25 coaches online • Server time: 09:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems White Rock really likes those 3-1 scores Smile
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Laugh it up licker, we're on to you. The Reptile match makes two consecutive games vs. White Rock wherein Helmut Wulf has sucked balls and Inducement Cash for no return. Bouncin'more hereby calls for an official Grand Jury Inquiry into Wulf's finances, and any possible inpropriety involving White Rock's potential influence.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Time to pin those cheating Delf bastards to the wall!

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 2 Tamper Bay Baconeers 1

This was a crazy game, chock-full of excitement, turnovers, daring plays, casualties- and bad luck for coach Stimme!

Dallas received and made a steady score, choosing not to stall in case the ball got turned over. This gave Tampa some time, but things looked to have gone wrong when the ball was fumbled deep. Despite this, a rousing last-gasp play from Tampa saw Robin "Chilled" Baskin flung over the defenders for a beautiful touchdown! Half time, 1-1!

In the second half Tampa received but ran into some problems when a SWAT group of Skinks made their way behind the offensive line, bothering the ball carrying group. Eventually the play devolved into a large melee, with Dallas eventually coming out- despite immense pressure from Spark Barkskin, who was a menace all game long- and running the football deep into their own half to regroup.

From this point the Tampa players started to drop like flies- most notably the AG4 mega star Tony Roma, who was KILLED! With Tony gone, Tampa was just unable to prevent the Reptiles from scoring at the very end of regulation time to take this one 2-1.

So Dallas get their first win, at the expense of the very unfortunate Baconeers (who had to contend with numerous double 1s, skulls and more throughout)!

Said coach Hayati afterwards, "My opponent played a superior game, and yet lost in more ways than one. Such is the nature of this crazy game we play!"

Hayati

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Stimme on the Dallas game: "Just when I thought I was over it. Somebody hand me a tissue."

Hayati

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2014 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 1 Hong Kong Long Dongs 1

A game of two halves...with all the injuries going against Hong Kong in the opening drive and against Dallas thereafter!

As noted, the opening drive of the Long Dongs was severely disrupted as Dwarf after Dwarf was knocked out of the action (including an apothecary saving a death)! Despite this, some good play from coach Relezite almost saw the touchdown scored, only to be stopped at the last desperate hurdle by the Reptiles.

Come the second half, the Reptiles found themselves down 9 players to 11 and receiving. Using their superior speed they dallied from flank to flank, looking for an opening to exploit. Eventually they found it down the left flank. Next, a game crash caused coach Relezite to lose a crucial Blitz on the right wing defense. This proved vital as Michael "Fork Tongue" Irvin was able to make use of the lapse and sprint in for the opening score!

Following this, the Reptiles were down 8 players to 11- and that 8 soon began to diminish as "order" was restored by the Long Dongs on their second drive! The Long Dongs comfortably managed to score at the close of play for a 1-1 tie.

Overall, with the extremes of fortune flying around, this game could have ended up anywhere- but perhaps the draw was a fair result for the efforts put in by both sets of players.

Wink

OTS

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2014 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write ups!
Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 0 St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals 2

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3617460

Well, as a brief summary the Reptiles were well and truly hammered in this game, losing 9+ players per half!

Well done pal!

Smile

Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 0 Bouncin'more Batrachians 2

A game of two halves...in the first the Reptiles' stalwart defense very nearly prevented Bouncin'more from scoring on their opening drive- only to ultimately fail via a genius passing play from coach Sigmar1!

In the second half the Reptiles were easily stopped on their drive (coach Hayati blamed this on his poor strategy, not the Reptiles players) and another magical Bouncin'more play saw a leaping turnover, pass and touchdown!

Following this, a mundane error from the Reptiles gave Bouncin'more a chance to win 3-0, but they just couldn't make the conversion.

All in all, a solid win for Bouncin'more!

Palorrin

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a long time coming, but the Priest Kings are finally starting to regain some of the form of their introductory (and Superior Bowl run) season. In the three seasons between then and now there has been a deficiency in sheer brutality... something that has been corrected at last! Previously, the Priest Kings had averaged 40 to 46 casualties a season (even in the first season). This season things are different. At the half way mark, with seven games left to go, the Priest Kings lead the league with an astounding 39 casualties caused (averaging a little over 5.5 per game!), on pace to a possible total of 78! This would even beat the record of 72 set by Iskabis's Snarkville Smurfs in season VI! However, becoming casualty champion is by no means guaranteed... OTS's Butte Kickers are only 3 casualties behind and are eagerly chasing the Priest Kings.... The only other teams that are even close are Quaznar's R'lyeh Regulars (27 casualties, one game to play before half way, but also one forfeit) and Ziglyny's Winchester Wicked Wrongdoers (with 24 and also a game to play, trying to three-peet as Superior Bowl victor.)
roadtoad

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The scheduling gods gave the New York Rats and Necropolis Priest Kings a double-header, playing in weeks 7 and 8! Week 7, the division lead was on the line. Week 8, the Priest Kings get to benefit from all the casualties they caused in the previous Khemri-Skaven match and should be able to push that league-leading Casualty figure into the stratosphere!

Good bye, cruel world. It's been fun!
OTS

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...that's horrible luck. And completely hilarious. You guys pack extra armor because I want the cas title I was screwed out of last year.
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just glad that so far I'm getting one of the two spots for runners up in the New World Conference. And looks like the 4th round will be critical to achieve that, given that I'll face my most important contender for that spot: the New York Rats (so, yeah, go Necropolis! Very Happy ).

Also, interesting to note that some runner ups in the Auld Conference actually have more points that firsts seed of the OWC...
Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 1 Vancouver Rot-Nucks 2

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3622855

A cracking game, the main highlights being:

- The massive injury list for Dallas; despite having 3 apothecaries (none of whom could do a thing to heal the flood of injuries!)

#3 Terence "Thick Skull" Newman (Smashed Collar Bone (-ST))
#6 Rayfield "The Scales" Wright (Smashed Knee (NI))
#7 Robert "Outhouse" Newhouse (Broken Jaw (MNG))
#12 Daryl "Moose" Johnston (Pinched Nerve (MNG))
#13 Jim "The Jiggler" Jeffcoat (Dead (RIP))
#14 Bill "Beefeater" Bates (Fractured Skull (-AV))
#15 Bob "LilyPut" Lilly (Fractured Leg (MNG))

- A nice surprise touchdown for Skink Troy "T-Rex" Aikman following a mid-field gap created by a Wizard fireball that he exploited beautifully

Thanks to coach Khysanth for making the game in spite of time zone differences and a power cut!

Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, the lizanity!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure do miss all those cool weekly write-ups of all the matches, predictions, etc. that used to be the primary feature of the Weekly and hope they return soon.