52 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 2 Mordheim Miscreants 2

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3623614

A cracking game and a well-deserved draw for both coaches. Dallas wanted to tie up the Skaven with their Sauri and Kroxigor, whereas Mordheim wanted to tie up the Sauri and Kroxigor with their Goblins! This dynamic, as well as the Stunty skill, led to many exciting twists and turns throughout the game.

The most notable moment perhaps came in the form of Mordheim's second touchdown. With Dallas on the ball and surging down the left flank, a lone Goblin braved the Reptiles semi-cage and knocked down the ball carrier! Despite having Sidestep, the Skink involved couldn't prevent the football scattering out of play and then being thrown back into the mid-field. From there, a lone Goblin picked up the football, only to be completely surrounded by Reptiles! Yet despite this, Stunty once again came into play and allowed him to dodge out for the touchdown!

Both coaches were delighted that there were no serious injuries in the game. However, coach Hayati had to retire returning Sauri Terence "Thick Skull" Newman and Robert "Outhouse" Newhouse, both of whom permanently lost their strength due to injuries suffered previously.

Good luck to both teams in the NWFL!

Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 0 White Rock Midnight 3

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3626144

Coach Hayati had to be physically restrained after this game. His post-match interview was cut short after his opening tirade, which was deemed unsuitable for broadcast- "That %$@# AG5, +MA, Leaping, Side-Stepping, Blocking, Dodging swine! Even with 2 bribes we couldn't remove that %$@# bugger!"

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha. Your coach only begins to experience the loathing I have for White Rock.

They are the 49ers to my Seahawks.

(Or is it the Har Ganeth Corsairs? Either way, I hate them both!)

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2014 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 1 Green Back Smackers 1

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3628578

As coach Hayati noted, "We were thrilled to come out of this game with a point! Certainly it was not the anticipated outcome."

"In the first half we got off to an absolutely terrible start, and Green Bay scored very early on. I imagine they thought this would be an easy win and opted to push for more touchdowns. As it was, we managed to pull one back thanks to our Wizard, who cast a Lightning Bolt down the right flank to open up the defense for a retaliatory touchdown."

"In the second half we looked to move the football, but our superior opponents continually held the positional advantage. As a result we had to scurry this way and that just to avoid a turnover, with some very desperate defensive play deep in our own half, to run the clock down for the eventual 1-1 finish."

"In sum, it wasn't pretty, but it got the job done!"

roadtoad

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

New York Rats 1 - 1 B.Aires Tangueros

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3629006

In the first half, the Tangueros muffed the opening kick, giving the Rats a chance to harass them in their own end, but 7 casualties later (one by the crowd), and the pitch was clear. The Tangueros still needed to collect the ball, just making it in on a GFI on turn 8. Then, for the one-turn response by the Rats, they failed on the first die roll. But, something very important happened on that kick-off: the weather changed.

The first half ended with Sweltering Heat, which took out five of the remaining Tangueros and none of the Rats, making for a 5-on-6 game of Blood Bowl. The Rats shifted from their usual "score fast and score often" strategy into a brawling strategy. Ratt Snell scooped up the ball and watched from a safe distance while the four other best players on the team (Ratmin, Leahy, Ratko, and Rasmussein) leveraged Guard, Claw, and Mighty Blow into a sweep of the field.

Two pitch-clears in the game; one by each side! Snell then greedily took the TD for himself, instead of, you know, getting Ratko his next skill.

The Tangueros tried to manufacture a one-turner to pull out the victory, but ran short of men and settled for the bizarre draw!
Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2014 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 1 Tamper Bay Baconeers 0

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3630857

Coach Hayati decided to summarize this game, "This was another great match-up between the Stunties, and as usual coach Stimme's boys put in a great showing. It truly was premium entertainment all round and it is due to games such as this one that we'll be sad to say goodbye to the NWFL after the current season."

"In the first half the Baconeers received, but could get very little done due to a comical series of mishaps. There ensued a melee by the Baconeers goal line with Dallas pushing harder and harder for the turnover score. Excellent and cool defense by coach Stimme, however, prevented all the attempts and ensured the game remained level at the half time interval."

"In the second half Dallas were down a player, but managed to forge their way down the left flank after coach Stimme diverted an overwhelming amount of force to foul a Saurus on the far right flank! I need to remind him that it's the little guys who do all the work around here..."

"Anyhow, the Baconeers rallied back to defend but were unable to stop the rushing touchdown. Having said that, they did force it to come early, giving them ample time to retort."

"But...another kick off receipt, another series of mishaps for coach Stimme! Another melee developed and as the clock ticked down the Baconeers were unable to muster a serious scoring threat. The game thus ended 1-0 to the Reptiles."

"By the way, I'm sure the Baconeers have a pair of illegal twins on the team...I'm quite sure we'd injured Robin "Chilled" Baskin, only to see "him" show up again soon after!"

Palorrin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2014 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We mourn the passing of super star Ildereth-Hor, slain by dwarves in the first half against the Washington Generals. An original member of the Priest Kings, he was nearly cut following an injury inhibiting his mobility. However, Ildereth-Hor was deemed too valuable to let go, a view that was quickly affirmed as he became the most consistent anchor of the Priest-Kings' line. Fearsome on the pitch, he will be sorely missed.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2014 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<stifles rude comments out of consideration for decorum for the again-recently-deceased.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
roadtoad

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

New York Rats 3 - 2 Sacred Lentil Slimeballs

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3632221

The Rats started off another game by tactically withdrawing to the dugout over the course of the first half. After clearing the pitch, the Slimeballs scored on turn 8. Ratt Snell led four teammates out of the dugout for the ensuing kickoff and made it 1-1 before the half time whistle.

The Rats started the second half with the ball and still only five players. It was 2-1 before the Slimeballs could take a step. The Slimeballs worked the ball back down the field, killing original New York kicker Rat Leahy in the process (as well as the latest incarnation of Mark Ratsineau). The Rats could not effectively defend, but the Slimeballs scored with 3 turns to spare, perhaps hoping to get a victory.

It was not to be. Ratt Snell was unavailable for the final kickoff, but Curtis Ratmin took the ball most of the way down the field. When he was taken out along the sideline, the crowd helpfully chucked the ball to trailing lineman Randy Ratsmussein. Randy found himself flanked by Slimeballs, but he was able to put together a one-die pow, 4+ dodge, 4+ pickup, 3+ dodge, 2+ GFI turn to score the go-ahead TD.

The Slimeballs left Skitter Stab-Stab alone in the backfield in an effort to score in two turns. The ball went right to Stab-Stab, but as he was looking up to make the catch, a rock from the crowd took him out, fizzling the Slimeballs best chance to pull out a draw. Some goblin-throwing and goblin throwing ended unsuccessfully and the Rats took the win.

Both teams are likely eliminated from the playoff run at this point.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

roadtoad wrote:
Ratt Snell was unavailable for the final kickoff...

GR's can be such fickle divas. Rolling Eyes

Goblins had the game won when the pitch was cleared at the end of Turn 4 (and they knew they would go last, so no OTS) - apparently that just wasn't good enough? Razz

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Palorrin wrote:
We mourn the passing of super star Ildereth-Hor, slain by dwarves in the first half against the Washington Generals. An original member of the Priest Kings, he was nearly cut following an injury inhibiting his mobility. However, Ildereth-Hor was deemed too valuable to let go, a view that was quickly affirmed as he became the most consistent anchor of the Priest-Kings' line. Fearsome on the pitch, he will be sorely missed.

B.Aires Tangueros acknowledges the might of Ildereth-Hor, who injured our players five times at two separate matches. The argentinian institution won't miss him on the field, but sends its nod of feeling to its fellow coach Palorrin. May Ildereth rest in peace (again).
Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 1 Charleston Sharks 2

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3633141

From the scoreline this appears to have been a close game, in fact it was anything but!

In the first half Charleston stomped their way down-field removing players left, right and center before comfortably scoring in turn eight.

Come the second half, Dallas were seriously overmatched and struggled to get even a quick touchdown (and zero chance of stalling) thanks to Bob "Bobbie" Hayes having AG4 and scampering down the sideline and through two defenders.

After this, it was cue Charleston to stomp down-field once again for a leisurely 2-1 victory!

Congratulations to my old pal MrNomad (our first game was way back in 2008 as I recall) and good luck in the NWFL, as I won't see you there next season.

roadtoad

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

roadtoad wrote:
New York Rats 3 - 2 Sacred Lentil Slimeballs

Both teams are likely eliminated from the playoff run at this point.

Correction: The Rats seems to have snuck into the playoffs with a .500 record. After a 3-1-6 start, they went on a 3-1-0 run to finish the season 6-2-6.

Ratt Snell had 15 TDs on the season, down from the 17 he scored in his rookie season.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dallas Reptiles 2 North West Walking Brawls 0

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3638044

Both coaches were looking to say farewell to the NWFL in fine form via this "pride at stake" game.

In the snowy northern climate it was Dallas who performed better on the day. Although their Wizard made little impact, they managed to get multiple Diving Tacklers coupled with a Prehensile Tail on the ball carrier during the first drive. Combined with North West's inability to incapacitate the Skinks, this led to a turnover and opening score for Dallas.

In the second half Dallas again scored due their superior speed down the right flank. North West were unable to retort as the match came to a close at 2-0.

Said coach Hayati, "I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow coaches for a very entertaining season with the NWFL. It has been a pleasure playing each and every one of you and I wish you all the very best for the future."

Very Happy

OTS

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you enjoyed it Hayati. If situation changes and you want back in down the line let me know
 Jump to: