27 coaches online • Server time: 02:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the next badge you'd like to see?
BrawlARR - Win a Black Box Brawl
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
WinARR - Win a Major Qualifier
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
BigARR - Sprint with the highest average TV
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
That's right, we want some PIE! Wait, what's all this about badges?
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
LoseARR - Worst record of any sprint
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Something else - You're ideas ARR crap! (post it below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3548340

Hey there my fellow ARRs,
I'll be happy to represent us in the semis of a Black Box MinARRs!

Jeffro
happygrue

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Time mARRches on: Season II finishes at the end of the month!

Currently kingvan's We suckalot (Vampire) continues to lead the pack with Malodoror's Blood <<Gueule>> Bowl Stars (Ogre!) in the top stunty spot.

Two rules updates, noted on the group page:

ARR Brawl: The last BBB of each month is ARRs! Finish those sprints and let's activate ARR teams in the BBB and conquer through sheer numbARRs!

That means in the upcoming draw tomorrow. I know you scurvy swine are worthless at getting dates so I wanted to just reitARRate that. Wink

NOTE: Teams that are retired will be kicked at the end of each season. If that is your only team applied to the group then you will not get PMs anymore. If you'd like to stay ARRound then be sure to apply another team!

I also want to plug two great contests:

Keggies Black Box Goblin Challenge, which I hope will add more goblins to the mix next season. I'll add my own as well!

And our very own FUMBBL Dice Contest! Finish a sprint with each race over the course of this or the next 5 seasons and you could win a full set of FUMBBL dice! Full details available from the banner below.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2014 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I counted 18 completed sprints so far (exactly like season 1) and another 8 teams that are near (13 games or more). Hopefully I will finish a sprint with my Slann to surpass season 1 in total completed sprints.
I don't know how one can work them out but some statistics could be interesting:
Total games of ARR Season 1 vs Season 2
Total games of ARR vs total games of Box
Total games of ARR vs total games of 8 ARR races

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2014 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The second two should be easy enough. I'll have to check to see if the first is a subtraction problem or a counting problem before I promise it. Wink

Also: Let's talk about Zons. I have NO PLANS to add or delete any race from ARR. That said, it could happen sometime down the road. I'm interested to hear opinions, as people started talking about it on the recent blog.

At the end of the day, this is about getting more diversity in the box. We have elves in ARR, they should be darn good if people want to play them. But they just still don't get many games. If Zons hang out not getting played for many months we could talk about bringing them into the fold, but they are mighty killer as a 1000-1100 TV min/max force and I would not want to do anything to encourage such tactics.

Anyway, if you have thoughts about it, feel free to chime in here and I will feel free to ignore them entirely. Er, listen to them. Yes, listen.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually Grue, none of the ARR races are better than 50%. The includes HEs & Pros

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that is a good point. But to my mind it's hard to say if that is because they are bad in the box environment, or if it's because the top coaches play WE and DE instead of PE and HE. When you look at the record of Dolls or Azure and the other folks at the top of the Pro Elf list for example, it doesn't look too far off in win percentage than woodies.

But at the end of the day, my thought is that diversity is king. I'm less concerned with ARR win percentages, personally, than with just making the box more interesting by keeping the match variety up.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2014 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am 11/5/19 with Slann and Vampires, imagine what will happen with Ogres and flings and the rest of the lot.
One thing is certain, everybody must love the ARR, we are making people happy Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My Helves and Goblins are ready for season 3. I propose to call it :TsounARRmi because a legion of ARR teams will flood the Box Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably play my Box Pro Elves more if they had any heart at all. I've never coached a group of elves that fail critical rolls at critical times all the time like they do.

At least you expect to lose with 'flings and ogres is spectacular ways.

No heart I tell you!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
My Helves and Goblins are ready for season 3. I propose to call it :TsounARRmi because a legion of ARR teams will flood the Box Razz

Sold! Season III is underway but I have been messing with $#%@ tables and such trying to find a nicer way to format the results in a way I can plug in easily for future seasons. But I am full up on fale! Just going to post a name list later today I guess.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Season II is over! Check the first post for winners.

Jump to: