51 coaches online • Server time: 19:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 15:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In preparation for the RTNAFC tournament (and for further league division improvements), I've pushed new code to handle client options for FFB. Hopefully, this won't affect running tournaments, but as this was a pretty complex update, there may be issues.

The only visible change that should happen is that there's now an option for tournaments called "Use custom settings for this tournament". If this is disabled, standard division/league rules will be applied to the tournament rather than the settings in the tournament config page. The UI for tournament options will be improved at some point in the future as it's currently messy.

Let me know if you run into trouble related to game options.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

thx for the note. I see this new option now which is disabled when creating a tournament in [L]eague. As i activate plenty of houserules in my League, shall i make sure that this option is clicked in my League?
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As i have a tournament running with lots of options activated, i clicked the option "Use custom settings for this tournament". I will report back in here any issues.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, great work!
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So if i want to use a spiked ball for example, do i also have to enable this new option?
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 17:32
FUMBBL Staff

Yes, without the new option enabled, none of the tournament settings will work. It will be more clear when I revise the GUI for that page.

Also, for the record, all current tournaments have had this option automatically enabled, since there's exactly 1 tournament where it needs to be disabled (for now).
Chankas

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you guys considered standing for government the stuff you do is what this country needs ......what country....any country....RESPECT!!!!!! Smile
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my country can do without spiked balls...

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some issues... an ongoing KO tournament that was using spiked ball didn't get the correct ball for the next match despite me clicking that new box.

I'll see if there's any issues when creating new tournaments.
My guess is that this ocurred because the tournament was created before the change.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ive made a new tournament today and spiked ball doesnt appear work in that either Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 01:04
FUMBBL Staff

Spiked ball has been fixed. You may need to restart matches to get it to work properly.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2015 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Has the 26 team limit on Open Round Robin leagues been lifted?

If so what is the new limit?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to set a shorter turn time? For example, two minute, or one minute turns?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
Would it be possible to set a shorter turn time? For example, two minute, or one minute turns?

You can do this already in the custom ruleset settings for leagues, though not for individual tournaments.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2017 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
If so what is the new limit?

I believe it is at least 30 now.
 Jump to: