58 coaches online • Server time: 21:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which past Badlands Champion do you most want to crush beneath your boot?
Season 1 - Shagga and the Stone Crows
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Season 2 - Maimfist Maniorx
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
What's with the Milking Stool?
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I prefer a big slice of Badland Pie!
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

DeZigma

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Where all these WSC: LoD teams gone? Guess we need a trophy for them?

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
OK thanks got to think about it before I apply though as I don't want to commit and then flake out 'cos of real life getting in the way like I did before when I tried league. I have to say, you guys seem to run the best leagues so even if I miss this one i'll be sure to apply for another in teh future.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope you are able to join. You'll find most of us are pretty flexible with game times. You know I am Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

We have enough teams to go, so we will be starting on Mar 16 but there is still time to apply.

Here's the situation we currently face:

We need three more teams to represent the Mourkain conference. Calling all Fer'ners to apply
(Human, Dwarf, Khemri, Undead, Vampire, Skaven).
Underworld and Ogre will get shifted to the Mourkain conference if necessary for this season, so apply with them too.
The goal will be to move them back to the Orclands in a future season.

Once you are in the group, you will be allowed to play 2 friendlies with other
Badlands teams between now and the start of Season 3 (Mar 16).

You can apply here

- Cavetroll, Waaaghlord of the Maimfist Maniorx

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Update: We now have 13 teams, looking for at least 1 more non-orc/non-goblin team to split into conferences. Also, the league will start on Sun Mar 16, not Sat Mar 15. Calendar reading fael on my part.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

'nother Update: <sigh> ... and now we have 11 teams, looking for at least 1 more to bring us to 12, and 3 more non-orc/non-goblin teams to split into even conferences. Apparently the 'friendleez' weren't so friendly.

Now where is that Shagga. Bad orc!

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 3 has kicked off - 12 teams, 2 conferences, 5 games per conference. Deadline for round 1 is Wed Mar 26 at approximately 9 PM EDT (whenever I get home that evening).

Contact your opponent early to schedule and contact me if you are having problems scheduling.

Good luck all!

- Cavetroll, Waaaghlord of the Maimfist Maniorx

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let you guys know, on Sat 22 all games played on FUMBBL will include the Admin star players. There are no restrictions in Badlands to playing on this day and taking advantage of them, but I warn you they can be pretty random and chaotic. So if you don't want to play on this day, that's fine too.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If wez makez da vote in poll, will Shagga see?
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

dabassman wrote:
If wez makez da vote in poll, will Shagga see?

No, the former Badlands tyrant can't see who voted. Neither can the current tyrant Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to everyone for finishing early. And the Maniorx were not the last game played \o/

Your reward is extra time for round 2. Deadline for round 2 games - Sat Apr 5 approx. 9 PM EDT.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 3 Awards time:

The Refrigerator Perry Award goes to: Bloodbottler of the Kagrothian Kanabulz with 1 TD

There is no Ralph Hinkley Memorial Trophy in Season #3 Sad I checked every single goblin and snotling TD to make sure.
Update: PropellaHeadz managed a TTM 1 TTD in the last game played in the Goblin Nations Swiss Consolation Tournament.
Izigor Splat is the Season 3 winner of the Ralph Hinkley Memorial Trophy

The Not In The Face Bootiful Cup goes to: Nehekhara Parousia with 32 fouls.

And the winner of the Milking Stool for Season Three is: Under Empire Ratlords with an undefeated 6/1/0 record.

Last edited by Cavetroll on %b %29, %2014 - %18:%May; edited 3 times in total
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Season Four Recruitment
With the continued hiatus of the World Championship League (rumors are it will return in the fall), the Greenskinz are eager to continue their success from last season and also reclaim the trophy from some stinky rats. Season Four is a few weeks away from starting, and the Badlands are looking for some new coaches to help us continue the fun. You could be who we are looking for.

Last season we expanded membership to include Orcs, Goblins, Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, and Vampires (Skaven are no longer sought). You can bring an existing team or make a new one as you prefer. There are two conferences: Orclands (for the greenskins - Orcs and Goblins) and Mourkain (for the Fer'ners - Humans, Dwarves, Undead, Khemri, and Vampires). Underworld and Ogres are also welcome, and will be placed in whichever conference needs teams. Currently we need to fill openings in the Mourkain conference first but all applications are welcome.

The two conferences play a regular season against the other teams within the conference, then there is a cross-conference KO tourney to determine the champion of the Badlands each season. Last season the top two teams from each conference went to the playoffs, but this could increase with a larger group. The rest of the teams play in the Goblin Swiss Consolation Tournament, which will be the same number of rounds as the playoffs (last season it was two rounds).

Rule options that will be in effect:
1) 100k per match to induce bribes
2) Fouling gets a +1 to AV self-assist if not hampered
3) Right Stuff counters Tackle skill on blocking actions
4) Sneaky Git skill gets player sent to KO box instead of banned
5) Claw does not stack with other skills (be aware - Mighty Blow will not work against AV7 for the armor roll if you have Claw)

You can apply here

- Cavetroll, Waaaghlord of the Maim(ed)fist Maniorx

Old League teams are also welcome, it doesn't have to be a team that played in the World Championship Series.
It just needs to meet the racial requirements.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruitment bump

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruitment update - both conferences have an even number of teams, so all applications will be taken and placed in pairs now (1 Mourkain and 1 Orclands). Greenskins or Fer'ners, you're all welcome.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

We're back up to 12 teams, 6 for each conference, and still looking for more. I will add teams in pairs as we get them to keep the conferences even though I can shift Ogre and Underworld teams where they are most needed.

The following races can apply: Orcs, Goblins, Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, and Vampires. You can bring an existing team or make a new one as you prefer. There are two conferences: Orclands (for the greenskins - Orcs and Goblins) and Mourkain (for the Fer'ners - Humans, Dwarves, Undead, Khemri, and Vampires). Underworld and Ogres are also welcome, and will be placed in whichever conference needs teams. We're currently split fairly evenly between NA and European time zones. This has no bearing on the conferences, though.

The two conferences play a regular season against the other teams within the conference, then there is a cross-conference KO tourney to determine the champion of the Badlands each season. Last season the top two teams from each conference went to the playoffs, but this could increase with a larger group. The rest of the teams play in the Goblin Swiss Consolation Tournament, which will be the same number of rounds as the playoffs (last season it was two rounds).

Rule options that will be in effect:
1) 100k per match to induce bribes
2) Fouling gets a +1 to AV self-assist if not hampered
3) Right Stuff counters Tackle skill on blocking actions
4) Sneaky Git skill gets player sent to KO box instead of banned
5) Claw does not stack with other skills (be aware - Mighty Blow will not work against AV7 for the armor roll if you have Claw)

You can apply here

p.s. check out the awards listing, there was a postseason winner Wink

- Cavetroll, Waaaghlord of the Maim(ed)fist Maniorx

Jump to: