28 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Im offended that my Elves have been branded Min Maxers... they are in fact LRB 4.0 Elves playing their first game in CRP. They started off in fringe and have only been used in quick little league tournaments since (where they have been brutalised in OT and otherwise)

Proud Member of the SWL
polemarch

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Was I suggesting that they were designed as Mix Maxers or just commenting on that is how they have ended up.

Anyway I am sure that they will perform far to well so long as the avoid the dung on the the pitch.

Also it is good to see some only LRB4 teams back out for a run in CRP.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE!

5 of 7 games played to date and they have all be crackers.
2 games decided in Over-Time with another which should have but the organiser stuffed up Embarassed
2 have been one sided affairs

Some amazing stats so far.
    The Skye Krushers threw an extraordinary 85 blocks to the Tribute's 25. Coach JoeKano was heard asking NUFFLE where his team could ever break the armour of May Be a Price to Pay at least twice. The Krushers are reputed to be devastated after the Tribute snuck into OT with a turn 16 TD with some greasy shoes in play and then stole the most unlikely of TD's to win. Sure hands is pretty bloody useless against Pow Pow/Push on -2D6 blocks Laughing

In a 3-3 draw Elvander passed the ball like it was a hot potato amassing 7 completions for only 20 yards, but delivering 65 rushing yards and 3 Touchdowns for 23 SPP. All the passing wasn't perfect with the REALLY High Elves, Speedballing snatching the only intercept to date.

The lowest block count so far is with the Easybeat Scramblers with 19 and may set new records for a Wood Elf team which refuses to pass. Great things are expected from Hakawarrior and his rookie team, will some stars come out to play in the next round? Jevouse's luck with Ook Ook continues to be something of a running joke Razz

The Blackwater Blitz look set to have the lowest block to CAS with 1 every 10.33 in a combined 7 CAS bloodbath (WIN) against Redgum's Reptiles, but

Pjj's apprehension on the transition from LRB4 to CRP for Remember Failure was well founded with the Yang Gang dismembering both Rotters and Warriors at will. Pjj should be proud of his team's propensity to use the boot with 5 fouls. Alas it was desperation with the Failure failing to keep players on the pitch. Yang Gang caused a CAS with every 9.8 blocks, resulting in two deaths and some nasty injuries. Karnov's toying with Pjj was reminiscent of a killer whale playing with a fur seal, un-necessarily cruel but fascinating to watch Exclamation

Hngri-Hngri Lizzies totally demolished the Cathay Bush Cobras with a 3 Nil romp and a positive CAS difference making them the most successful team in Round 1.

Unfortunately Paradocks' Udu Widowmakers pulled out at the last minute having lost all their snots in cow pats on the way to the game Shocked. So despite this giving the Flingers of Filth a win, they have left in disgust and decided that it was more fun to be the team of choice for new SWL entrants Trial of Blood games.

Stay tuned for detailed ROUND ONE stats, the draw for Round Two and more seriously inaccurate predictions

Last edited by polemarch on %b %09, %2015 - %06:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Errr things look funny... whats the deal?

Proud Member of the SWL
polemarch

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry they looked really funny since paradocks pulled out and we couldn't get a new team in time.

However with assistance from Chavo (coaching via IRC) I think we have everything right again.

Due to paradock's forfeiting FUMMBL scheduled Chavo to play Chavo (Blitz v Flingers based on its ranking system), and therefore Chavo has requested that the Flingers are exited from the draw. This brings us back to 12 teams, but unfortunately FUMBBL will not let me redraw round 2. Sad

So I have replaced the two exiting teams with two of mine for the time being. I am happy to play the treemates against Jevouse (because it means nothing) but I would prefer to find an alternative team to play Chavo. So if someone has something or knows of a guest player able to give him a seriously good game let me know, otherwise it will be a forfeit win to the Blitz.

This stuffs up round 2 a little but by rejigging the scores before the last game (the things we learn) round 3 should be back on track.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I might consider bringing echoes to play.. despite chavos clawpombing and his penchant to get touchstone killed... but Im thinking of using the healing potion. What are the ramifications per se. The team has occasionally been a filler in swl. Im assuming that's no go while touchstone is on the team if I heal him

Proud Member of the SWL
polemarch

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on what Tomay wrote in this thread about potions being OK out of the SWL league proper I don't think using the potion will be any issue since the team is retired.

Chavo healed Disco.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably wont have time for 2 games....

Proud Member of the SWL
Redgum

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play Chavo with my dwarfs Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Realistically though, Chavo can choose any of my L teams (other than Rodents) and I'll try and provide a match for the Blitz.
Maybe my Orcly Raiders? Or a mirror match against the Freaks? My winless (and hairless) humies?

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orcly Raiders look like a good option so have been duly invited.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Top Players from Round One
Completions - 4 - Garret (Elvander)
Touchdowns - 2 - Draken-Korin (Elvander) & Bob (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies)
Interceptions - 1 - Sanka Orle'an (REALLY High Elves, Speedballin)
Casualties - 2 - naca'Tamalli (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies), Big Pappa Tail (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies), Primordius Jnr (Redgum's Reptiles), Baron Slaughter (Yang Gang ) & High Stakes Lockwood (Blackwater Blitz)
Star Player Points - 10 - Bash 'Um II (Skye Krushars) & Freddy Van Bam (Yang Gang )
Passing - 17 - Garret (Elvander)
Rushing - 32 - Ace "U cant see me" O'Spades (Easybeat Scramblers)
Blocks - 13 - totoL-hnaKatl (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies) & Mash 'Um II (Skye Krushars)
Fouls - 3 - Ill Omen (Remember Failure)
polemarch

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

3 games so far into Round Two of the Waikikamukau Cup and all three lowest ranked games have been completed.

Redgum's Reptiles showed some definite class against the REALLY High Elves, Speedballin with a 2 Nil win, the Reptiles Tiliqua III strolling over for a deuce despite the ball being knocked free frequently in the 1st half. Controversy at the beginning of the game with the Speedballin, refusing the buy cards and instead electing to siphon the money towards purchase of 2 apothecaries! 3 Apothecaries servicing one team, really guys you only needed 1 Rolling Eyes

Remember Failure downed the Cathay Bush Cobras 1 Nil. Disappointed in the Failure's poor showing in the 1st Round, the fans (FF 17 what a LRB hangover bloat Razz ) started a riot which could have put some of the Cobra's players off their game. Motor Skills proved that lying down on the job was not a good place to be as he sunk the boot in 3 times for 2 badly hurts and a Niggling injury on Nefara Baduhl. With money freely changing hands after the first rucking, the referee decided enough was enough and banned Motor Skills from the game on turn 5. However the damage was done and with the death of Tyr and an injury to Gib Rooney, the Cobras were outmanned and out gunned with Dissary sealing the Failure's win with a 2nd half TD. In the excitement of being back home after one and a half years, coach Balle2000 was obviously having difficulty in remembering the lingo and forgot to read the flyer from the Wizarding Guild advertising their lucky dip into their deck of magic and dirty tricks. Would they have made a difference? Who knows, coach Pjj decided that given his teams dominance there was no need to use his Confused

In the other game played, the Ook Ook dominated the Treemates 90s Class displaying a total disregard for the luscious ladies finer points and delivering 5 TD to Nil. Persuaded to take the field at the last minute after some last minute stunty teams withdrawing the Treemates were under prepared and where not getting the type of service they were used to when lying down. Suffering 3 serious injuries and the girls decided that the KO box was the safer place to be as they watched the Ook Ook act like real chumps as they sank the boot in 8 times. After the game Mahalia Maria and Tara Jackson commented that whilst they normally appreciated those extra arms climbing and swinging through their foliage, they hoped those apes (especially Hollerer and Chestbeater) had lots of splinters Laughing

Stay tuned for further updates as the top half of the draw head to the field over the coming days.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2015 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Top Players at the end of Round Two

At the end of Round Two we are starting to see some players take an early lead in the games key performance categories.
Garret from Elvander has had a couple of good games making him the current MVP and heading the completion tables. Nothing fancy about the passing though with lots of short stuff meaning that Alysandra Moriah from the (REALLY High Elves, Speedballin is way out front for the number of passing yards. Whilst way behind on turns played, Motor Skills from the Remember Failure has put in a solid performance with the boot to have the dubious honour to be the most foul player!

Completions - 6 - Garret (Elvander)
Touchdowns - 4 - Bob (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies)
Interceptions - 1 - Sanka Orle'an (REALLY High Elves, Speedballin)
Casualties - 3 - Shadow of a Lonely Man (Tribute to Alan Parsons) & naca'Tamalli (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies),
Star Player Points - 14 - Garret (Elvander)
Passing - 22 - Alysandra Moriah (REALLY High Elves, Speedballin)
Rushing - 57 - Bob (Hngri-Hngri Lizzies)
Blocks - 23 - Euprepio Jnr (Redgum's Reptiles)
Fouls - 5 -Motor Skills (Remember Failure)
polemarch

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2015 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The final three games of Round Two of the Waikikamukau Cup have been completed with the Blackwater Blitz moving through on a forfeit.

Elvander showed how pro elves can run rings around orcs, defeating the Skye Krushars 2-1 in a decidedly one sided game. Elvandar could have score 4 possibly 5 TDs but decided that in such high pressure stakes, they would turn the screws on the Krushers and stall and stall, lose the ball, regain, stall and stall again and ... Oh it is turn 8 we had better score and it requires a dodge with no RR. the Krusher's coach was questioning the sanity of Nuffle, pointing out that even the simplest things were going wrong and after the surprise lose against the Tribute was having to hide all sharp objects in the locker room.

In the mismatch of the tournament so far, despite almost 1,000,000 in gold from the sponsors, the Easybeat Scramblers were cracked, beaten and scrambled on the way to the Tribute to Alan Parsons making a wood elf omelette with a 3 TDs to 1 win. Crappy cards, an Apothecary with a severe dose of the shakes and a Wizard with the worst aim in the Pacific were the least of the Scramblers problems as the perennial SWL easybeats also managed to beat someone else up for a change. With 11 blocks for the game Shadow of a Lonely Man put 3 Scramblers in surgery and put a hole new meaning to the crowd's favourite chant Boing Boing Splat, with the whole crowd getting behind him. Tough love for coach Hakkawarrior as his coaching ability is far greater than his team's current skill level.

The final game of the round should have been a cracker with the killer team of the first round up against the TD scoring machine. The game got of to a blast with the Yang Gang's wizard placing a bolt of lightening with precision and forcing an early turnover. However it was all down hill from there for the Gang with the Hngri-Hngri Lizzies putting on 3 TDs to Nil and Wam Bamming Freddy Van Bam (the Gang's star kicker) for good, may he rest in peace. Coach Luohghcra was unavailable of comment, already planning the playbook for the next round. Coach Karnov did mutter a comment for the record, "well, it was a tight (first) half, punctuated with moments of stupidity towards the end of the half. Our players started off spectacularly bad and it only got worse in the second".
 Jump to: