22 coaches online • Server time: 08:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Draw is made. Finalists are
1. Green is new purple hupap 2210k Lizardman
2. Aestus in Lectulo Tantibus 2100k Nurgle
3. Brutal Cherrypickers JimmyFantastic 1950k Dwarf
4. Uusiverikulho Stonetroll 2380k Nurgle
5. Lh'alvas Lightning MrPeng 1730k Elf
6. Necromantikal Screams cdassak 1980k Necromantic
7. Bats N' [R]ats Superlynx 1600k Skaven
8. Terrordactyls skeggiemckill 1990k Lizardman
9. Boring Delves the_Sage 2150k Dark Elf
10. Bluwood Blue Tits The_Murker 1720k Human
11. Tercera Dinastía GronxWild 1780k Undead
12. Cryptic Apocalypse cowhead 2040k Khemri
13. Drakensberg Raiders cedric19 2180k Necromantic
14. Colourful Characters Malmir 2150k Chaos Dwarf
15. Crossdressers Dhaktokh 1950k Amazon
16. That Stinks! Cloggy 2110k Nurgle

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I got third worst opponent for my dressers. I predict I will loose to Stonetroll´s evil foul beasts. ;-D
But - and but - I only want to win that game, to get another top 8 appearance, then I can loose to anything. So nuffle, be kind to your girls!!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh who were the worst matchups for the Crossdressers?

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

That must be either your good self or Malmir I think.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I got Malmir, lucky me...

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open X Main Tourney - 1/16 final.

Okay...
Crossdressers went out in the first two turns vs Stonetroll´s nurgle. I am completely honest when I say it was one of the absolutely worst starts of a game for me on fumbbl ever. 1412 games played. I received, Perfect D for nurgle, same as the FC Final btw, and NOTHING worked for the girls. I had 5 or 6 players left after 2 turns. Amazing. I laughed out loud so many times during the game. I left my girls in the grass from turn 4 or 5 waiting for the fouls, as the most safe option. I had 3 girls left on the pitch in turn 5 I think. I think I had one girl on the pitch in turn 8.

Still I had a full team for 2nd half, and tried to stop the nurglings drive. But it didn't work. The girls were awful throughout almost all of the game. Lypsinka did one cas. That was all we managed. So I gave up and did silly plays. Which never works. The whole way.

Grats Stonetroll, you sure held me tight throughout the game. Unfortunately it wasn't a hug you wanted. ;-D

Crossdressers failed on the goalline (read: a win here was what they required) in getting to their 6th top-8 appearance in majors. Now we are after UI, and the goal is to get to a top 8 there. If we do, then we have had a top-8 in all majors! Now that is a goal girls!

Last edited by Dhaktokh on %b %13, %2015 - %10:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

First game of the Warpstone Open X has been played, and oh boy it was a blast! The end score doesn't really reflect how it actually went. Without spoiling too much, the first half was allegedly the "worst start in over 1400 games" for Dhaktokh as the Dressers were decimated on their own drive. Everything went all Nurgle all the way until turn 14, where after mentally giving up the zons proceed to succeed in a multi-dodge through tentacles to -2d doublepow the st4 carrier. Further silly play by me let them take a 1/6 chance for a possible score, but unsurprisingly the dice turned up a 1, and nurgle just swamped the ball and t16 fouled to prevent any more miracle plays.

Thanks to Dhaktokh for for taking it like a sport, and even keeping up the salty and entertaining chat all the way. Crossdressers are denied a win again by tentacles, maybe there is a pattern here...
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, the salty chat. I love that description.

I was a bit more balanced in my own game report saying it was one of the worst starts, but I seriously can't remember anything like this. And remember, boys and girls, kills and similar stuff are of no interest here. It was all about winning the game, no matter the cost. 1/16 games for Crossdressers are like finals. I would had applauded 5 kills as long as I would had won. Since top 8 appearances are our thing! ;-D
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Ooh who were the worst matchups for the Crossdressers?

As cloggy wrote, dorfs and cds are the worst for me on paper. But the dressers do have 8/0/0 vs dorfs throughout history and have lost twice in a row vs tent-nurgles... and since you Jimmy coach the dorfs.... ;-D
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah lol. I forgot about the CDs tbh, I was thinking the Nurgz were the worst you could get.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe, one could think so. But we are girls and don't forget our arch-enemies (read: small, fat, bearded men-ish creatures) who work so hard in their mines, practicing hitting female slaves. We just haven't found the cure for the nurgle-disease these months, but soon the immunity will reach us. ;-D
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With my own game played and Painstate too busy to write these things, I'll take a crack at predictions the rest of the games in round 1 of WO.

First up is Brutal Cherrypickers vs That Stinks!

Here the Pickers draw out the least violent of the three nurgle teams, but thats not saying much since they are still sporting all 3 killstack skills, just not on the same player. Nice spread of tentacles, DT and blodge standfirm players coupled with good coaching from Cloggy means its still a very tough match for the short bearded men. On the other side the Cherrypickers are coming in ready to lay down the piles, while their illegally acquired elf-runner lurks for any opportunities made by the almost mandatory dwarven wizard. Guard fend blockers also make blocking this team a literal pain in the bum. Unless one side puts down the hurt on the other, I predict a very careful match of blocking for position that will be decided on a small mistake by either coach. Its a coinflip, and in this case I go with 2-1 nurgle just because of their juggernaut pestigor.

In the second match the Khemri hopes are put on team Cryptic Apocalypse against the lizards Green is the new purple. It is a clash of big guys and enigmatic team names.

Lizards are lining up 5 skilled sauruses against the tomb guards who have mysteriosly avoided the effects of decay so far. While the big guys on both teams are struggling for domination, it will be up to players like Oli Storm and Utep to make the plays. While the stand firmers cancel out the lizard oneturn option, in the end I'm going to place my money on the bigger roster with more mighty blows to eventually crunch the numbers advantage that khemri cannot cope with. 2-0 for lizards.

Third matchup is against the officially sponsored (by PC) black horse of the tournament, Tantibus with the very rowdy nurgz of Aestus in Lectulo against the Terrordactyls coached by keggiemckill.

While the nurgles record is anything but pretty, they are bringing the brutal clawpomb to the face and a kick to the groin playstyle often seen in the box, and on paper its the very thing lizards don't cope too well with. And not to forget they have already gone through several "better" coaches in the qualifiers. Even with a petty cash wizard it looks very grim for Keggie, who might need to make up some sweet rhymes in advance to please nuffle, or sacrifice a kitten in hopes of nurgles ballcarrier (or lack of) costing them the game.

Predicting a 3-2 in overtime after the last heroic lizards have been bulldozed from the pitch, with Tantibus continuing his giant killing ways for one more game.

Last of the top 8 matches are the heavyweights cdassak and Malmir going at it. Necromantical Screams are tournament trim going into the, only hampered by the death of a wolf in a prep match, while Colourful Characters are an old major veterans led by the only slightly less unstoppable Mr. Red.

Both teams are sporting deep benches of 15 players with rookies filling out the thankless job of taking POMB hits. So its not going to be about the quantity of hits delivered, but striking at the real targets that will make the difference. Wizard is one solution for the st5 ballcarrier, but its one use only so in core players the CD have the edge. But av8 regen fodder is far better then hobgobs, so in a bash fight necro come on top. From a coaching perspective this is the game to watch from round 1, so its also very hard to call. But I'm going with 2-1 on overtime for the cheesy chaos dwarfs.

Next is the human hope of they tourney, the Bluewood Blue Tits coached by The_Murker against lottery winner MrPengs Lh'alvas Lightning.

Both were probably hoping for some nice inducements, but instead they get what you might call a fair fight between 1700 TV teams. And the game for the winner will feature inducements against the monstrous high TV nurgle, but thats getting ahead of things. First they need to focus on the current opponent. And sadly, in a fair fight I put my money on humans to completely dismantle the 11 man elf squad with mighty tackles and flying boots. Its a 3-0 sweep with elves being carted off the field left, right and centre.

Second last is another lottery winner against qualifier winner, the Boring Delves by the_sage against Bats N' Rats of Superlynx.

On paper the rats look like the perfect CRP team that has it all, clawpombs, oneturners and cheap fodder in spades, while the dark elves looks very LRB4'esque with each player on field having minimum of 3 skills. But the thing is, even with absolute minmax, crapton of inducements and all the things people hate to play against, I'm betting on the elfball experience of the_sage to pull through. Rats will smash some elves, do an oneturn score but even outnumbered is going to take home the win by scoring just 1 more TD than the rats. Either a ridiculously high number or just 1-0.

Last match that is scheduled to be played tonight is a very interesting one, since it is basically a rematch of the qualifier 13 finals. Tercere Dinastia gets a second chance to ride the inducement train against Drakensberg Raiders.

Hopefully the Dinastia have learned from last game and don't try to strip ball a surehands wolf again, but instead smash the monstrosity with tackles. Since I've gone with qualifier winners in all previous ones, I'm betting this one will be a wonderful comeback for GronxWild Undead squad, as a wizard and/or a natural disaster kills of the statfreak wolf early on.

Last edited by Stonetroll on %b %13, %2015 - %14:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great analysis Stonetroll, thanks a lot.

The Necromantical Screams vs Colorfoul Characters game is on for tonight at 22.00.

Btw that Wolf died in the Quali Final. Didn't play a prep game with them, felt that the risk was too high.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

... and Der Green Tide were not available Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, apologies to your last opponent then. I just quickly looked and the name didn't ring any bells, so I assumed you had played one prep game. But you are right, never play prep games before big tourneys Very Happy
 Jump to: