63 coaches online • Server time: 23:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the best?
Rocky
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Rocky 3
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Rocky 4
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
First Blood
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
First Blood Part 2: Rambo
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Rambo
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 70

Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh also, if people have ideas for any of the races, post them here and I will see what I can do Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the Pirate Ship pitch, but I think a better pitch for human teams would be a in a stadium. Maybe the Pirate Ship could be for a different race?
GreenWolf

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
how about that khemri pitch? what happened to those?
and all the other pitches that could be set in FFB test division for a while?
(yes I saw you tested most of them Garion! Wink)

Yes, Khemri should have one. Because the theme is obvious and awesome Smile I can't see these pictures but i believe this is a great work Smile
GreenWolf

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirete ship for everyone! If not human, maybe undead? Ghost ship or something Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
I really like the Pirate Ship pitch, but I think a better pitch for human teams would be a in a stadium. Maybe the Pirate Ship could be for a different race?

I'm not fussed who its for really. The reason I went with pirate for human is there are a few pirate teams in blood bowl that were human, and in the version of the game called All Aboard it mostly talks about humans playing the game. But really, its just a pirate ship and it doesn't matter which team you want the pitch to be for. It could easily be for norse too.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Badlands pitch?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to see the Khemri pitches google angelux blood bowl pitches. The first 4 pitches should be his Khemri pitch (valley of the tombs).
SerenadeOfSorrow

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

if he dies he dies.....
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 20:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ideas for pitches: I'd love to see a goblin one strewn with bomb pock marks and saw gashes. Also a Halfling one that's uneven (hilly)!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarven one inside a mountain or on top of a mountain would be pretty sweet.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, just saw the Box pitch for the first time! Love it! Reminds me of HeroQuest...

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Ooh, just saw the Box pitch for the first time! Love it! Reminds me of HeroQuest...

it should remind you of the 2nd edition Blood Bowl pitch really Wink google it.

also the FC is starting now if you want to see that pitch, though its not the most interesting. Just a nice professional well maintained pitch.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a slight modification request: please mark the middle of the halfes! It is great for initial positioning and to find where to kick the ball (se the EuroBowl pitches there is always a bone-skull-something there).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thumbs up for the Blackbox and FC pitches here. I think they're perhaps a touch dark (wonder how rain will effect that), but I'll see after I've lived with it for a while.

On the newcomer front: Yep, I get that it's for competitions. But new coaches blindly enter tournaments too. Dunno. I got confused the other day with the new Frogs, so apparently even perpetual n00bs like me can get confused by the seemingly simple. Wink

I've played on some right ropey TT pitches in my time; eventually your eyes glaze over and you forget the horrid backgrounds. If I've an issue, I'm sure the same will be true here.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

there is an option in the client to use the default pitch if in the future you are playing on a pitch that disagrees with you. There is also an option to switch to basic. Which is just a green rectangle with dots, for the really grumpy out there Razz

That said do give the new pitches a chance, as I suspect its more just what you are used to. For me personally I find the FC really easy on the eyes. But each to there own Smile

oh and did you think the Box pitch was dark too, or just the FC?

Last edited by Garion on %b %27, %2014 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: