usually mean I feel bad if I start stalling or doing too well, and his team only had 1 RR and just the basic skills of a rookie Necro team. We've all been beginners at one point, and Nuffle usually decide my games, so I didn't expect much from the game. My halflings started receiving, and I had already decided that my str3 halfling would be best of as a ballcarrier. I didn't put up too much of a defense, in hopes to lure my opponent into overcommitting, and it payed off. He even through a double skull at one time, giving me plenty of time to stall... which I didn't because I'm a sucker. On my opponents drive I did several mistake, and my trees got stuck in the middle, giving my opponent ample opportunity to stall. Luckily I play the luck-game, and managed to push his ballcarrier into the crowd, but unluckily the throw in was in his favor, and he could 'easily' score the last turn of the first half. With my opponent receiving in the second half, I felt the pressure, and try to redirect it towards his team. Surely 1 RR wouldn't be enough, and he would fail a roll sooner or later. Luckily it was sooner, and he never managed to cross the LoS with the ball, before I had snatched it and run towards the EZ. On his second attempt, a skull/skull/both down early on gave me the opportunity to toss a halfling, then pick up and score my first turn of the drive. The rest of the game was just abit chaotic, but I managed to keep him from scoring, and I finally got my first victory.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Do black box flings get extra points?

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
Do black box flings get extra points?

no, the scoring system is the same for everyone. I understand life may be more difficult in the box for flings, but at the same time if a Blackbox fling team does win the challenge it will just make it all the more rewarding Smile

If after a month or 2 there is a huge difference between the scores B and R teams get then small adjustments can be made.

Although having seen a few fling box teams in action I'm not sure that will be the case, especially when Azures flings get going, seen them close to clearing the pitch on a few occasions Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Fling power!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2013 - 18:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Buckminster Briar comes out of retirement and makes a bold early in the month statement of intent on his desire to win the most TD's by a player in one match...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3445090

Game on sir... game on!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3411410