16 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
I'm in

Oh man, there goes the neighborhood Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
You joining the KPL?

I think I'll give it a try. Wink

Enrolling for Khemri.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna give this a crack, timezones be damned. I have some time during the day free, so maybe it will work.

Mahrak Howling Jackals will join as soon as I fill their roster with the dregs of Mahraki society!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ATTENTION

KPL is getting mass attention right now. Coaches from all three of FUMBBL's regional timezones have interest but do not want to deal with timezone issues with matches on BB time.

KPL is willing to take all coaches on FUMBBL.

KPL will split the league into 3 confrences if the demand warrants it.

Europe Confrence

North America Confrence

Australia/NZ and the rest of Asia.

In order for such a split Setra has deemed that atleast 8 teams must represent each Timezone.

Europe is set to go and has more than enough room to take on more coaches.

So if you are outside of Europe and are jazzed about KPL. Send some PM's out to coaches in your timezone that might be interested.

Take charge and form up your own confrence for the KPL.

Especially you Asia timezone players..You want KPL action?

Get 8+ coaches round up and the KPL will make your own confrence.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.

It will be a pleasure to rub boners against you fine gentlemen.

__Synn
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Out in the lush garden of Tomb King Setras residence he sits on a golden throne. Watching the butterflies frolick in the air. The honey bees are out and he dreams of the days when he could taste honey, it is only a memory now. Suddenly his right arm rifles out into the air at breakneck speed. Between his thumb and index finger he holds a golden hornet. The Hornet keeps stinging Setra to no avail. Setra smiles and crushes his nemesis that has been raiding his garden. He watches as the hornets guts spill out onto his hand.
Setra looks up as Rah-ma is weaving his way down the overgrown path.

"My lord the news is golden this morning. Your PM spam campaign is working to perfection like you said it would."

Setra regards the remains of the hornet and flicks them on a nearby ant hill for their morning meal.

"Very few can resist my summons Rah-ma, you should know that. Those who have denied me with feeble time constraint issues and so forth will come around in due time. The pull of Khemri is to great even for them to resist. The KPL offers to much honor, glory and riches. All will bow to its greatness in time."

"We currently are at 17 teams formed up. I checked your PM's this morning and there are atleast 6 more pending team creation."

"That is good. I to looked at the PM's and it is set then that there will be a conference for Europe and one for North America BUT we cannot sit on our success Rah-ma we must push forward to greater glory. I feel we need at minnimum 12+ teams in each conference for things to run smoothly. I will send out the next PM spam chain tonight in North America. I feel that the dwellers across the world on that big island are resisting the call."

"Well my King they are notorious recluses over there. Dwellers in the SWL are famed for being very inclusive and reluctant to interact with others outside their clan."

"Well let them rot in their caves for all I care. May their ships flounder on the reefs and the sharks eat them all alive as they swim to shore."

"My King there is some tremblings though as we get set for the kick off of the season. Some coaches are pointing out that the rules for naming a team constrain them from fluffing out the history of Khemri. They feel naming their team after the Great Necropolis's is to binding. Some of them would like to name their team around some of the locations like the Black Pyramid or the dark waters of the desolation as examples. They would like to spread their wings and fly through the rich history of Khemri."

"Well I would not deny that there are many locations in Khemri that are wonders of the world. Great events have transpired at these locations and their history should not be buried under the sands but elevated so that the world can learn of these places and revel in the glory of Khemri. But I do have some concerns. Rah-ma throw me the ancient rule book of NUFFLE for some wisdom."

Rah-ma reaches into his haversack and pulls out the golden tome of NUFFLE. He puts it his right arm and rifles the tome at setra. It arches gracefully in the air end over end and plops on the ground 1 foot in front of him.

"You throw like a 4 year old girl Rah-ma. That was pitiful and painful for me to witness. Now reach down and bring it to me."

Rah-ma reaches down and collects the tome. Uttering curses to NUFFLE and double 1's. Setra grabs the Tome and turns to one of his book marks he has made.

"Now Rah-ma according to the rules that NUFFLE has laid down he speaks of the rules of naming teams. According to the rules the anicent order of the NFL determined that all team names will start with the name of the city or region they represent, examples are given. New England Patriots and New York Giants. It makes no sense according to the ancient order to call them the Patriots of New England or the Giants of New York. Now the layman may call them that but the official names of the team will always start with city or region.

Who am I to defy the rule book? We will name teams as the rule book has laid forth. Teams may theme their team around locations of historical value but the name of the location must come first in the naming of the team."

"Very wise my King Iam sure the coaches will appreciate your wisdom and be grateful of your accomidations you have given them for fluff."

"Rah-ma as I sit here I have just read the following section of rules regarding the numbering of players in respect to position of the player. Maybe we should enact such rules for the KPL."

"My King with all due respect. Some coaches are simple minded folks. If we are so strict with the rule book some coaches will just throw up their arms in disgust with all the rules to simply create a team. I feel at some point we must give some leeway to the coaches and get the teams formed up first."

Setra looks over the top of the Rule Book with a penetrating gaze at Rah-ma. He then closes the rule book and throws it at Rah-ma in a tight spiral. Rah-ma deftly catches it out of the air. Setra sits back in his throne and smirks.

"I knew you had some Blood Bowl talent in you Rah-ma. You are a pitiful thrower but catching now that might be right up your alley. All that dagger training finally paying off."

"Thank you my King I always strive to show my talents and not let you down. Are we done for today?"

"Yes we are Rah-ma. Make the changes to the rules of the KPL. I must now find that hornets nest and exterminate it with malice and spite."

Last edited by PainState on %b %08, %2013 - %05:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually play vs. Euros, but I don't guess that matters.

I'll join Season 2 with Vamps. So scared coaches should leave by then...
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

VERY IMPORTANT

KPL right now for the first season it looks like there will be a Europe Conference and a North American Conference inless the aussies pull their heads out of their butts and get 9+ teams formed up.

Which conference you play IS COMPLETLY UP TO YOU. Your location DOES NOT MEAN you have to play in your regional conference. IF your best time to play is in another conference you will be allowed to join that one.

I will be joining the Europe Conference because my best time for me to play matches is 21-24:00 BB time which puts me in the prime Euro time slot.

Many of the North American coaches are joining because the KPL is offering them a conference that plays at their peak time.

The choice is completely up to you and I will be sending out a PM to make sure everyone is in the conference that best suits them to get games played and not have to worry about arranging matches over large time zone changes.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

** Leaked wiki page PM that Rah-ma sent out on the internal KPL line **

** Kick off for KPL is planned on Monday. SO if you are interested you need to hit the KPL league page link on page 1, read the rules and make a team. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO # OF COACHES IN A CONFERENCE.

Coaches here is what it is looking like right now. We will have 2 conferences for the first season.

Europe:
Frankenstein
Sonrises
easilyamused
chimp2010
Mihme
luoghera
cowhead
positronmike
PainState
Araznaroth
Calcium
cdassak
paradocks
stanley

North America
xyon
fangbanger
Wheelchairguy
Beerox
robocoyote
cavetroll
Castleman
Spasma
Big-Al
Honki

(Synn and Whatball have not made teams yet)

Floater
Pythrr can play in either so he will float and slide in if a conference that is uneven.

So we have more than enough coaches to kick off on Monday.

IF I have you in a conference that you do not want to play in tell me and I will switch you to the other one. I have moved over to the euro conference for easy of playing because of my time schedule.

Remember the conferences are set up to make sure everyone can play at a good time in your timezone.

DO NOT move to a conference were you are the guy who is the pain in the butt to schedule matches with because your a +/-5 hours away.

I have sent out over 50 PMs in both North America and Europe. I have given up on the Aussies.

There still might be a flood of teams on the horizon.

IF by some crazy chance a conference goes over 20 teams I will split that conference into 2 groups of ideally 12 teams.

Keep talking up the KPL for the kick off season.

Lets have some fun.

Last edited by PainState on %b %08, %2013 - %15:%Nov; edited 7 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
ah, well, yeah thats the one, well maybe not.

oh Confused

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rah-ma has finalized the KPL rules charter on the Unique KPL rules that will be used during the season.

Here is a copy of the unique rules for those to lazy to read the KPL charter rules.

Games in the KPL will use overtime.

Nothing bothers an undead spectator more than a tie. He is undead, he needs some resolution in his Blood Bowl. A tie just means he must suffer in his undeath with nothing to look forward to like a win. He wants his team to win, not some stupid tie.

Thus the Tomb Kings have determined all KPL games will go to OT and go to a shoot out if necessary.

Spiked Balls will be enabled for all KPL matches. The fans love the spiked balls and it gives them much pleasure. Plus way back in the day all the balls were spiked. So it gives the KPL some symmetry with the past and the future of Blood Bowl.

Khemri is know for one thing above all, THE DIRTY BOOT!!! and the KPL will celebrate this. The +1 on AV checks for Fouls will be enabled for all KPL matches. We cannot bring back the glory days of LRB4 but we can atleast unnerf the boot a little.

Nothing rattles the bones and mummy wrappings like a good Pile On.The Pile On KO option will be enabled. IF you roll a double on the AV check or the INJ check while using Pile On you will get KOed as your undead frame could not handle the punishment of delivering such a blow.

Elixir of Immortality will be given out to the Championship team. The player with the highest SPP on the team will be give this great honor. When he drinks the elixir he will become immortal and transcend his undead form into a higher state of undead, a specter, a lich or what ever form he desires. BUT this transformation will make the player quit Blood Bowl so he can bask in his immortality for a few hundred years.

That player will be admitted into the KPL Hall of Fame with all the honors and glory that bestows and the coach MUST RETIRE THAT PLAYER AFTER THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.

Each season the KPL will have a global event that effects all the teams and matches during the KPL season. I will give more details before each season on what this global event will be.

The Spiked Trophy. Any player who is KILLED by a spiked ball will receive this trophy and his name will be etched into the granite walls of the KPL Hall of fame in the spiked wing. Be sure to record this epic feat in the match report and write it down in the KPL season thread.

Last edited by PainState on %b %07, %2013 - %21:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL question of the day:

How many Spike Trophies does one need to collect in one season to claim he should be the Champion of the KPL and the true champion is a lucker?

4?

5?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

5 sounds good. I want to play!!! step up your game NA coaches
PositronMike

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2013 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how many vampires I will kill with the ball? Probably most of them
 Jump to: