27 coaches online • Server time: 10:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2014 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I would if I had the time Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2014 - 00:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You're not the first person to say that. I'm looking at quite a relaxed schedule with optional playing ahead, and the games themselves will be shorter than usual due to the reduced player number and fewer re-rolls (I'd guess under an hour).

In the words of Peter Griffin I say only this: "C'mon. CAMAN!"

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2014 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, think I better focus on the leagues that I'm in.

(length of games doesn't really matter for me, it's the scheduling of games that's the main thing)

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2014 - 20:12
FUMBBL Staff

Just want to bump this back to the top to see if we get any late submissions before finalizing player numbers Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 12:53
FUMBBL Staff

Hi

Grind has a new shiny group page, complete with full rules and league background

We've got 10 players now. I'll be accepting new applications until the end of the week and hoping to get started on Monday.

Thanks

Josh
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2014 - 14:42
FUMBBL Staff

Update

So we're exactly 1 week since the league kicked off and we've already had 6 games played! Only 1 remaining game in Round 1 to be played and over a week ahead of schedule.

Some Highlights from the opening week:

Vendettas
We have 2 new vendettas
Xia Mosty has a personal vendetta against Nazario Grande. His tendency for foul play will surely serve him well in settling scores.
Gnarh "Il Brute" Gorsskh has a personal vendetta against Orso Smaldone. The brutish Ogre will look to hammer his opposite number into the dirt next season.

Skill Choices
Here's a look at how the coaches assigned their opening skill choices
Blitzers: We've seen a mixed skill selection among blitzers. 2 have chosen Grab as their first skill, others selected Fend or Sure Hands (with the last one being an Orc.
Bigs: Orso Smaldone was our first Big Guy to skill and has chosen to Pile On
Elves: 3 elves managed to skill. +MA on a catcher was an easy choice and he'll no doubt become a dangerous player. Zarget the lineman chose to learn Fend which gives him some interesting options. The other catcher Xla selflessly chose Kick.

Interesting Facts
There have been no ties in the opening 6 games and 16 Touchdowns - That's 2.67 per match!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2014 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting! Smile

While I can't join right now, I'm still curious about how the league develops. So thanks for the summery!

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2014 - 17:51
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks. I'm going to try and update every couple of weeks or so with how things are going, how teams and players are developing and what grudges are forming!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

We have yet another vendetta at the Galloper Gunners of Bronzino... and yet again it was Nazario Grande, who was attempted blocked, that injured his opponent while holding on to the ball... It only seems fair that Nazario chose Sure Hands as his first skill!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to say, Opening game was harsh dice for the HE. Second game was a lot better. Apart from the bad dice were all for the Humans this time.

All in all quite liking this league so far

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Boss! I must have missed some rules, 'cause I don't understand how the score is computed. Can you help me Smile
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This 'minimum development level for skill access' sounds like a very nifty balancing mechanic, and it does sound as if you've thought about it quite well. (although I think the severe limiting of skills, often requiring doubles is a bit much). Still, interesting, different, fun, fluffy, nice!

If I wasn't already overenrolled in leagues and delayed in handing in my PhD thesis I'd be signing up here. =D
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 14:44
FUMBBL Staff

@coach ttorvatn: Yeah I hadn't decided on the scoring when I made the group page, and when I announced it I did so on the group PM and obviously missed off adding it to the rules. Oops! It's added now at the bottom of the rules page Smile

@the_sage: Thanks! The league is really a bunch of different ideas I put together to see if it made something enjoyable. So far it seems to be. The basis I wanted was a strong fluff theme, but for that to be reflected in the rules and the game rather than just in profiles and bios.

I'll be recruiting for season 2 in a few months most likely (we're about a quarter of the way through currently). There's already been a good level of interest so I'm hoping we'll add at least 5 more coaches.

I'll try to add a second 'Official League Update' later today or tomorrow with the latest news, vendettas and skill choices Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2014 - 15:08
FUMBBL Staff

Latest Update 10/02/2514
4 weeks since kick-off and nearly 3 rounds done! Only 1 remaining game in Round 3 to be played and we'll be a full 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Here are some Highlights from rounds 2 and 3 week:

Vendettas
New vendettas
Constante Finetti harbors a seething hatred for Ugolino Lepre after the being momentarily killed by the lineman!
Hicks declares a vendetta against Gronkzag Snotspike after getting his hip smashed.
Hardrock, newly signed Journeyman declares a vendetta against Enzrodd Dogchewer.

Skill Choices
There have been too many skills selected to list them all in an update now, so I'll highlight some interesting ones:
The Galloping Gunners have chosen to play rough with a Dirty Player lineman and a Sneaky Git catcher.
Some interesting Human Catcher doubles with 2 Stand Firm and a Grab. Both good choices. Development from there will be interesting.
The smaller player number and lack of re-rolls has led to Shadowing seeing some use, being picked up by both a catcher and a blitzer

Interesting Facts
We've had the retirement of one of the Elven teams, their frail bodies unable to cope with the rough and tumble of the division. Maybe their Dwarven replacements will fare better.
We still have no draws after 14 games. The format makes for very open games!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 11:29
FUMBBL Staff

Grind is recruiting for one open space. First come first bludgeoned. Check out the group page and get those applications in!

If we have more than one interested player then I'll take invites for the start of season 2.

Huzzah!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: