37 coaches online • Server time: 00:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill for the Eagle?
Tackle
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Shadowing
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Frenzeh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Strip Ball
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Sure Hands
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
(Human) meat PIE
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=797682
Player: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10499433

(The injured players will be replaced - I'll simply keep the niggled AG4)

My first choice would be Tackle, but on a second thought, there are many other valid options. I know the guy is OTTD material and Sprint and SF would help, but I'm not going to skip that double, so no need to recommend either skill.

Tackle: he already has Block, and Tackle would help with speed offences (I generally have both my Krox and eagles on the sideline on defence, ready to run deep in my opponent's half if he doesn't secure the ball.

Mighty Blow: it sounds cool, but it's not an option. I already have strong hitters, this guy is much more than that.

Shadowing: mass shadowing is amazing. It's decent on linos, great on Jaguars, it would be godly on a MA8 eagle. Only problem: I don't know what I would take next: DT to make him a pita, or Sprint/Sure Feet for OTTDing.

Frenzy: that would be great for surfing, but that would also make me roll of bunch of 1d blocks, drastically lowering his life expectancy in the process.

Strip Ball: I don't have any, and I guess it can rock in the Leeg as SH is quite uncommon, but is it the right player for that skill?

Sure Hands: A bit boring, and my other Eagle is AG4 (although I don't expect him to live long, with his niggle), but this guy does pick up and hold balls so...

Anything else?

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What about guard? He is Blodge, SS, would make him hyper-irritating.
That's how I would build players: what would me annoy the most on your team, as an opposing player?
As you said, you already have some great blitzers, so what makes blitzers better? Mobile guard, with blodge,SS please =)

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pygmie skill choice \o/ Nice team you have there!

I wouldn't know what you should take but El_Jairo makes a good point.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, it's the one field where I might be an actual expert!

I wouldn't do guard or shadowing (or DT), because you do not want him in anyone's tackle zone. Sure hands is justifiable-ish, but eh. You only have one tackler, and your other jaguar is a good 2-3 skills from it. Give him tackle and you can probably let the ST3 jag pick up blodge first, increasing the chances that he survives to make all three.

If you do decide to pursue the speed route, I'd go sure feet over sprint... with no handling skills, limited block and mostly 3 AG, you're rarely going to get the ball to the man and the man ready to one-turn without burning a reroll.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with ahalfing, you don't want to leave this guy in a TZ so guard and stripball, whilst fun for a while will get him crippled before long. Tackle after block is never a bad choice in stunty but I quite like sure hands here too.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 12:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

already has block in stunty? have to go tackle or strip ball.

My advise strip ball. On 1d blocks that balls coming free 5/6 times.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I could have included Guard in the poll - that's another good option I've overlooked for the reasons stated by... pretty much everyone. Very Happy Guard is a great skill that is often underestimated for Stunties (Leeg or regular) but I'm not sure that's the right player for that.

Shadowing (or DT) however are a bit different I believe: you actually don't have to mark anyone to make it useful. And I've noticed most coaches ain't used to play against mass shadowing and often underestimate it. When you mark someone with DT, he generally won't try to dodge at all, even when he should, unless it's his only option. But he also will, most of the time, ignore Shadowing and try to dodge anyway (that's really funny with my Tackle Jaguar: he causes more TO than a DT would Wink.

Well it seems the consensus is Tackle (or SB), which I find a bit boring, but that's indeed a solid choice. I'm leaving the poll open for a bit longer though.

Note: if (and that's a small if) the ST3 Jaguar lives long enough for that, I may try to build him as a Wrestle / Strip Ball sacker, but he has a long way to go...

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2015 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine, the majority has decided: Tackle it is.

I'm not a big fan of consensual choices, but heck, why would you make a poll if it's to ignore the result? Razz

Thanks for your comments.

Jump to: