38 coaches online • Server time: 18:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Nightbirds Flings + Zara team! Might try a variation of that in the next event. (Or I'll just do Woodies like the rest of the gang.) Wink
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Game of the Day.

Go Stunties!

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite an insane match between magictobe and I. Excerpt from the match report:

happygrue wrote:
This could have been an epic battle of the bands (delightful coincidence of team theme collision there). It was not. In his first real game on FUMBBL, magictobe may have also had his unluckiest game on FUMBBL for a long time.

It started of with advantage rats as a T0 blitz led to a T1 funky score. From there we had a tense half where rat armor held and it looked like the Undead my even it up. But then came Skitter.

If you think you got diced in your Round 1 game, it might be worth having a look at the replay, and I'm sure you will feel better about your game. Wink

If you live near magictobe I think he's owed a beer or three!

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Six of the Best - Round 2

Okay then! As we power into round 2, let’s take a look at some interesting games in the draw!

Image Reggae-Reggae Saws CCSenor v Barney_The_Lurker Barneys Dark ElvesImage

We begin with a cracking contest between two winners. In one corner, we have a fantastic pun based Goblin outfit (for those not in the know ‘Reggae-Reggae Sauce’ is a fine condiment found in British supermarkets between the ketchup and the brown sauce. And brown sauce is… Oh never mind) against Barney’s more vanilla flavoured Darkies. The Goblins dispatched Nippy’s Dwarves in game one, the powerful dual Chainsaw, bribe, Piling On Troll combination enough to kill all mens. Can they repeat the feat here? It’s harder to catch Elves, and Barney is no slouch. This may well be an explosive victory either way, and it’ll be all the more fun to spec because of that.

ImageHobgoblin Team TT jamesfarrell129 v Ruthy Room 32's Angry BirdsImage

Next up, two sides looking for that first win. Jamesfarrell was very close to being one of my ten to watch; this is a build impressive in it’s originality. 14 Hobgoblins, Bribes, Nobbla. It’s almost a shame he’s taken some Block and Sure Hands as skills; this team feels like it deserves 3 Kick Off Returners! Can the Hobgoblins perform against a strong, three Guard Amazon roster? It might all come down to the performance of Blackwart against AV7. I fear an early kickback could spell a long fixture for the Chaos Dwarves. Erm, I mean, Hobgoblins.

Image GBBL Presents - Dead Geordies Cribbleobblepie v Justicium Chers coachs Français Image

This is the kind of fixture that makes you salivate if you’re of a tabletop persuasion. An England v France tier one game, two coaches that have represented their countries at Eurobowl and near on identical rosters. The only difference here is that Cribble has gone for pace (12 men, 4 Ghouls) and Justi depth (13 men, 3 Ghouls), they have even picked the same skills! A real mirror match of high quality, then, and I’m sure plenty of backing from the stands by fellow countrymen. Only one can progress to two wins… Allez les blancs! Wink

Image Let Us Eat Cake phil78 v Tyridium Zabalgana Rats Image

Let’s check in on another of the early leading pack in the race for the Stunty Cup. This is a particularly interesting draw because the Rats are sporting a skinny, 12 man roster, 2 RR and no Leader. It’s perfectly conceivable that phil’s Masterchef could steal both re-rolls and then 3 MB Trees could set about the Rats from turn one. Can the Rats keep enough players around to be comfortable? Is there ever safety in this game, or could it turn on it’s head in seconds? I think this could be a real exercise in knife-edge decision making; when to stick and when to twist, and that’s what makes it fascinating.

ImageMawi Labs Nobbaet v OenarLod Vault Tec Boys [RTTNAFC] Image

This, in the early going of our tournament, is table 1 for round 2. Owing to tie-breakers, these gentlemen are your leaders. The match represents a bad fixture for the Humans; dealing with all of that ST4 / 5 (3 of which sensibly have Block) is going to prove a real challenge. Things don’t always go by the book, however, Nobbaet finds himself top of the table having thrashed Wood Elves with Lizardmen, a horrible fixture! I’ll be really interested to see which of our leading duo can keep up their fast start, and how the Humans deal with the strength wall. Can they reach those all important squishy Skinks, or is it going to be an impenetrable wall of massive scales?

ImageRoyal Cookie Crumblers the_Sage v PurpleChest Tiny Steps To Tournaments Image

Finally this round, we profile two coaches who we might expect to rise to the top end of the table, but were held to ties in game one. Worse, they have managed to draw each other in round two! There is a good chance one of these two great coaches could be unexpectedly 0/1/1 after two games. PC is packing Dwarves, but in an interesting twist, has induced Churnblade. That might be destructive here, as the_Sage is running the standard, fragile Wood Elf roster. Perhaps decisively, the_Sage has gone for the en vogue Frenzy Wardancer over Tackle, and that is obviously more helpful in this fixture. There is a lot of discussion whether this is a good game for Woodies; are the super slow Dwarves easy meat to run around, or is all that Tackle, Guard and Sure Hands a perfect foil to the Leaping pansies? Whilst this game won’t finally answer that question, it will certainly be a high quality face off, and it’ll be a terrific watch.

That’s round 2 – where do you see the big moments coming? As ever, excellent Blood Bowl ahead! Very Happy
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know is all this stuff is helping or hurting me in terms of abstinences.

I need more NAF-ranked resurrection games on fumbbl!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, that's good news. Smile

Good luck in your round 2 game!
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 17:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
I don't know is all this stuff is helping or hurting me in terms of abstinences.

I need more NAF-ranked resurrection games on fumbbl!

For a guy that has only one NAF TT tourney... Yes, moar NAF where I can access it!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

ImageRoyal Cookie Crumblers the_Sage v PurpleChest Tiny Steps To Tournaments Image

Finally this round, we profile two coaches who we might expect to rise to the top end of the table, but were held to ties in game one. Worse, they have managed to draw each other in round two! There is a good chance one of these two great coaches could be unexpectedly 0/1/1 after two games. PC is packing Dwarves, but in an interesting twist, has induced Churnblade. That might be destructive here, as the_Sage is running the standard, fragile Wood Elf roster. Perhaps decisively, the_Sage has gone for the en vogue Frenzy Wardancer over Tackle, and that is obviously more helpful in this fixture. There is a lot of discussion whether this is a good game for Woodies; are the super slow Dwarves easy meat to run around, or is all that Tackle, Guard and Sure Hands a perfect foil to the Leaping pansies? Whilst this game won’t finally answer that question, it will certainly be a high quality face off, and it’ll be a terrific watch.

That’s round 2 – where do you see the big moments coming? As ever, excellent Blood Bowl ahead! Very Happy

Between Khemri round 1, and dorfs round 2, I'm pretty happy with frenzy over tackle. If I coach half as bad this round as I did round 1, this should be hella easy for PC. =)
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed this completely. I didn't even know the draw was about to happen, let alone that the deadline had already passed Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll get your chance, Fouly. More to come. Smile
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You'll get your chance, Fouly. More to come. Smile

But way to little. I for one does not have a single game until tonight!
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

More to come? Explain yourself! Shocked

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Six of the Best - Round 3

Here. We. Go. Round 3!

Image Road to nottingham Azzroag v OenarLod Vault Tec Boys [RTTNAFC] Image

Straight to table 1! OenarLod has been dominating the top of the pops since game one, most recently overcoming Lizards 1-0 and outblocking the big beasts. Azzroag was one of our ten to watch, and is a very dangerous customer. So which of these 100% teams do we back to go on and win again? Sensible money seems to be on the higher tier Undead to come through, but the Tec Boys have overcome supposedly better opposition once already. There is some momentum attached to the Humans thus far, and it’ll be fun to see if it is maintained going into the second half of the tournament.

Image Forgotten Princes Christer v Arioch76 Arborean M@dness Image

It’s not gone well for the boss so far. Many forget that BigC can play a bit (although he will tell you he can’t, he’s always whooped me), but the RTTNAFC has not been kind to his Khemri charges. The last thing they need right now is Woodies! Arioch76 has had a similarly unlucky beginning to proceedings, and has an interesting build with a Sure Hands Wardancer. Not generally a great fixture for Khemri, this, but they won’t be fearing Strip Ball, and there is plenty of Guard available on this roster to give the Woodies some hassle. That Treeman perhaps doesn’t fancy all of those Tomb Guardians! One of these two, I feel, will really begin to rise up the table following this fixture. But which?

Image Desperate Ladies Topper v Nicodaz Walking Charlies Image

A gem from the middle of the draw, this, as we revisit another of our ten to watch. Topper vs. Nicodaz is a fixture that you could have expected to see during any top table Denmark vs. France fixture from the last few Eurobowls. We’ve covered Topper and his Roxanna build, but what of Nicodaz? The Necro are sporting a sensible 3 Block roster, and won’t be missing the MB Wolf that’s to come following this game. Guard vs. Block, Dodge vs. Regen, Roxanna vs. numbers. Who will come through?

Image Crows of Loki Sizzler v Diceskill Round 14 Image

The Sizzler juggernaut marches on. The champ is 100% so far, but this is a test. Diceskill is sporting Dark Elves, the race most represented on 100% going into round 3. This is a curious build, however, and Tackle Blitzer, NOS Runner and Block Witch does not perhaps represent the most dangerous combination to the Sizzler’s Norsemen. Diceskill beat Tripleskull’s Wood Elves in round 2, and that feels like a skill combination far better suited to that racial matchup than this. Nevertheless, Norse are the quintessential glass cannon, and Sizzler must be expecting ‘that game’ where the AV7 gets him in all kinds of problems. Can his run continue?

Image La Guardia Eterna SirMayans v Azure Azure Hammers Image

Time to drop in on a FUMBBL big gun sitting pretty on 100%. Azure’s Dwarves have been doing what Azure’s Dwarves do so far, and rolling over all before them. This rolling has been helped by Azure hiring a Deathroller for the tournament, so this is a really fun build. Azure has gone for damage, with 2 MB players, and that makes SirMayan’s decision to go for 12 men potentially a good one. Strip and Tackle aren’t going to help the Wood Elves here; so this will be a really interesting test of the Woodie metal. Can they negate the ‘roller, stay alive and get a result? Or will Azure grind another foe into the turf? Interesting builds, should lead to a fun game.

Image Buccaneers Touring Side PainState v Coma Iron Moustachez Image

Let’s give Milford a taste of his own medicine! The touring Bucs side have loaded up on 13 players and an Apo, and the Dirty Player in their ranks perhaps betrays their gameplan a tad. Coma is a tabletoppist, and his Dwarf roster reads as if from the textbook. Humans / Dwarves is a good fixture, and much will depend on how the Ogre plays. Can he hold a couple and allow the pace to do it’s stuff, or will it be marginalised and allow the Guard grinding machine to move forward? These teams are 1/0/1 so far, and they will want to be above .500 as we move into the second half of the tournament and gain all of those juicy skills. Milford talks big in the team bio… Can he deliver? Wink

What are your round 3 picks? Next round – more skills, and a Stunty special. It’ll be a bit late, mind, since I’m playing some NAF BB of my own next weekend. Enjoy! Very Happy
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

C'mon the Sizzler!

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I just read it and thanks phil. I hope I will continue to play good And maybe win but I have another great opponent this time

Game will begin weds at 22h
 Jump to: