42 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Loew

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

putting this up here first before I fill a bug report to see if others have the same problem or if it is just another strangeness of my computer.

Since about the time that Christer replaced Zara (one of the FUMBBL servers, see news), I get the following error. I'm not sure any more if the problem occurred before the update as well.

The error:
the game freezes on my client, but not on my opponents client. For me, if it happens in my opponents turn, it looks like my opponent is thinking about his next move, only when I try to type something, I don't see my text displayed (apparently it still appears on my opponents client). My opponent can finish his turn (or play until some input of me is required). If it happens in my turn, I can click on a player to get the actions menu, but can't select an action.
A restart of the client let me continue with my turn, or, if it was my opponents turn, let my continue at the state of the game that my opponent has created.

This always happens in the second half of the game, I think around turn 5, but if I remember correctly, it can happen anywhere between turn 2 and 7 of the second half.

it is at this time mostly an annoyance, I was always able to continue the game without any loss of actions after the reload.

to me, this behavior is new. Former crashes usually either crashed the client completely or, if it was something server related, affected both player.

so, anyone with the same problem? any idea what is going on? maybe oracle changed something in java again?

[edited for a better wording at "I was always able to continue.."]

Last edited by Loew on Aug 15, 2014 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Have the same problem (infrequently). Also new. Think it was before the Zara replacement, though.
Karnov

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
This always happens in the second half of the game, I think around turn 5, but if I remember correctly, it can happen anywhere between turn 2 and 7 of the second half.

Yep exactly the same - early/mid second half - has happened pretty much every game (but only once per game) since new server replacement (or java update that occurred around same time) - I jump out of game and back in everything is fine.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, +1 just for evidence.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had this at least once in every game but one since the new server, and some of my opponents have had it too. And usually there is no loss of actions, but I did lose one blitz.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

same
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Here as well.

Started for me after a Java update though.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure it's not the Java update, but the new server. One of the machines I play on hasn't had Java updated in many months and it still happens on that machine. This did start occurring directly after the new server, so all signs point to that. And it is pretty much happening to most everyone. Most of my matches has it happen either to me or to my opponent or to both of us (that last one happens about 30% of the time). It's a pain, but manageable and hopefully Christer figures something out on a fix for it.

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone experiencing lag through entire games?
I do...
fxiii

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

up for the freezes...

i used to have one every game (100% of games, usually after 30/40 minutes) but today i launched a game and i get a freeze after 10 seconds, then i launched the game maybe 7-8 times and it freezes after 5 seconds (so my opponent could move only three guys in half an hour)

i uninstall java; reboot and install java again ,but exactlt the same when we launched the client again...

anyone knows what i have to do guys ?(suicide is not an option^^)

thanks a lot !

F XIII
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 - me or my oppo, or both (one at a time, diff times), late in the game. Almost like clockwork, doesn't even make me blink anymore.

But it is getting old. :/

NOTE: When the client is running, Java size usually runs a little over 100k, maye around 120k or so. The one time I caught it when it crashed, it was over 200k! Not sure what that means, but it might be a clue to those who know more than myself.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, once a game in every game for me.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, once per game, around 45 mins in, give or take. Did start to happen right after last java update.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, happens to me mostly around the 4th or 5th turn in 2nd half.
when I notice something going wrong, I try to write something in the chat window - if it doesn't show up, I just reload the client.

DrDeath

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I've had exactly that problem, several times since the server switch. Awkward because you think your opponent is just thinking, the clock is ticking, then you reload and you're 2 minutes into your own turn!
 Jump to: