37 coaches online • Server time: 11:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JamesFloyd

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryan has one of the best running backs in the league and rodgers is doing all this by himself. BTW the bears still suck!!

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2011 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, that Stark fellow didn't help beat the Eagles at all! More to the point, yes, Ryan had a healthy team, that's why they have top seed in the conference. If the Packers had been healthy all year, I think we all know they would have at LEAST won their division. Their defence is pretty awesome to, as the lack of Rodgers highlighted in the Patriots game.

That said, at home, my Falcons will beat them. On the off chance they don't, we can hope that Seattle beats the Bears and Baltimore comes out of the AFC, so the Packers can win the Superbowl only playing teams named after birds!

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

More to the point, the AFC is about ten times stronger than the NFC this season (as always), and one of the Ravens, Steelers, Jets or Patriots (probably the Patriots) will win the superbowl.

Stupid NFC. Cool
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

falcons vs pats in the super bowl...
falcons win..

--j

ImageImage
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
falcons vs pats in the super bowl...
falcons win..

--j

False. In this case, the Pats would (unfortunately) win.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pats are dominant but they won't be able to go through both the jets & stealers/ravens, and win the super bowl afterwards...

particularly with as lulzy as the NFC is this season, whoever wins the NFC championship(as long as it's not seattle) should be able to put up a fight, and if it's atlanta, they'll overrun the pats...

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pats sure "dominated" in their game against the Packers Back up QB, no.... wait..... And I know that my Falcons got Freebies against the Panthers, but 4 of New Englands wins were against Miami and Buffalo.

No team coached by Belichick is going to be bad, but the NFC is not where it was a few years ago. Whoever wins the Packers/Falcons game gets the Superbowl for sure.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2011 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

since nov 14th(the week after the cleveland debacle), the pats have scored no fewer than 31 points, and are outscoring opponents 38-16...four of those eight games were above the average, three of which were against playoff teams(pittsburgh 39-26, indy 31-28, green bay 31-27)....the other 4 were *well* below the average, two of which were against playoff teams(new york jets 45-3, chicago bears 36-7)...

i'd say that's pretty damned dominant...

but to be fair...new england did play against buffalo and miami, who were both pretty atrocious this season(sadly Sad ), not to mention cincinatti & detroit....but hey, didn't atrocious miami beat GB this year? :-p...
also a few of GB's lulzy opponents - detroit(twice), miami(loss, btw), washington(another loss), buffalo, san fran...and atlanta? arizona, san fran, cinci, seattle...carolina...

pinning a team's calibre on the few lulzy teams that they play, particularly since everyone gets their fair share of cakewalk matches, isn't really a good way to determine who's the top dog....

but regardless....i think we can both agree on packers/falcons, even though i'm leaning towards the latter...

oh..and btw.....you guys have the NFC west...so yes...you are still where you were a few years ago Wink

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2011 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there is no defence for the west, though the AFC did a weird flattening out this year in their west, over all better, but a drop from the top end.

I was writing quickly at work, but I think that there is this lazy assumption that if teams that have been good end up in the play-offs, they must be just as good as they have been.

Over-all, the AFC has lost a few steps from the assumed domination of the last half-decade or whatever. The Colts had a rough year (for them), Chargers and Broncos vaporized.

The Packers are the weirdest team because, though everyone has had health issues, they've had so many we really don't know what they are ultimately capable of. They scare me more than anyone else we might have to face. They also apparently have the best draft team in the league.....