18 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as rankings go having to play the full 6 games makes a lot of sense. Otherwise a lot of coaches would struggle to have enough games for a worthwhile ranking.

If you are looking at a tournament as a one off then scheduling problems can make it a drag to have to continue to play games once you are "out of it".

A tournament season could be interesting. e.g. 4 or 5 swiss events a year with the top maybe 40 or 50 qualifying for a Grand final.
You could also have a 2nd division final for the next 40/50.

A big KO would be cool too. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hi chaps.

Thanks for the early thoughts. As people seem keen to talk, I will move the 'aftermath' thread forward a touch. Expect that to appear relatively soon. In terms of feedback, we'll be targeting specific areas (rather than going for an open ended free for all, always a bit tricky on an Internet forum), so I would ask that people wait just a little until that is all setup.

We're at Wednesday of the final round already, so those kickoff times should be becoming finalised. Get them locked in, and PM me with anything troublesome! Smile

Just to get that on the most recent page. Please hang fire whilst we get the round going properly. Wink
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 12:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Haha. Stop trying to curtail discussion! Resistance is futile! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never do any such thing. Merely requesting such good stuff pause while we're getting ready for it and are pushing the last round along. Wink

There has also been more than one case of a coach thinking the tournament has finished for them because we have a final. I'm keen that we don't talk too much too early as if the event is already concluded; it may contribute to coaches mistakenly missing games.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

There has also been more than one case of a coach thinking the tournament has finished for them because we have a final. I'm keen that we don't talk too much too early as if the event is already concluded; it may contribute to coaches mistakenly missing games.

Deleted my Blog, in case that causes confusion. Shocked
cedric19

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SO , my team did its job. They still refuse to bash the opps to the ground, but they had a perfect run. 6-0.... in the aftermath they will challange the winner of the toruney to go for the unofficial final of hearts Wink
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

/me tips his hat at cedric

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratz Cedric!

@Goo, I'm not so sure about the 'protecting the 0': I'd rather play 4/0/2 or 5/0/1 than 1/5/0 (but then I'm an elf coach; dorfs do ties more).

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

cedric19 wrote:
SO , my team did its job. They still refuse to bash the opps to the ground, but they had a perfect run. 6-0.... in the aftermath they will challange the winner of the toruney to go for the unofficial final of hearts Wink

If they go to overtime then you'll be the only "real" 6/0/0 coach. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, Cedric.

Come on be rest of you, let's be having you!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's two games against undead. Us 6, undead 0. Guess I don't have to spend the prime of my life skilling up zombies. This year.

I could've won this thing if I just got to face undead all the time, is what I'm saying.

(Or if I hadn't tried to give that damned ball to that damned ulf in game 4.)

Next time!

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, the final is on now. Watch here.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We have the game on a big, projected screen here. Fun stuff!
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
cedric19 wrote:

If they go to overtime then you'll be the only "real" 6/0/0 coach. Twisted Evil

Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done straume!
 Jump to: