42 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally someone who understand Flings. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

You and Zed are still going to be the only ones who know how to play them.

Wink
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Rat Ogres. I smell theme Skaven.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd still only take at most, two wood elf catchers with these changes most the time since their purpose is to OTTD. It's not like skaven where the grs are your ball hawks and scorers.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Another way to do things would be to shift skills from one set to another as well?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 01:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
0-2 Rat Ogres. I smell theme Skaven.

Haha. Oops! Another error, as was the 0-2 runners. The comments made more sense than the rosters. FAIL.

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Another way to do things would be to shift skills from one set to another as well?

That's what I'm planning to do with the Grind skill access if it's one of the options we get in the League changes. I didn't consider anything but roster changes for this game though.

Last edited by mister__joshua on Jun 25, 2015 - 09:13; edited 1 time in total
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Please piggy back off of Kam's GLN article and write another for coding. Well done... Well done indeed.

As for content: I will save it for my own, as it seems I just missed the BBox draw.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
- Finally, there's the changes that I'd like to try out. I did each roster in turn. Not all changed, but most had minor adjustments. A big general change was removing Loner from all rostered players (Big guys). It will be the purview of only journeymen from now on. I assumed no rules changes from standard CRP when creating these. My NTBB

changes should be red imo

anyway, nice work!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 09:16
FUMBBL Staff

@Huff: Thanks! I could write an article, but the code itself is quite simple for this. It took a while to assemble and fill in the data, but the actual structure is just tables in panels and toggle buttons.

@Roland: I'll try and make the changes red, but as I changed things for most rosters it seemed like a lot of extra fiddling. I'll go through now though, on request Razz

Edit: Corrected Chaos prices for Warriors and re-rolls. If you've already copied the template then you'll need to change these, but the current one is up to date.

Last edited by mister__joshua on Jun 25, 2015 - 10:19; edited 1 time in total
thebursar

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding your rosters, very nice work. That's quite a lot of effort you put in there. I like how you didn't change much, but what you did was well thought out and balanced. I like your idea to remove loner from Big Guys, especially after you explained it in the forum post. I do feel it increases the relative value of Big Guy and teams that can field them a lot. And by removing M access from Nurgle and Chaos you reduce their effectiveness vs high Av teams more than vs. Agility teams. Still, i get what's the rationale and wouldn't have a better solution ready to go.

One thing I didn't like is giving Dwarf and CD blockers blanket Stand Firm. Is the tackle on the blockers really a problem? I get that it's harsh vs. stunties, but vs. Elves and such it's the compensation for being the slowest team around (for Dwarfs anyway). Stand Firm will also be a nightmare at rookie levels, now blocking a Dwarf blocker will only have an effect 1/3 of the time, down from 2/3 per die.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 10:51
FUMBBL Staff

Right, I've re-done it colouring all my changes red. If it's not red then it's probably a mistake.

Some edits too based on the comments. Changes to Undead, Ogres, Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves plus some minor edits.

Re-posted link

Note: All Big guys have a red Skill section, but this is just the removal of Loner. None actually have changed skills.

Last edited by mister__joshua on Jun 25, 2015 - 11:05; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Kam wrote:

You and Zed are still going to be the only ones who know how to play them.

Wink

And Garion ofc
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

/boo
I like the catcher idea Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 13:26
FUMBBL Staff

Roland wrote:
Kam wrote:

/boo

I wasn't a fan. I was trying to avoid adding players to rosters too.

Really I'm not a fan of any Catcher positional on a roster that doesn't also have a Thrower position. What are they catching? I'm thinking now of renaming the Slann catcher to Runner and adding P access as HM suggested as a unifying Runner theme. Well, apart from Gutters but I think they are more catchers anyway. Gutter Runner is their Warhammer name. In BB I'd say they are Catchers.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Kam wrote:

/boo

That would be the most game breaking addition ever.

Jump to: