15 coaches online • Server time: 05:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Calcium wrote:
My premier ranked Human team Booty Pirate sail into the next round of their qualifying group with a nice Victory against a tough band of dwarfs....A special shout out to my rookie Ogre Irene 'Cannonball' McRoidy who invoked the sacred and most holy power of KRIKACK and sent a dorf to Davy Jones' Locker!

gratz

**it still shows you both scheduled against each other

Yeah, sent a PM to Azure, hopefully he will sort it out.

Play it again.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
My premier ranked Human team Booty Pirate sail into the next round of their qualifying group with a nice Victory against a tough band of dwarfs....A special shout out to my rookie Ogre Irene 'Cannonball' McRoidy who invoked the sacred and most holy power of KRIKACK and sent a dorf to Davy Jones' Locker!

Oooh nice one! Will be a buff rowdy match up if you beat Morg, Gandalf and some elfs!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Mad Screamers will be playing their first WO match against Cyrus-Havoc's Chess Players in about half an hour! (just after 18:30 server time)

Want to see some uberelves get slaughtered on the pitch as they try to grasp the win? Then join us!

We'll bring the blood (ours), you bring the /stomps!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Programming Note for the WarpStone Open

Milford/PainState will be taking a break this major and will not be giving you the fluff and insight that I know all of you want and desire.

Most of you are unaware of what is going on with me in real life.

My former employer closed the store I was working in, worked for them for 14 years. I work in the swimming pool retail side of things.

Well when I heard the news I decided to make the big move.

I collected as much money as I could and Iam now opening my own Swimming Pool store in the exact same location.

As you can imagine my life right now is very hectic. My checklist of things to be done to open the store is now up to 287 bullet points. I have around 190 of them done.

So that means the vast majority of all my free time is GONE!!!!!

The store will be open on Feb. 1 and then maybe, just maybe my life will once again balance out again albeit with more concerns and worries that when I was just a ho hum worker drone with no cares in the world.

What does this all mean? Well somebody will have to step up for the Warpstone Open and give it a shot to keep the masses informed of what is going on in the Warpstone Open.

I will leave you all with this.

Milfords back page editorial

We are only 3 days into the Warpstone Open and all ready the cries of injustice can be heard from the fans.

CPOMB rules the day in the Warpstone Open!!! Were did they all come from? Do they live like roaches in the shadows and only show up with a major roles around?

Ok, I have had enough of this clap trap. Grow a pair of balls and beat down the CPOMB horde and stop bitching and moaning. Oh, woes in me!!! Yeah, right. Stop cowering in fear and start using that FOUL button until it breaks!! Do not back down from the fight and take it to them!!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1st round played and....through the exit door again. mmmmmm.

My orcs played a bunch of humans that were more orcish than my orcs. 3 Blitzers + 1 thrower + 1 lino with +ST! And all 5 full equipped: Block + Guard + Tackle + mb.

This human team has a really nice build up: plenty Guard and Tackle, 5 x ST4 players including the ball carrier (who has sure hands, pass and kick off return to round him up). Stand firm, strip ball, Frenzy or kick off return skills in key players to make it nicer.
If nuffle respect this team a bit they can go far. Wink
Good luck mate.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Luck Milfords real life. If you ever get some interwebshop going, don't be shy to PM me the adress.

Also: I lucked alit in my first game. Played quite badly with positions, but nuffie helped me save the day! And my blodging ag4 two header...
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimsby squeek through to the next round of the qualifier after a close fought contest with sinrises orcs. First half was a fairly comfortable drive until Grimsby forgot to cover the ball and went into 'hit all menz' mode, this left a blitz on the BC which ended with me needing a dodge and a GFI to score on turn 8, snaked the gfi........

Second half and Grimsby had everything to do with the orcs recieving. Initially aimed for a shallow kick but ended up kicking it deep instead and managed a shot on the orc ball carrier fairly early on but didnt knock him down. The pressure was on and Grimsby got another shot on the ball (albeit 1 dice) this time with the strip ball lino who did his job admirably popping the ball free, after this there was a scrap as both teams vied for possession of the ball, Stand firm made it difficult for the orcs to get to the ball and eventually Grimsby bashed themselves free and carried the ball to the TD line to win 1-0.

My Namesake blitzer (and the least remarkable) got MVP and skilled so Grimsby now have a dedicated killer to add to all the strength and guard. I have to thank sonrises for a great first round game and Grimsby are now looking forward to a tricky second round qualifier against some delves with a freak Witch (though not sure if my team can say anything about freaks).
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Grimsby! \o/

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Agility Monsters and their crazed fans versus Veni Vidi Vermini and some inducements starting...

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

...and the Monsters win 1-0. Dice were really uneven, but that's basically how the Monsters win at all, so...

Thanks for the match, WhatBall, and thanks for getting up early to make it happen! We'll of course respect you wish and try to win our qualifier! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Ok, I have had enough of this clap trap. Grow a pair of balls and beat down the CPOMB horde and stop bitching and moaning. Oh, woes in me!!! Yeah, right. Stop cowering in fear and start using that FOUL button until it breaks!! Do not back down from the fight and take it to them!!

Red Corsair did as requested

After a bumpy start with 2 blitzers gone and my Ogre getting badly hurt on a -2d block against him, Earl of Earl finally got punished for his greedy bashing and caused a turnover to bring the Humans back into the game. With some luck and a good bounce the humans could break, and somehow still seal the deal after a crucial turnover in my own drive. Well worth to watch the replay!

#stickittotheclawpomb
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Quote:

Red Corsair did as requested

After a bumpy start with 2 blitzers gone and my Ogre getting badly hurt on a -2d block against him, Earl of Earl finally got punished for his greedy bashing and caused a turnover to bring the Humans back into the game. With some luck and a good bounce the humans could break, and somehow still seal the deal after a crucial turnover in my own drive. Well worth to watch the replay!

#stickittotheclawpomb

This was an awesome game to spectate.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck with the shop, PainState! There is only one Milford but maybe Stonetroll can do some more of his expert interviews? I quite liked the one before the FC final. I might have dusted off Blasensky's Blog but I'm much in the same place as you are, starting a new job 1 Feb, where I have to organize a lot of things beforehand myself, and also have to properly hand over my old job, and my younger daughter just turned 8 months, and on top of everything else my wife talked me into using the one week of leave I have in between the two jobs for going to Denmark with the family... in short, I'm out! #firstworldproblems
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate Cowhead as commentator!

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open X Qualifier XII

Gbangoos Necromantic TV 2340k Jokaero vs Minervino Bandits Dark Elf TV 1020k darkjul

TOP25 #1 coach of 2514 makes its debut in the Warpstone Open X.
Gbangoos First and so far only Necromantic team to win a major. Grotty Little Tournament X (8-0)

Playing Now

Last edited by sonrises on %b %21, %2015 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: