31 coaches online • Server time: 09:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A few thoughts:

Apojar wrote:
Oakland's Blitzer core has been decimated with injury. Not to totally dismiss them, but it's 3-1/2 rookies (one Blitzer has Tackle). They also don't have a skilled Runner/Thrower/Ball Handler. They have an Assassin. They have a rookie Witch Elf, which was also a possibility to look for. Given what was available when Oakland's slot came up, the Witch Elf really wasn't an option.

I appreciate the A+ grade, but I was simply happy to get a player that fit my biggest need (casualty-causing blitzer/sweeper); when the draft started to get into the teens I started counting the # of MB blitzers that I could potentially draft, and Ashmead was the one I had hoped would fall to me after about pick #13. I lost a 70 spp blitzer (ST4+Mb) and a 130 spp blitzer (blodge/SS/guard/tackle/fend) late in the year and it really put my team in rebuilding mode for this offseason. If Arizona hadn't taken the +AG/block/SS/stripball Skilled player (S. Remy Doege) two picks ahead of me, I would have been REALLY tempted to turn him into a witch. I haven't had much luck with them yet, but that would have been a hell of a player (for a while). And finally, Oakland takes offense to your statement that we "don't have a skilled Runner/Thrower/Ball Handler." Perhaps you didn't notice that our draft pick from last year, Justin "Lucky Ducker" Zipp, quietly had himself an 18 spp campaign while playing strictly on one side of the ball (his role may expand this season as he looks to be the focal point of the offense...not that I should be revealing stuff to my division rivals).

Apojar wrote:
20. NY JETZ

Race: Chaos
Player Selected: Kyle Gronski (Fresno State)
Skills: Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Grab, +MA - 135 points
Position: Chaos Warrior
Grade: D

I understand that the JETZ front office prefers to draft support players and then build up the warriors in-house, but seriously, when a top 10 player in the draft falls to you at 19...you take the best player available. No he doesn't have +ST or two doubles or whatnot, but he's a player who can clear the field of your opponent, allowing you to skill up some support players the old fashioned way. When you desecrate New Angryland this year, remind me to remind you to regrade this pick.

Apojar wrote:
WIPER JR: These guys have won the AFC West 3 consecutive seasons. That is simply astonishing, given the likes of the coaching royalty in the division. All 4 West coaches are some of the best the NBFL has to offer.

Firstly, robo is a f$#^ing lucker and I'm going to give him the ass-whooping he deserves one of these days!!

Secondly, three of the four AFC West coaches are great; if I wasn't playing elves I wouldn't win a single game against any of them (not that I beat them that often anyways). I've come a long way since losing my first six or seven NCBB bowl games but I don't scratch the top 10 of the NBFL coaching list.

And once again, great job Apojar and keep up the good work. You may have inspired me to finally do another NBFL season preview, time permitting.

Don't drop the soap.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
A few thoughts:

Firstly, robo is a f$#^ing lucker and I'm going to give him the ass-whooping he deserves one of these days!!

Secondly, three of the four AFC West coaches are great; if I wasn't playing elves I wouldn't win a single game against any of them (not that I beat them that often anyways). I've come a long way since losing my first six or seven NCBB bowl games but I don't scratch the top 10 of the NBFL coaching list.

And once again, great job Apojar and keep up the good work. You may have inspired me to finally do another NBFL season preview, time permitting.

Quote for lolz
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Hi, and welcome back, NBFL fans! We return you to the NBFL Season 12 Draft Analysis and Review show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter alongside my partner Kill Wiper Jr. Kill, I'll start off this segment with the losers of this year's Super Bowl, and you take on the champs at 32. How's that sound?

WIPER JR: I'm all set to go with it. Whenever you're ready.

31. CLEVELAND

Race: Necromantic
Player Selected: Manti Destroy'O (Notre Dame)
Skills: Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Tackle - 26 points (player already has Stand Firm)
Position: Flesh Golem
Grade: A-

NOTE: This team has already begun/finished the off-season building process. Analysis based on the team roster as it appears at the time of show taping.

CHEFCTER: The Drowns are the reigning AFC Champions, and with good reason. They employ an enormously balanced game. They came storming through the elite squads of the AFC relatively healthy. There really wasn't very many glaring needs for personnel for the Cleveland boys. But, there was ONE.

Cleveland lost one of their Flesh Golems late in the regular season in the body of Clay Matthews Jr. For the rest of the season and the Playoffs, Cleveland had employed rookie Flesh Golem Harry Holt in the position, who filled in as well as he could. Cleveland began the search for a strong replacement in the draft.

Looking over the Strength section, there are two candidates for the Flesh Golem job. We here at BSDN, if we were in the front office, would most likely have taken Johnathon McCrary (Block, Dodge, Tackle - 37 pts). We have two reasons why we say this:

FIRST: a Flesh Golem with Dodge becomes an enormously frustrating and difficult opponent to move, let alone deal with. You almost have to commit a Tackle player to him to have any chance of success.

SECOND: Not only does McCrary come with Dodge, he already comes with Block. That's very helpful for a young player trying to fit in to an established line.

We would fully like to state, however, that we at BSDN are not claiming to have any kind of front office skills for an NBFL franchise. We only look at numbers, and what we feel like would be in the best interest on paper. Cleveland OBVIOUSLY knows what it's doing, making it to the Super Bowl this season.

WIPER JR: I'm a former NBFL General Manager, Stabby! I know what the hell I'm doin'!

CHEFCTER: That's true, fans. Kill joined us after being the form General Manager of the Super Bowl winning Chicago Bares. Safe to say, he knows personnel.

WIPER JR: You're damn right! Let me at the Champs!!!

32. PHILHALA

Race: Norsemen
Player Selected: Johnathon McCrary (Vampirebilt)
Skills: Block, Dodge, Tackle - 37 points
Position: Ulfwerener
Grade: A

WIPER JR: Since I've yet to see coach Relezite since the Playoffs began, I'd like to congratulate him and the entire Philhala franchise on a great win in this season's Super Bowl. A great achievement for your fans.

The story for a new Ulfwerener follows the same pattern as the aforementioned Cleveland's Flesh Golem saga came to be. In a late regular season game against Flashington, Philhala lost its Ulfwerener, Jaredick Ordrickggason, to injury. He would immediately announce his retirement.

A rookie was brought in to replace him for the balance of Season 11, but was relegated back to the practice squad at the end of the playoff run. Coach Relezite started looking almost immediately for a suitable replacement.

They made it through the Playoffs by riding the rookie, but in the Strength section of the draft, they find McCrary just waiting to join. He becomes an impact player at opening kickoff, having Block, Dodge, and Tackle. He won't be easy to remove from the pitch.

The Runner position will be something that will need to be addressed soon for Philhala as well. They lost their experienced Runner in a mid-season match against Detroilet, but have managed to play on without a star in the position. The Philhala team is just so balanced, that they can easily hide the lack of a Runner. Their Linemen, Berserkers, even their Thrower all step up to get the job done, no questions asked.

CHEFCTER: We now start once again with the Expansion squad section. Newer teams that are entering the NBFL this season are granted later round draft picks in an attempt to establish competition early for these clubs, so there aren't as drastic of growing pains.

33. INSANELOUIS

Player Selected: Castro Masaniai (Oregon State)
Skills: Block, Guard - 22 points
Position: Chaos Warrior
Grade: B

CHEFCTER: This new squad of Chaos has already drafted two Beastmen, so I can understand the desire to pick up a CW in the draft. If it were myself, I would not have waited NEARLY this long to pick one up. History dictates that good Linemen/Beastmen are still available later on in the draft. The need for a CW should have been early on.

Nonetheless, a CW is picked up here. In all honesty, Masaniai is not bad at all. He is going to serve more as a supporter to start, as CW's with Block and Guard skill rather slowly. Hopefully, he'll be a long-term force for the front line for InsaneLouis, but we don't predict a swift development for him unless he begins to carry the ball on a regular basis. That shouldn't be his role here. So, grade is reflective of drafting the best player left on the board for the position he was hired to play. BSDN just feels like the position was not the best option to draft at this point.

34. HACKSONVILLE

Race: Chaos Pact
Player Selected: Luc Fistaborn (Missouri)
Skills: Wrestle, Tackle, +AV - 41 points
Position: Marauder
Grade: C

WIPER JR: Let's first start with the quick review of whom the young Quagmires have already drafted:

Expansion: Geno Atkinzizi - Chaos Troll
Pick #9: MD Punisher - Chaos Ogre

With two Big Men already in place, it makes sense to add either a Marauder or a Dark Elf Renegade here to handle the ball. There's still at least two Skilled selections that would serve to be an excellent Dark Elf for this younger Pact squad. The front office, however, decides it wants to invest in a Marauder.

They choose Fistaborn. If you look at who is still available that would be of immediate use to the young Quagmires, the best choice available to Hacksonville may very well have been Roberta Gronkowski (Block, Guard, Tackle - 35 points). He adds the support that is needed for the rest of the squad around him to develop nicely.

Seems to us here at BSDN that the Quags got a moderately useful player. He should at least be around for quite a while, but he's not very specialized to make an immediate impact for the squad. We feel, however, that there were at least 3 other, better picks available for Hacksonville at the time, hence the lower grade.

35. GNAWLEANS

Race: Nurgle
Player Selected: Kyle Luckenga (BYU)
Skills: Block, Frenzy - 18 points
Position: Nurgle Warrior

CHEFCTER: Gnawleans is one of the expansion squads for Season 12. Let's revisit what they've drafted thus far:

EXPANSION: Az-zahir Hakim - Block, Dodge, Side Step, +AG - Pestigor
Pick #8: Lance Mitchell - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Tackle - Pestigor

The idea of picking up a Strength player this late in the draft is not one that we here at BSDN are fond of. This is especially true here in the fact that Luckenga is the ONLY player left in the Strength section. In theory, however, this time it actually works out for the Big Easies.

Luckenga is not all the bad a fit for a younger squad. We've extolled earlier in this draft about the undervaulued skill Frenzy. It seems to us that a younger squad would benefit from a larger guy having Frenzy to clear a hole through a line.

Sentimentally speaking, I like this pick for two other reasons. First, Kyle is one of only two players in the Season 12 draft from BYU this year. Second, Kyle has waited 4 drafts to finally get a job in the NBFL. We here at BSDN are thrilled for him to finally get a chance to shine. Best of luck to him.

Overall, it seems that there really wasn't much else of a choice here for Gnawleans. They've already drafted two Pestigors. We're guessing they don't want to pick up a 3rd, despite there being a very good one out there in Roberta Gronkowski.

Though we feel it was not as solid a strategy to wait so long for a Strength position, BSDN experts and myself feel like the player drafted here will serve fairly well in the grand scheme of the squad. Wrong time to draft for this position, but a good player nonetheless.

CHEFCTER: Folks, we're getting closer to the end of the NBFL Draft Review for Season 12, but we ain't done yet!

WIPER JR: So be sure to stay tuned. After these commercials, we'll finish up the Expansion squads, and start into compensatory picks.

CHEFCTER: We'll be right back!
Ziggyny

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to point out that Hacksonville's #34 has dodge, not tackle, which I think does specialize him enough to have been worth picking up. He gets to stand on the line and take punches in a division filled with non-claw bashers.

I donno, I've never played Pact before, but it seemed like a decent role to fill and it had two non-normal rolls so it'll be hard to fill organically?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Mr. Apojar,

We would like to respectfully suggest that your draft grades are hooey. To wit, the story of the Flashington Redheads (Season XI notwithstanding: Ms. Barnes understands her B grade, though we submit that her upside has prevailed so far, and expect high marks in any outcome-based feature).

Season X: The Redheads were downgraded for taking our first captain, T. Kozlowski, a Blitzer almost exactly in the mold of Manti Destroy'o, only with a slightly more useful skillset, and at pick #5. We accepted that downgrade, thought it appropriate even, because we're Amazons and we need stats. There was an excellent passer on the board, but being able to ball on one end but not the other didn't feel as conducive to instant success as having a developed Blitzer on an expansion team. There were no extraordinarily strong players on the board: in fact, Detroilet and Chicago pulled a division-rival draft trade to snatch Nazzaromo for Chicago at #4.

Season XII: The Redheads get downgraded for taking a strong player, one who exhibits good blocking technique at #14, because, what, there's a sure-tackling Blitzer on the board? Only this time, we have three such players on the roster. We'd much rather develop Fletcher and have a monster to break things open, because we're Amazons and we need Stats. To be sure, Destroy'O and Poyer were competing for 11th overall on our draft board… but Doege was 5th, and Doctor was 4th, so we'll keep Fletcher. The rest of the top 10 were gone, and yes, they included several Blitzers (Bullitt 1st, Fugger (as Catcher so I get 5 Blitzers) 6th, Emischen 7th, Williamsss 8th, Truck 9th.

So which is it? Is a couple normal skills on what would still be our fourth-best Blitzer so valuable that we should give up rare strength for it? Or were we right to get our first core Blitzer over a better athlete in our expansion season? Or did you just whiff by not giving us an A+ for drafting a top-10 talent at #14?

Sincerely,

The Flashington Redheads Draft Committee

— J. Riggins
— M. Coleman
— K. Kahaku-Enhada
— R. Grimm
— T. Barnes
— J. Rampant

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %06, %2014 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST is always right, it's an A+ from any position (unless you draft the wrong +ST).
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
+ST is always right, it's an A+ from any position (unless you draft the wrong +ST).
disagree somewhat. But my jaw dropped when Miyuso and Oryx passed on her, and I knew she'd be a Redhead.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %06, %2014 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So do all your draft picks have to undergo a mandatory sex change?

You should just draft GGWs probably Smile
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Welcome back, folks. You're watching the NBFL Season 12 Draft Analysis and Review show. I'm your host, Stabbem Chefcter. Joining me as always is my long-time fellow NBFL nut, Kill Wiper Jr. You tired yet, pal?

WIPER JR: Are you kidding? I live for this? In my spare time, I break down the elementary school kid's picks when they make Dodgeball teams in gym! Come on!

CHEFCTER: That's .... somewhat disturbing, pal. But, let's get back into the NBFL!

36. NY GIANT LEECHES

Race: Vampire
Player Selected: Jake Stoneburner (Ohio State)
Skills: Dodge, Side Step, Diving Tackle - 49 points
Position: Vampire
Grade: A+

WIPER JR: To the members of the NFC East, including the newly crowned Champions in Philhala, I am putting you on notice. The Giant Leeches are coming. They're not coming in a few seasons; they're coming THIS year..

Coach The_Provocateur seems to really knows good players for his squad when they drop in his lap at 36. Stoneburner has the potential to stop an offensive drive dead in the backfield. With SS/DT, teams will have to commit a Tackle player toward him if they want any help of moving the ball along. Once Stoneburner locks onto his target, he becomes very difficult to remove.

Stoneburner is also only 2 points away from picking up Block, which only sweetens the pick for Prov. This pick, in my mind, is the perfect pick for the Leeches.

CHEFCTER: Have to agree, Kill. That's a beautiful pick up for New York.

37. CINCINNATI

Player Selected: Jeremiah Ostrowski (Hawaii)
Skills: Dodge, Wrestle, Side Step - 45 points
Position: Pestigor

CHEFCTER: Cincinnati has had a fairly solid draft thus far. Let's review:

EXPANSION: Michael Bishop Hardradal (Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Accurate, +AG) Pestigor
Pick 10: Tim Flugger (Block, Dodge, Tackle, MB) Nurgle Warrior

Here, Cincinnati looks to add a quality position player. There are NO Strength players available, so no possibility of a 2nd Nurgle Warrior. There is an above average possibility left in the Big Guy section, as Rocky Longer would make a very good Beast of Nurgle. For a newer squad of Nurgle, Cincinnati makes the wise choice to look toward another skilled Pestigor.

They already have their ball carrier/handler/distributor, so they don't need to address any needs there. They look at the next best player available in the Skilled section, and come across a steal in Ostrowski sitting at 37. He's 6 points away from his next skill, which can go in a variety of ways, due to his existing skill set. The pick is solid, allowing for flexibility in their next move.

38. BUFFALO

Race: Wood Elf
Player Selected: Billie The Bow (HSU)
Skills: Leader, Accurate, Sure Hands, Safe Throw - 60 points
Position: Thrower

WIPER JR: How is the name of Roze-el does this guy make it all the way down to 38?!? As is customary, let's review the previous picks for the youngsters in Buffalo.

EXPANSION: Chris McCull - Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle Wardancer
Pick 6: Justin Truck - Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On Wardancer

Buffalo sets itself up with its two Blitzers. They now pick up their ball handler, and they get a VERY good one. The Leader skill will allow Buffalo to save on having to purchase an extra Re-roll early on, allowing them to potentially invest in further personnel, such as a Tree.

On a side note, there is still a very good candidate for the Treeman left in the person of Rocky Longer. Juggernaut and Break Tackle are pretty good, but add the fact that he comes with +MA. That makes for a much more reliable Treeman on the pitch.

Analyzing the value between the two players, however, proves that the utility given by Billie the Bow outweighs the benefits offered by a solid Tree. The front office for Buffalo makes yet another solid choice.

CHEFCTER: That's a good analysis there, Kill. Hadn't thought of the Tree possibility, but that's why you're the personnel expert! Back to me for the first Compensatory pick of Season 12, and it belongs to last season's AFC champions.

39. NEW ANGRYLAND

Race: Chaos Dwarf
Player Selected: Jim Mark'em (Notre Dame)
Skills: Guard, Mighty Blow - 16 points
Position: Chaos Dwarf Blocker

CHEFCTER: There's really not much to say about this pick. This was the blatant guy left in the draft pool that could contribute right away to New Angryland's decimated front line.

It seemed obvious that, in order to be effective immediately, whomever New Angryland drafted would have to come with the Guard skill. Coach licker was well aware of this; anything that he could acquire (at this late point in the draft) beyond Guard would be gravy.

Lo and behold, Mark'em falls to him from the sky with Mighty Blow on board as well. This is just a slam dunk for licker.

40. PITTSBURGH

Race: Chaos Dwarf
Player Selected: Carey Grande (Golden Gate)
Skills: Strong Arm, Sure Hands, Dodge - 34 points
Position: Hobgoblin

WIPER JR: You all know me by now. I'm not usually one to advocate drafting a Hobgoblin. At this point in the draft, however, it's looking like a stellar choice, considering the significant lack of depth they currently have in their Hobgoblin department.

Pittsburgh needs a LOT of help in its ball-handling department. They call on Grande to provide that support, who is by far the best available player in the Skilled section to provide such services. Seems like a win-win all around for the boys in the Steel City.

CHEFCTER: Hang in there, NBFL fans! There's just 6 picks left to go in the Season 12 NBFL Draft Analysis and Review show. We're also going to have a few firsts in our final segment, so it's all sorts of hoopla that you don't want to miss! We'll be right back!
burgun824

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been a great read. I also wish that I could have had you grading some of my work in college...my GPA would have been much higher.
Nekran

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome stuff Apo Very Happy
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How does this actually work: how do you get the right stats, skills and apps onto the players?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

We have admins in the league and a refined system to put SPP on players. Skills and names can be changed once players are built up. Everything is regulated within the league and in coordination between admins for NBFL and NCBB.

In short: Ryanfitz is awesome, Kryten is a martyr, and Christer is lenient on all League matters.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

/me bows to Ryanfitz

Jeffro and Ex-con are Asshats
Apojar

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Well, folks, thank you for tuning in this year. We're now entering the next-to-last segment of this season's NBFL Draft Analysis and Review Show. Stabbem Chefcter here alongside fellow NBFL compadre, Bill Wiper Jr.

WIPER JR: I'm gonna miss doing this Stabby. I mean, I want to do this every day of the season!

CHEFCTER: One draft per season is more than enough, my friend. Well, this segment, we did promise you some firsts, so let's jump right in.

We'd like to issue our very first retraction, as we have incorrectly reported a player in a previous segment. We first stated that the Hacksonville Quagmires pick at 34, Luc Fistaborn was drafted with Wrestle, Tackle, +AV, which was untrue. The correct skill listing should be Wrestle, DODGE, +AV. Kill, it was your pick to analyze at the time, would you like to re-evaluate the grade with this now correct information?

WIPER JR: I'd like to change the pick's grade to a B. Wrestle and Dodge will go along way in keeping this particular Marauder on the playing field. Now, sprinkle in his thicker armor, and it seems to be the making for a player that can potentially be on the roster for many seasons to come.

I'm stopping short of giving it an A due to the fact that I still maintain that Roberta Gronkowski would have been a better choice for what the Quags need to accomplish. Regardless, Fistaborn will surely prove to be an asset for Hacksonville.

CHEFCTER: There you have it, folks. Our first glaring mistake and retraction. We here at BSDN apologize to Luc Fistaborn and his family for misrepresenting his skill set to our viewers, as well to the entire Hacksonville Quagmires team for our error.

CHEFCTER: I think, however, we'll have another one of our "firsts" a bit later in the show. For now, let's get back to the breakdown!

41. HACKSONVILLE

Race: Chaos Pact
Player Selected: Leroy Lutu (Hawaii)
Skills: Block, Dodge, Tackle - 46 points
Position: Marauder

CHEFCTER: Hacksonville has been doing very well in its first NBFL draft thus far. Here's the customary recap to remind you of how they've built so far:

EXPANSION: Geno Atkinzizi (Block, Guard) - Chaos Troll
Pick 9: MD Punisher (Block, Guard, Tackle) - Chaos Ogre
Pick 34: Luc Fistaborn (+AV, Wrestle, Dodge) - Marauder

As previously mentioned, we here at BSDN had mis-reported the skill set possessed by Luc Fistaborn, incorrectly labeling him as having Tackle and not Dodge. This draft pick will add a 2nd Marauder with Dodge onto the squad, making it a big more difficult to remove them from the field of play. Lutu is also only an MVP away from grabbing another skill. With the skills already possessed by the Big Men on the club, this can offer the Quags a bit of flexibility as to what his next skill is going to be. This is a good pickup, especially at 41. Hacksonville also gets the benefit of picking up a Tackle player, which everyone needs.

WIPER JR: It seems uncommon to find a player of Lutu's caliber anywhere below 25 in a draft, let alone at 41. This could be one of the steals of this draft.

42. BUFFALO

Race: Wood Elf
Player Selected: Gyhard Grimm (Connecticut)
Skills: Block, Guard - 21 points
Position: Lineman

WIPER JR: A very wise former legenday Blood Bowl coach was quoted long ago with a very famous saying, which begins to apply here. "You can only have too much Guard when you have 17 Guards on your roster". That philosophy holds true for most any non-stunty team, including Wood Elves.

Here's the recap of previous draft picks this season by the fledgling Buffalo franchise:

EXPANSION: Chris McCull (Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle) Wardancer
Pick 6: Justin Truck (Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On) Wardancer
Pick 38: Billie the Bow (Leader, Accurate, Sure Hands, Safe Throw) Thrower

Wood Elves always seem to need that extra bit of oomph when it comes to pushing though a block to spring a Catcher deep. Having a Guard on the early squad allows the youngsters to try to pick up a few more (carefully selected) blocks along the way, with the hopes of scoring a CAS.

Looking down the list of available Linemen, however, there's still the glaring name of Roberta Gronkowski that is sitting in the room awaiting a team. (S)he comes with Block, Guard, Tackle, all of which would be extremely beneficial to the youngster up on Lake Ontario. They choose, however, to go with the slightly younger Grimm. This is still a very useful player, but we at BSDN feel like the Buffalo front office may have missed out on this one by not drafting Gronkowski.

43. CINCINNATI

Player Selected: Roberta Gronkowski (Arizona)
Skills: Block, Guard, Tackle - 35 points
Position: Rotter

CHEFCTER: FINALLY!!! Gronkowski should have come off the board a LONG time ago. Here's the previous pick recap.

EXPANSIION: Michael Bishop Hardradal (Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Accurate, +AG) Pestigor
Pick 10: Tim Fugger (Block, Dodge, Tackle, MB) Nurgle Warrior
Pick 37: Jeremiah Ostrowski (Dodge, Wrestle, Side Step) Pestigor

Cincinnati has a great core building here. They could go one of two ways: Look at a Big Guy for their Beast Of Nurgle, or grab the best player that is available there. They look through the Lineman category, and are stunned to see Gronkowski still waiting.

We LOVE her. We here at BSDN, however, feel that the caliber of player that Gronkowski is would have best been served as a Pestigor. It would seem to ensure that, since Pestigors get regeneration, she would have a better chance of being an impact player for far longer.

Right player, but wrong position.

44. GNAWLEANS

Player Selected: Damien Harell Jr. (Navy)
Skills: Block, Dodge, Tackle - 32 points
Position: Rotter

WIPER JR: Gnawleans has been gathering a core of solid position players. Here's our recap:

EXPANSION: Az-zahir Hakim (Block, Dodge, +AG, Side Step) Pestigor
Pick 8: Lance Mitchell (Block, Dodge, Side Step, Tackle) Pestigor
Pick 35: Kyle Luckenga (Block, Frenzy) Nurgle Warrior

Having already drafted two Pestigors and a Nurgle Warrior, the options are somewhat slim. There's still a Beast of Nurgle to be had, or another Pestigor or Rotter. The skills that are available are good, but they're not really supremely different from the pre-drafted Pestigors. The front office elects to draft Harell Jr who comes with Blodge. It will be quite the assistance in keeping this Rotter around a little longer. It's a good choice, and even comes with Tackle. For a newer squad, that's a nice bonus.

Sentimentally speaking, Harell Jr. has been looking for a roster spot for 4 years now. We're thrilled to finally see him make the Bigs.

45. INSANELOUIS

Player Selected: Rocky Longer (New Mexico)
Skills: Break Tackle, +MA, Juggernaut - 32 points
Position: Minotaur

CHEFCTER: At this late point in the draft, do you really think you can go wrong this pick? Here's the recap to prove it to you:

EXPANSION: Tyson All-you All-you (+ST, +AG) Beastman
Pick 11: Matt Williamsss (Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On) Beastman
Pick 33: Castro Masaniai (Block, Guard) Chaos Warrior

Coach Garnak grabs a very good to excellent Big Guy candidate in Longer with the next to last pick in this season's draft. It will allow him to at least have a bit of beef in the Blitzing game, as well as someone who can sneak out of a tackle zone to do so. This pick really should go down as a steal.

CHEFCTER: Well folks, we have one remaining segment to bring to you, which will feature the Season 12 "Mr Irrelevant". Can he have as much success in his career as Ryan Diem from San Dogo? Kill and I will both break down the final pick in our last segment.

WIPER JR: That's right, and we also bring out a new feature in our final segment in yet another first for the Review. Don't go anywhere. It may actually prove to be exciting... though probably not...
 Jump to: