62 coaches online • Server time: 18:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
bghandras wrote:
My 1st impression is that this team feels like balling orcs.

I would guess this team plays nothing like orcs. Av 8 and 7, less S around, no G on the "bobs" (though dodge/bt on normals). It's probably going to play a lot more like a pact team where people try to it without clawpomb and use the crazy mutations and wacky plays instead (that's my guess anyway).

That is what I was thinking as well. I tried to make a mixed team with pact, but never got the +AG needed to make a really good passer.

Yeah, this team will require a lot of hand offs and passes, it can't afford to play a game of attrition with it's lack of armor, no starting block, and weird skill access.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the thrower on the team is very extreme kind of player. Does not start with any reliability - if I read correctly, then a pass is 3+ while rookie - and the speed is also low to be a realistic option as a runner. I would probably choose not to play with that player, and do handoffs instead.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The lack of general access on the gorilla's is really interesting, although I suspect it's going to be guard/mighty blow on most of them first. :/

Or Break Tackle Diving Catch... the ultimate 4ST catchers
Chance, do I smell you playing elves in poop-throwing clothing?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

cool Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think that the thrower on the team is very extreme kind of player. Does not start with any reliability - if I read correctly, then a pass is 3+ while rookie - and the speed is also low to be a realistic option as a runner. I would probably choose not to play with that player, and do handoffs instead.

Indeed. Chimps will be runners all day.
I imagine his only real use is a LOSer with +av for 20tv. Shame.
The rest of the team looks pretty decent and at least the useless big guy is cool.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again, if you do skill him up then he gets 2+ short passes or 3+ long passes (with RR). On a team where your basic dudes are mostly crap but all of them can catch the ball on 2+ that is something that would be useful. Still, the slow speed makes him seem a lot less useful than an ma 7 chimp that can get blodge.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a nice team skillwise, but apes seem very unfluffy in my BB world.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this mean other league-only teams may become available in the near future?
*cough* https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague *cough*
Garion

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

They seem to be keeping quiet on this point so lets hope so Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like lots of fun to me, Kipling leagues aplenty heading our way Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
Does this mean other league-only teams may become available in the near future?
*cough* https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague *cough*

No, this is a one off.................at the moment. Worth joining the league (if you can) to have a go though!!!
Roland

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:

http://thunderbowlcomics.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=39539668
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
happygrue wrote:
Here is what you all want to be looking at: https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=races&view=72

Thank you, that is a really interesting team. Smile

A mix of bashing AND able to easily handle the ball, this is something I have wanted to see for awhile now. It even has a decent thrower, since starting with strong arm means it can get the "Strong Arm/Pass/Accurate" combo without a single double.

The lack of general access on the gorilla's is really interesting, although I suspect it's going to be guard/mighty blow on most of them first. :/

1st let me say... This place is so awesome. Just when I thought I was maybe losing interest you guys start talking about actually adding some new rosters to the mix. This team looks awesome.

2nd... I would think Dodge and Break Tackle will be popular combos on the Gorilla too.
So many new combos to think about with STRENGTH 4 player with low Agility but Agility Skill access.
How about man marking a cage with a Gorilla with Side Step... slipping into the cage on your opponents turn... or drawing assists to that corner... or making him choose to not Block?
So many new strategies on their way for an established game. I love it.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:

There is basis for them. Not a lot, but it's there. I'd probably fluff them as apemen rather than apes. A strain of beastmen from Cathay/Nippon/Ind, perhaps in the service of a lesser Chaos power. But then I try to find excuses to make everything chaotic. It's doable without bringing Chaos into it though.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

Gorillas can also go Break Tackle/Dodge on normals. (But you'll never see a Frenzy Gorilla, Grab prevents that.)

(Could be wrong, but I think they're unique as +St positionals w/ SA access?)

5x Grab right out of the gate (altho' none w/ [G] access) will make for some interesting position exchanges.

bghandras wrote:
My 1st impression is that this team feels like balling orcs.

Well, Extra Arms all around means elf-quality agility for pickups and catches, which means the ball can change hands more reliably. (And the occasional surprise 5+ Int!) But no bonus on Dodging.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Indeed. Chimps will be runners all day.

MA 7 Chimps come with Wrestle, so unless they also take Block that leaves the MA 6 Line Apes as the ballcarriers. (But a Chimp can get Blodge on normals, which a Line Ape can't... possibly a mistake, but one we'll see.)

This is a well-designed team in that it will certainly be different in several ways. Well done!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %21, %2014 - %20:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: