40 coaches online • Server time: 11:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it a good League idea?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Gimme a Pie-Chart
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have long been thinking about a no LOS (scrimmage) league, for the following reasons:
- Dishing out the first 3 blocks is HUGE advantage
- Avoiding 3 blocks is a HUGE factor in stalling. There are games, when this is the only reason for stalling. (Of course stalling is the only way you win, then you are expected to do so nevertheless.)
- In summary it lessens the strategic of the game, with introduction of huge imbalance.

So I had a question to myself what else should be changed once it is not mandatory to put players on the LOS?

I have come up to the conclusion, that the column defense should not be available by default. So the opponent could in theory break through with a proper and successful blitz, as with the base game. (Base game prevents this with 3 on LOS as they are removed from columns, and rest of 8 are only 4 columns, instead of the 5 columns required to cover full pitch width.)

In theory this league should allow maximum 9 players on the pitch to function properly.

Summary of main characteristics at this point:
- No LOS (as premise)
- 9 players on the pitch (as consequence)
- Still 11 players rosters, so 2 mandatory subs as per normal rules (as consequence)

What did I miss, please comment and suggest.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would start with just no LoS. Don't change change anything else and see how that goes.

You still have 8 turns to score.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have always been of the opinion that if every drive started with a blitz that would be quite good for the balance.

It is sort of a compromise. The defending team gets to move everybody except for the players on the line. If the other coach is prepared for this to happen, the two will end up almost equal with probably still a slight advantage for the receiving team.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
I have always been of the opinion that if every drive started with a blitz that would be quite good for the balance.

It is sort of a compromise. The defending team gets to move everybody except for the players on the line. If the other coach is prepared for this to happen, the two will end up almost equal with probably still a slight advantage for the receiving team.

I've always thought that this should be the norm for overtime as winning the toss and receiving is such a big advantage.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 11:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just an idea, but if you limit the player in each wide zone to 1 (one of the game options) then you prevent the column defense and can have the number players set to whatever you want.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point.