44 coaches online • Server time: 15:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now is a busy time, there's been a lot of FC prepping going on, and we also have the Necromiser's Nightmare.

However on top of this the Beta version of the new client is in open test phase.

Right now only 9 games (yes just 9)have been completed in this division. This is simply not good enough and you all need to be putting in a stretch of work in this division.

If you are going to play games that are not part of a competition, play them in test division. If you don't and it gets released with untested bugs, this is your fault not the programmers.

You can find more information on this forum topic.

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=616674#616674

Here are the key points if you do not wish to read it.

Kalimar wrote:
The "wrong password" message will appear if you a new version of the client needs to be downloaded first (so the startup takes a while and shows a progress bar). This causes the token used by Fumbbl for authentication to time out. In this case simply close the client and start the game again. The second start will be much faster and the password check will be ok.

Garion wrote:
As you may have noticed there is a new item - https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1840

This is the next client release.

At the moment games can only be played with a game name and the teams must be created in the FFB test division.

So put your game names here if you are looking for a game.

If you find a bug, check the FFB Test section of the bug reports to see if it already exists before reporting it and also double check you have read the rules correctly. If you are unsure of whether you found a bug, post here and we will clear it up for you.

Kalimar wrote:
A grand total of 9 games have been played in FFB Test. I know you can do better! ...

I'd also be interested on how you judge stability and performance. If there are connectivity or lag issues, how it holds up with many spectators, etc. The whole communication layer has changed, so behaviour might be different in that respect.

Kalimar wrote:
Perhaps I need to explain the purpose of such a public Beta a bit better.

A multi-user client-server software like FFB is difficult to test in all its aspects. A lot of bugs appear only in very specific situations under stress. Several games running simultaneously, lots of spectating, some real load on the server. How is the performance then? How stable is it in this situation? Where is the limit?

Every strange behaviour we can find in the Beta, every bug that gets detected and fixed will make the transition to the "live" system smoother. Every server crash we get in Beta is one we can possibly prohibit from happening when the "real" divisions run on the system. We'll know what to look for...

To be able to say anything meaningful about the quality of the new code we'll need at least 100 games or so. The more the better. Even better with several games running in parallel.

It's in your hands, really... So do something about it!

Now, please for yourselves, DO something about it!

You can arrange and find out about arranging games here

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25656&highlight=

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %06, %2014 - %10:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who wants to play a game in the beta send me a PM anytime in the next few hours and I should be able to.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to play Box games there?

(It's its own division, no? So you mean–– make teams in this division and arrange matches, right?)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you can't play any games with teams currently in 1 of the 4 divisions.

So yes, its it's own division. You have to make teams specifically for this division (under Test Division, you'll see the option once you make a new team).

One of the benefits is that you can finally try out some Stunty teams in some cross CRP action!

There is no gamefinder so you need to use your initiative a little.
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We get "wrong PW" errors when we try to play a beta game. Mad

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting it here as well.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Will the teams get deleted once beta phase is completed and team names be available again?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably, however it's not really an important issue. As the teams will not be able to play in a main division, do not use a name you'll wish to use in the future as they most definitely 'temporary'.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Im willing and able. Come play me with my vamps, see if they have any bugs.

gn: huff

edit.. its saying "wrong password: and im trying to start a new game. this could be just me as i havnt played a password needed game in long time.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an IRC channel set up for the new division? Could be a way forward.. Will try tonight when im at home.

Oscar Wilde
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Do the team names and player names have to have creativity or can i make 1,2,3,4... ?
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've built a team to participate - but with low awareness of the actual bugs it might be best if I played vs others that had a better idea of what goes wrong. I'll be on IRC later on to arrange a game.

edit: I appear to have the same "wrong password" message when setting a game name message that huff is getting. I didn't have this the other day when I spec'ed a couple of games briefly. I was only able to spec one game at a time.

Last edited by Dunenzed on %b %06, %2014 - %05:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Do the team names and player names have to have creativity or can i make 1,2,3,4... ?

Does it say 'except in FFB Test division' anywhere on this page: https://fumbbl.com/help:TeamNames ?

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just tried to set up a game & got the "wrong password" message also...perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Anyhow, around for a few more hours if anyone wants to PM me to try a test game.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What bugs are important to test?
Does kalimar have a list which ones should be fixed in this version?
 Jump to: