17 coaches online • Server time: 03:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Gritter

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

4-2 to the spurs

A Gareth Bale hattrick ensured victory for spurs today and Ledley king was a rock on the LOS, seriously injuring two rotters \o/
It was a tighter game than the scoreline suggests, with spurs defending at the end of the second half against a 3rd equaliser from the Strangers, only for adebayor to get hold of the ball and set Bale loose from just on the halfway line to sprint the length of the pitch and score.

"Spurs, are on their way to Wembely!
Tottenhams gonna do it again...
You can stop them
teh boys from tottenham
teh boys from white hart lane! "
krytie

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, was a good close game until the final minutes. Losing veteran Warrior David Weir in T1 was a setback for Gers, and coming out after halftime at 2-1 down, Glassjaw had firmly fixed 3-3 as their target for regulation time, hoping for the break in OT.

Strangers continued their recent high-scoring form (hell, scoring at all had been a problem in past seasons) but 2 goals just wasn't enough against a skilful Woodie team. Taking risks for the 3rd equaliser meant leaving Gers exposed to the counter which Spurs snapped up easily.

All-in-all, it was a cracker of a cup-tie and i can't complain about losing it. Looking back through the history, Strangers have only played woodies twice and lost 0-3, 2-4, so i guess they need to brush up on their defensive skills.

gg & gl

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to our OBBA Cup semifinalists:

B93 vs Tottenham Blodgespur, and FC Kaiserslaughtering vs Anfield Anvils

Also congrats to Nagashizzar Nobles and Bulton Wanderers FC who will contest the League Cup Final for season 13.

The deadline for the semi-finals is Monday 2nd April, and the deadline for the final Monday the 9th. The deadline for the League Cup final is also Monday the 9th, so you have 2 whole weeks! (ooo, the suspense!)

Please post game times when you have them folks, so we can watch and boo!

Good luck everyone, and FORZA OBBA!

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2012 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Malerun takes the League Cup Final 2-1 after Extra Time.

Congratulations to the man so scary he makes men run away from him Smile

A close game overall but after the first half it looked a bit unlikely that Bulton would get back into it after the Nobles dominated the first 8 turns.

Second half saw one of the Nobles sent off and a mighty Mummy slain with no regen, allowing the Bulton side to run in an equaliser against a stretched Noble defence.

Extra time saw the Nobles recieve and with a two man advantage they made sure they pounded the Bulton weaklins into the ground and ran in an easy score in 3 turns.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2012 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done to Malerun and his undeads!

It did cost them a mummy tho.

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied with my superior athletes from Penguins BBC. Hockey>Footy>evertyhing else Very Happy (excepting sex, or so I hear).

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I'm thinking to do some fluff, which will reference a reserves match, methinks. Possibly some blood and deaths... Hopefully some amusement. Would any OBBA teams like to volunteer for us to use your names? Free publicity and an e-cookie for yes answers Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Tottenham 3-2 B93

Tottenham Blodgespur secured their place in the OBBA cup final at the weekend in a typical elven matchup which saw 5 goals.
2 goals from Adebayor and a chip from Kyle Walker from 30 yards were enough to see off a good, but outclassed Elf side in B93, despite the blatant use of a wizard which the referee 'didnt see'...
When will Fifa finally see sense and allow video technology in to the game? GRRR at Pyth Blatter....
(note, this is not really football Grit- it is Braad Brawl!)

With B93 unable to do any damage with their mighty blow midfield enforcer, it was left to AG5 leaper Adebayor to rule the game througout, who nicked a goal against the run of play in the first half and leapt to victory in the 2nd.

Wink
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Anfield Anvils 1 - 0 FC Kaiserslaughtering

Keizerschlaughtering ended their impressive debut run in the OBBA last night by smashing head first into the steel wall also known as dwarves. The humans arrived to the match with a single guard player and he only played for 1 turn, the rest of the match was agonising futility for FCK as the Anvils proved impossible to shift or hurt.

Good luck to the elfs in the final. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Any clues as to what ball park the TV cap will be in the bottom league this year?

I am considering if I should keep Bulton or try a race thats a litle bit more fun. Not really sure and trying to see what the cap will do to Bulton before I make up my mind.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo,

Will do some math when I get back from New York on Friday. Am too drunk at present, and all the numbers here seem FAR TOO BIG...

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr....why is your state suddenly an issue?

I assumed you were always drunk...I mean the evidence is right in front of my eyes everytime I log into OBBA, FUMBBL or IRC for that matter Laughing

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

[hic]

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

*twiddles thumbs* Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

you'll go blind, sir

Jump to: