40 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much have you donated to the new servARR? (see first post)
$5 (USD) or more.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
$10 or more.
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
$20 or more.
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
$50 or more.
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
$100 or more.
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
0 fracking dollars. And I want some pie. Also, I'm a bastard and I hate babies and/or puppies.
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, we can shift stuff around at some point. But it would not be good to be adding and subtracting teams all over the place. The idea behind the group is to encourage diversity. If zons continue to languish long enough, we could throw them into the mix. I doubt UW will ever be played "enough" to get axed. Until we're ahead of all the elves regularly (for a number of seasons) I think existing races are safe. Very Happy

But talk doesn't hurt. For now, it's staying as is. So far, few people are asking me to add zons. If that number increases to "lots" then we can talk about it more, but for now we're staying the course.

In fact, when starting the group we almost didn't include UW because the best UW teams are relatively cheesy min-maxers. But there was such a clear divide between the 8 least played races and the other 16 (by a whole order of magnitude) that we kept UW in the running.

I've been meaning to go over the stats in more detail and post some findings so that we can see this stuff more clearly, but that will happen a bit later this fall when my schedule clears up.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades!

Season V may be young but we already have our first SpintARR!

It is Xnoelx’s flings, AlphARR Flinght, that are currently leading the race with a 29 point sprint and have a chance to improve it having started 0/1/6.

With this sprint xnoelx becomes only the second coach to complete sprints with all ARR races! Maybe it’s time to have a badge for that, isn’t it?

Let’s have a quick look at his ARR sprints:

1. Conan’s Chaotic Creepers (Underworld), Season 1, 47 points - 10/1/5, 8th overall – 3rd Underworld
2. Masque of the HARRlequins (Elf), Season 2, 28 points – 2/6/8 , 23rd overall -2nd Elf
3. ARRdvancing GiARRnts (Ogre), Season 3, 32 points – 4/4/8, 18th overall - 2nd Ogres
4. Greenback BARRons (Slann), Season 3, 32 points – 5/1/10, 19th overall – 3rd Slann
5. Burnt by the Sun [ARR] (Vampire), Season 3, 31 points - 3/6/7, 23rd overall – 3rd Vampire
6. FuncrushARR Plus (Goblins), Season 3, 28 points - 2/6/8, 27th overall – 3rd Goblins
7. We ARR High (High Elf), Season 4, 29 points – 3/4/9, 16th overall – 3rd High Elf

The ARRgonauts are still warming up but these teams stand out so far:

In 2nd place we have okostomi’s Nuevo ricos (High Elf) having won 4 in a row.

In 3rd place one of the most successful Box Vampire teams, Tarabaralla’s Principi, who hadn’t seen any action since January, have returned and boy are they hungry for blood! They also have a 4 game winning streak

In 4th place Quiodam’s Croqu’ Mollets (Goblin) are on the hunt for the stunty top spot.

In 5th place we have the reigning ARR champions, cameronhawkins’ Lost Children of the Deep (Underworld), who want to defend their title.

The race is on!
duruk

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DISCLAIMER:
I do not claim that the match reported below was something special. I just enjoyed playing it against the odds. It is my first match report and it is not my native language. So yeah here it goes Smile

With a score of 1/0/5, things do not look as bright as they did last season for the team UndAAR Your Bed... It seems that the team reached the certain spot of TV where they (or the coach) can not operate adequately and most of the matches played this season the team lacked a key player.. The matches did not provide too much entertainment to the spectators also, with the last season's competitive team yielded too early and too many times against their opponents...

except for the last one... https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3590870 After the draw was made, the fans were expecting another match that they'd wish to forget soon.. however they were pleasantly surprised with the glimpses of competitive spirit the team set forth during the match.. the choices for using the two apothecaries were also interpreted as how much the team missed winning..
While the first apothecary was used as early as turn 2 in the first half on the badly hurt killer of the team, using the last apothecary only one turn later to bring The Clown back to life was faced with a shock among the fans, he was a goblin after all and there still was a band of killers to be faced for nearly a whole match duration.. Thankfully The Clown once again proved his worth with his well placed feet knocking two opponents out while the ref wasn't looking.

The first half ended 0-0 with the opponents receiving in the second half.. Through well contemplated defense and once again strategic fouls, at a point in the second half Team UndAAR Your Bed outnumbered their opponents by 1, with 6 of opponent's players KO'd and one BH. However that did not stop the opponents from scoring at the last turn.. In the end, the team lost another rookie thrower and couldn't prevent its 5th defeat in this season, but gave some hope to the fans that the team may actually complete the sprint once again...
okostomi

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope you guys also applied to the black cup with arr teams. It would be soo cool if the winner would not be a dwarf team this time...

ARR brings color to Box!
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have with my Underworld Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

*coughs* Woodies... *coughs*

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one duruk.
It is not uncommon to overcome a bad start on a sprint.
On the other hand, sometimes instead of pushing for the sprint it's better to try something different and return later or not at all Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades!

We may be in the middle of August but a couple of SprintARRs emerged this week!

Tmoila's 2 dodges 1 blitz (High Elf) completed their third ARR sprint (the other two in Seasons 2 and 4) and are currently leading the race with 38 points (6/4/6), 7 points clear of Tarabaralla's Principi who extended their winning streak to 6 games but have lost the last two and are currently second with 31 points in 11 games.

The other SprintARRs are Griffon31's Hear the Crunch - That's You (Ogre), 25 points 2/3/11, currently 4th place and still hoping for the top stunty spot.

In the tournament scene, 12 teams represent the ARR in the Black Cup (4 Gobbos, 3 Flings, 2 High Elf, 1 Slann – Vampire – Underworld) and we already had a major upset in round 1:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3591737
A dream game, all gobbo lovers should watch the replay Wink

In the FUMBBL B Minor HW VI, both DaCoach’s No Blood No Fun (Vampire) and Azure’s Epic Failures of Foresight (Halfling) made it to the quarter finals. The Vampires lost but the flings are still in it. Good luck!
okostomi

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ashamed to say our helves are out in first round, but check out the replay and then say we didnt try hard Smile

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3592682
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I watched it Sad
Nothing to be ashamed of, the wizard should be however Razz
Must make a run to win season V to redeem yourself...
okostomi

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep activating but not getting any matchups. So please throw in some teams so we can play Smile Who is coming to BBB this week? Shouldn't we do an ARR BBB again?
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, wish I could but I'm at work Sad

Ofc we are having a ARR BBB but next week is the month's last BBB. Hold your horses so we can have as many ARR teams Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know that you can change the language on Facebook to "English (Pirate)"?

Lots of ARRR in there. Very Happy

(Of course many don't like FB for good reason, but I felt like I should share this with the ARRgonauts anyway.)

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Greeting comARRades,

The season is well underway and the heat is on in the top spots.

SilverDarwin's Bloody Weasels (Elf) are top with a 46 point sprint - one point clear of okostomi's Nuevo ricos (High Elf) who have 15 games.

Griffon31's Ogres Hear the Crunch - That's You (Ogre) have improved their sprint and are now in the top stunty spot(and 4th overall) at 38 points (ties the ARR Ogre sprint record).

Good to have back Season 3 Champions, kingvan's New Vamps on the Blood who are 5th with 32 points in 12 games.

Will the pointy ears finally win one this Season?

ARR Brawl coming up this week, expect a call to ARRms soon Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffon31 is a baller for real
 Jump to: