45 coaches online • Server time: 09:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2013 - 14:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Here you may post your suggestions for the HERO we are hunting. you can also second other peoples suggestions.

Anyone adjudged a true hero will be receiving the Fan Favorite Skill.

Posts MUST follow the loose format details. Anything spurious will be ruthlessly deleted(when someone gets round to it).

Format:
Post a link to the game(s) that caught your eye.

Name the Hero, ideally with a player link/team link.

Make a reference, ideally with turn numbers, to the incidents and/or behaviours that make this candidate a hero.

Create a heading for 'seconders'

Make it fun.

Seconding format:
Mention the suggester and the Player they have suggested.

Expect your post to be deleted and added, via edit, to the original suggestion.

THE ONLY RULE
you cannot suggest, nor second, your own players.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %16, %2014 - %11:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2013 - 03:09
FUMBBL Staff

The Team who will review the suggestions and take the final decisions.

PurpleChest
Someone has to chair it, that someone is me.

Shadow46x2
Representing the Admins, with huge Tournament experience and a PHD in stunty. Hard but fair and knows his own mind.

PurpleGoo
Knows BB from the days of black and white clients, old skool (and incredibly good)coach unimpressed with your modern fancy ways. Not a lover of the Majors, convince him you've done something special, and you have.

RandomOracle
Properly good coach and frightening mind, like the guy in the new Star Trek film, FC past winner with a B team. Knows the pomb as well as any man or any B coach.

PainState
Effort deserves reward, and no one puts more effort into making majors fun than PainState.And when it comes to quality coaching, well, then he's largely here to make the tea.

So, thats the people you have to influence with your suggestions. i think they represent FUMBBL pretty well. Fun and serious, R and B, authority and indapendance, lovers and loathers of FUMBBL Majors, good coaches and PainState. impress that 5, and you earn a Fan Favorite.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 12:08
FUMBBL Staff

People very much missing the point here.

Really, it's not that hard an idea to grasp.

While the FC is running, if you (as spectator or opponent) see something heroic, funny, outrageous, lucky, harsh, amazing, silly, teebow, gamechanging, legendary or just plain dumb, you come here, you post about it, and if me, PG, RO, Shadow and Painstate agree, that player gets an FF award.

Just because i used the word hunt, doesnt mean we are looking to kill things. Stop being so american.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So close.

Bishop, a human blitzer with Bored Mascots, inflicted casualties on turns 1, 2, and 7 of the first half, and then on turns 1, 2, 3, and 5 of the second half of their game against Backstabbing Assassins, leaving only four of the Assassins on the field. On turn 6, though, he rerolled Both Down/Skull into Skull/Skull to let their ball-carrier get away for an eventual touchdown. An unfortunate end to a massive 7 CAS game.

Seconds:
FredAstaire

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2013 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The lonely tale of a Gobbo & his saw.

I nominate Ginger.

Ginger is weak, but a skilled mechanic, and with his powerful tool in his hands to make short work of the opponents juggernaut Tackle Pomb Saurus Monty the Python (who incidently should get a hero award simply for his name). But succeeding in his work came at a cost. Ginger had to stand infront of the Terrible Lizard, the mighty Kroxigor. But Ginger had accepted his fate, because he could take the fall. Because you either di- become badly hurt- a hero, or live long enough to become the villian. He is whatever Gotham needs him to be (god damn it, I've been watching films again).

A cPomber may kill, an elf may score. But a true hero takes one for the team.

Events took place in the first turn of this match
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3493431

I nominate Gordon Ramsey. Second half he dodges free, pounces on a loose ball, storms up the pitch, does several gfi but is still one short to score but nearly sets up a score with a hand off. Did I mention he's a tree?

Seconds
painstate
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate Urd of Ygdrasil for his heroics versus Touched by Chaos

Turn 8 second half. Never surrender

maysrill wrote:
Catcher single-handedly saved the game with a -2db POW at the goal line, then got surfed for a BH. HEs took home the cleared-from-the-pitch win thanks to Urd.

http://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3494318

Seconders
maysrill
Pacosillas
Azure
Robocoyote
Elliott_the_Lame

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

robocoyote wrote:
PacoSillas wrote:
Azure wrote:
Diddyboy wrote:
I nominate Urd of Ygdrasil for his heroics versus Touched by Chaos

Turn 8 second half. Never surrender

http://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3494318

I will second nomination.

So will I

Truly a Hero play

I third or forth this nomination

I'll fifth that nomination.
latulike

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=676661

Nothing is more heroic than dying doing that heroic move.

In a pitch clear one sided game. Jumboparagon's Undead were playing almost rookie rats. During OT, the rookie skaven Thrower "Professor Fail" tries the impossible when blitzing the blodge 76spp+ ball carrying Ghoul. Professor Fail knows he's one of the two skaven left out there (VS 10 undead) that could steal the ball.

Result of the blitz : POW!

Ball bounced two squares east of Professor Fail (one GFI left).

Now this is the part where great fluff comes in. Professor Fail, indeed fails his next action, trying to mark the ball. His missed go for it was his truly last.

Coach Themalkman said Jumboparagon in a relieving manner: "Now he can fail you too.", as Professor Fail joined the Undead's rank as a rookie Zombie.

That action was hilarious, especially in the context. I think he deserves a vote for the Fan Fave skill, giving his life for his team (or what was left from it).
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

you're going to make me keep him arnt you?!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2013 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to nominate a Zombie. Aatteiden Alistaja of Viimeinen Linja, possibly the silliest Undead team you have ever seen (one Wight, two Mummies and a bunch of Frenzied Zombies). In this games vs. the Purple Delvers, everything seems under control for the Dwarves until Aatteiden picks up the ball and starts running for it. Repeated dodges and GFIs later he scores in T8 of 1st half. The Undead proceed to win the game in overtime.

This seems to be becoming a habit. In the team's previous FC match, Aatteiden also scored a touchdown.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I would like to nominate a Zombie. Aatteiden Alistaja of Viimeinen Linja, possibly the silliest Undead team you have ever seen (one Wight, two Mummies and a bunch of Frenzied Zombies). In this games vs. the Purple Delvers, everything seems under control for the Dwarves until Aatteiden picks up the ball and starts running for it. Repeated dodges and GFIs later he scores in T8 of 1st half. The Undead proceed to win the game in overtime.

This seems to be becoming a habit. In the team's previous FC match, Aatteiden also scored a touchdown.

I second this.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2013 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My nomination goes to the dark elf assassin Brother Painkiller for his performance on the last game of his team against the mighty ACEII Brotherhood. His leaping stabs not only kept his team in the game much longer than expected, singlehandedly stopping the offense of the monstruous dwarves, but he even seriously injured a hyped dwarf blitzer.

Finally, and most importantly, in a last ditch effort of his team to tie the game and bring it to overtime, he disposed of the stat freak runner Skalator Rider, who seemed destined to carry the Brotherhood to the top.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2013 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

I second this.

must third this one

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2013 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
My nomination goes to the dark elf assassin Brother Painkiller for his performance on the last game of his team against the mighty ACEII Brotherhood. His leaping stabs not only kept his team in the game much longer than expected, singlehandedly stopping the offense of the monstruous dwarves, but he even seriously injured a hyped dwarf blitzer.

Finally, and most importantly, in a last ditch effort of his team to tie the game and bring it to overtime, he disposed of the stat freak runner Skalator Rider, who seemed destined to carry the Brotherhood to the top.

Seconded - was awesome!
 Jump to: