33 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understand it, one of the drawbacks for GW about Blood Bowl is that one doesn't buy as many miniatures. So why do they make this problem worse for themselves by selling teams with just 12 when I, and I suspect many others, would love to buy 16? Sure, some
people will buy two boxes but I suspect the numbers don't work.

In a related point, does anyone know an easy way to get hold of the extra miniatures to match the teams you get in the box?
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Money grabbing basically.

DLE College 7s
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

But explain to me how it helps them achieve that. I would have thought you could make more money by selling everyon 33% more rather than doubling up on a few.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
But explain to me how it helps them achieve that. I would have thought you could make more money by selling everyon 33% more rather than doubling up on a few.

Cheaper prices to lure someone in. Very high cost to then actually have a functioning team on the investment.
The original box cost will be the threshold for someone to get invested in the first place. 33% more cost would mean less people buying a team.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Because who plays a Human team with 2 Blitzers and 2 throwers?

If you want a proper team you need two boxes or a load of blister packs. Ogre not included either and majority seem to play with one. Then you end up with a load of models you don't need like 4 throwers or you have bought usually more exspense per model blisters.

Same with the Orcs, have you ever seen a 2 Blitzers 2 BOBs 2 throwers roster?

You can't just buy the 12 and leave it there if you want a proper full strength team. Hence you have to buy double or more exspense on blisters. I don't think they have any Blisters yet anyway.

DLE College 7s
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, I understand that people have to buy more, it was that I was sceptical of what fraction would. Wreckage's point seems the most likely but even there I wonder how the economics really play out. I wonder how many they sell to people who wouldn't have paid another third.
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, if I were them I might be trying to box sets to get people to buy more then they would e.g. Include the rat ogre, head coach, apoth, cheerleaders. Models people otherwise wouldn't buy but would get as part of a complete solution. You could easily sit these alongside the entry point options.

Anyhow, just my musings.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

From their policies it seems designing new miniatures is a significant expense to them and in terms of low selling games / low selling miniatures like BB the try to rather avoid it.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought 2 of everything Sad

Jeffro
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I bought 2 of everything Sad

Aand that's how they make their money...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mo money biatches

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If they really wanted to make their money, they would release the missing models from the teams as individual figures. Because I would buy that. I'm certainly not buying a whole blister full of models I mostly don't want, or another set full of lots of things I don't want.

I don't think I'm alone, and they're losing out on sales with this poorly executed release.

I find this edition typical of GW's practices in general. Not very intelligently managed and without significant consideration to what the players actually want.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 18:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

They are doing a GW styled- release. couldn't be because of manufacturing or could be because they know it works if it does.
Ghoulguts

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when Eldar Aspect Warrior blisters went from five men to three. Same model, same price. So your squads cost twice as much since the sixth one was useless anyway. Oh yeah, Dire Reapers went from three men to one. The also removed the drednaught from the blister and put it in a nice fancy box and made it twice as much, too.

GW has always been about cash grabs. That's why so many people buy from dodgy companies that mould their own stuff for less than half the price...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghoulguts wrote:
Oh yeah, Dire Reapers went from three men to one.

You meant Dark Reapers, I guess.
 Jump to: