44 coaches online • Server time: 00:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jan-Erik

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Make the matchmaking based on games played instead of team value, the current system only gives advantage to TV minmaxers and preys on rookie teams. I can't even remember the last time I played an actual rookie vs rookie matchup in the box, you'll always get matched into teams with mng players and 5+ skill making it a complete curbstomp against the rookie teams.

It would also solve the issue of teams with hundreds of matches played sitting in their favored TV spot beating on much less skilled teams, let's see your legendary ballcarrier and three guards face off against full stack of clawmb chaos.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Do agree here 100%.

Make teams with over 15 games play only themselves and if I recall right old box had even more protection for teams with less than 3 games?

Competitive should mean competitive for all and not just for new teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan-Erik wrote:

let's see your legendary ballcarrier and three guards face off against full stack of clawmb chaos.

Seems to be the match I played yesterday:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4469345
Razz
The Legendary ball carrier scored a 1TTD.

I'm favourable to extra pairing protection, I don't like TV gaps.
I'd like a max TV gap of 149 TV. That way I wouldn't have to face underpriced Wizards.
I don't think it will happen, so we have to patiently wait for the Season Re-Draft.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

"Cool story bro"

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If not enough people are starting new teams, brand new coaches may struggle to find a match at all if the rookie protection is too strict.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder if the BBT tournament reflects this?

There are more rookie teams around in the early part of the 120 days, so you get easier draws?

Do we see more high point runs early? OR is that the case anyway because most people will pick their best 4 early anyway
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have many times said that easy (I presume its not hard to implement ?) solution to do before redraft comes, would be to pair teams with over 15 games with eachother.

Win/win for all. You could still play old farmed teams, just wouldnt ruin other players fun.

Its not fun neither competitive to get big difference in games played.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2023 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think redraft will mitigate a lot this "problem". As far as I'm concerned until it's not there I avoid activating teams with more than 15 games in Box because as I said once before at equal TV if you play against a team with 300 games (which presumably will have among its ranks 1 or 2 minmax statfreak) winning is very difficult unless the dice tells you right. After 15 games I try to play these teams mainly in Tournaments (there are lots of them on Fumbbl for all tastes: PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENTS folks! Minor, Major... low TV , high TV... the ones you want. i recommend it!)

By the way, I don't even know if this 15-game TV limit thing still applies because the only link to the scheduler information I could find is this https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=522 which--I'm told--is outdated.

I think it would be useful to know how the scheduler algorithm works today (at least I'm curious about it)
 Jump to: