47 coaches online • Server time: 14:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an idea!

Generally, coaches that choose to create a killer min maxed team probably aren't too worried about stuff like their Coach Ranking.

Could we add a penalty to the Coach Rating adjustment at the end of a match for each of Claw, piling on and mighty blow that a team has (and a bigger penalty for combinations of these)? That way people that care about their rating will be motivated to have ball playing friendly teams in the Box, while people that just like to, erm, kill, can still do so.

It will give reasons for normal coaches to activate in the Box again - you might destroy my team, but at least if I manage to beat or draw with your team, my coach rating will go up. It will also give people more incentive to take ball playing skills in the Box and to activate with teams that rely on them rather than PO MB Claw.

Lets make the Box a happy friendly place! What do you think?

Oscar Wilde
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not being an expert Grod, I would suggest that if such a thing were implemented then perhaps it would be better if it went the other way.

By this I mean a bonus to the team that is playing against them. In my opinion, some teams need some Claw to overcome other deficiencies and I am not sure it is fair to penalise coaches for having some variation of Claw in their lineup. Perhaps if you mean for any players on their lineup with the unholy trinity only then it might be a bit better rather than those with variations (guys with 2/3 of those skills for example).

An interesting idea, but in all honesty I can't say I love it. That is not to say it doesn't bear thinking about though.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey DrPoods, the coach ranking adjustment is a zero sum game I believe. What one coach goes up the other goes down. So you can think of it as a bonus to the opponent rather than penalty to coach of killer team if you like.

Oscar Wilde
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruleset = linear TV
Killstack = synergy bonus
Break is the system -> synergy value of claw+MB+PlilingOn
Solution No1: Remove the synergy
Solution No2: Cost this synergy in TV cost as well.
I don't see No2 happen anytime, ever. So if you want to lobby, then join a camp to lessen the synergy of these skills.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Chister won't bother to code extra parts to the CR formula. He has not time for that and I am pretty sure he would not support something which makes it more obsolete.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I have an idea!

Generally, coaches that choose to create a killer min maxed team probably aren't too worried about stuff like their Coach Ranking.

This is where you went wrong. Coaches who min/max DO care about their CR's or at least about winning a higher percentage of games than their skill at the game would normally allow.

What you're proposing is to put a penalty in place against ONE method of doing this, but not against the others (minmaxed zons are just as bad as smallman's team).

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not mandatory to play in box? Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

What you're proposing is to put a penalty in place against ONE method of doing this, but not against the others (minmaxed zons are just as bad as smallman's team).

My suggestion is really an alternative to Christer's proposals here, which is just about addressing the kill stack players.

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24395

Oscar Wilde
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer Christer's solution to your proposal. I am actually looking forward to the implementation of Christer's solution.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I have an idea!

Could we add a penalty to the Coach Rating adjustment at the end of a match for each of Claw, piling on and mighty blow that a team has (and a bigger penalty for combinations of these)? That way people that care about their rating will be motivated to have ball playing friendly teams in the Box, while people that just like to, erm, kill, can still do so.

It will give reasons for normal coaches to activate in the Box again - you might destroy my team, but at least if I manage to beat or draw with your team, my coach rating will go up. It will also give people more incentive to take ball playing skills in the Box and to activate with teams that rely on them rather than PO MB Claw.

Lets make the Box a happy friendly place! What do you think?

Dude, better idea:

Every 20 games played in box with a non clawpomb team you get a potion to heal. Or some such reward
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well give people more potions to ruin tournaments completely.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Unbelievable!

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Every 20 games played in box with a non clawpomb team you get a potion to heal. Or some such reward

Not a bad idea. Though it would need to 100 or 200.

The problem is it probably still wouldn't work. People could still just run their non CPOMB or abandoned race teams for 15-20 games then restart them.
That doesn't help us much as diversity among the young teams doesn't seem bad at all.

It is when you want your team to be long lived that you are better off going CPOMB.

I don't know how many people really care that much about CR. I suspect not enough to make any real difference.

Play the Box as you want to play it. You can't expect everyone to want to play it your way.

If you want the power to dictate how things work, you need to be in [L]eague. Twisted Evil

Edit: The original proposal doesn't do much about people who don't use CPOMB but are just plain depressing to play against. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Unbelievable!

+95912657252176598256
SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2014 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The best way to make box friendly is to play there and be friendly and nice to people.
Accept that players will die and dice will sometimes be nasty and unfair, but STAY nice and friendly.
Not saying its easy but there are harder challenges in life!

SL
 Jump to: