19 coaches online • Server time: 06:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

First Simyin skill thread? Win! Very Happy

My Orangutan, appropriately named Doublet has rolled a double first skill. I wouldn't normally bother posting this, but as he's probably the first one I thought it might be interesting.

It's also the first skill on my team.

I was planning on Block or Accurate but hadn't decided which way to go with him. I could give him dodge, but then with Ma5 he's not a Runner. He's one of a few Av8 players and in my opener I did use him to fill in on the line once when a gorilla was missing.

I guess as a passer I'm not seeing a lot of use for the double, and passer is the only role he can really play as he's too slow to run the ball.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard

Or retire Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:35
FUMBBL Staff

Won't that go on all the Gorillas and the Silverback though? I mean I know it's be good right now, but long-term will that be his role?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll second guard. If you want a passer buy another Orangutan when you have the chance. While all teams can never have enough guard this strikes me as a team that particularly needs it. The lack of block means you really need to keep the dice in your favor as much as possible. Also he will be a guarder you know you can get block on in the future which you can't on your other strength players.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard all mens.

guard oh yes, then block-tackle.
Make him a spare blocker
Garion

Oragutan has no role. He is just a tv sink at the moment. But if you have one might as well give him guard. Ideally you want 9 guard on the pitch with your 2 chimp runners not having it.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think his role is a los chump(+av for 20k). Guard suits that really.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:02
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
Oragutan has no role.
JimmyFantastic wrote:
I think his role is a los chump(+av for 20k). Guard suits that really.

Well that's what I was trying to avoid him becoming. I agree that his role is... let's say limited. But I bought him to pass the ball. I think his speed is the only issue, and the lack of usefulness of throwing in general but I'm ignoring that Smile
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Well that's what I was trying to avoid him becoming. I agree that his role is... let's say limited. But I bought him to pass the ball. I think his speed is the only issue, and the lack of usefulness of throwing in general but I'm ignoring that Smile

If you are set on passing I would take guard on him and buy another orangutan with the money in your treasury. An extra guard will prove useful over time and I wouldn't want to ignore it.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

With a mainly ag3 av7 team, put me in the dodge camp. You have 5 players that get S access on regular rolls (I think!)
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. With av8 and Guard and later Block he can help in caging and cage breaking. And he could still be a ball handler down the road. Guard is a decent skill on a ball carrier if he is protected by other players with Guard. It helps keep his protection standing in a scrum.

Plus... you cannot just think long-term on a team build. You have to consider the short-term. If having a Guard NOW helps you win and tie games rather than tieing and losing games the team will develop better... you will enjoy it more and you will buy some time to skill lose Gorillas and the Silverback. I would imagine those players are at least as tough to skill as Black Orcs, Nurgle Warriors, Saurus', Flesh Golems etc.

If you want a dedicated passer get a 2nd Orang. You seem to have good luck when skilling them.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

They should be a bit easier to skill since the have MA 5 (faster than most of those other ST 4 players) and AG 3 when it comes to picking up/taking over the ball. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

They should just have MA6 out of the box, imo. Having a good passer on a team with extra arms everywhere should be fun. (on that note, all the gorillas should get diving catch for 2+ catching! =D

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't apes have another skill, "climb" - can leap if next to a tree.

Jump to: