27 coaches online • Server time: 01:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Wizard
Fireball
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Lightning Bolt
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
other inducement
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Sainthropee

Post 22 Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

I have a final match in my Table Top team against Skaven.

I'm thinking about Wizard with the inducement, but, what is the best option?

Stop a single TD or maximize damage? (he has 15 players)

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 12:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I feel you are missing many important details.

1) What team are you playing as?
2) What is the TV of the respective teams?
3) Any important skills/players on either side?

On the wizard point, I tend to find that decision is best made in the moment. If he leaves the carrier accessible but difficult to take down then a bolt is good. If he bunches up then go for the ball.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I feel you are missing many important details.

1) What team are you playing as?
2) What is the TV of the respective teams?
3) Any important skills/players on either side?

On the wizard point, I tend to find that decision is best made in the moment. If he leaves the carrier accessible but difficult to take down then a bolt is good. If he bunches up then go for the ball.

1) I play Slann

2) My team is 1520 tv, his team 1770 tv

3) I have 3 blitzers (0 skills), one lineman (0 skill), two lineman Ag4, one lineman F4, one line with block and one with wrestle, 2 catchers blodgers, khroxi with guard/BT
His team: 2 throwers (one with block), two lineman with block, 3 lineman (0 skill) and one with leader, 4 GR (all blodgers and one +1Ma and Sprint), Two blitzers MB,Rate Ogre with block...

(J. Bentham)
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pray he has bad dice?

Rats with a bench and a one turner are nearly impossible to stop. You have no tackle, no MB (other than Krox) and bloated linemen with no skills. His team may not be that much better off, but he does have the one turner.

I suppose you will try to leverage your diving tackle to prevent his gutters from just running all over you, but 0 skill blitzers are easy to dislodge.

Anyway, I suppose you take the wizard and use it as 'tackle', or just hit the one turner with it as soon as you can and hope it takes him out. Good luck, but I wouldn't fancy your chances if the Skaven coach knows what he's about.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically you'll need decent dice and a good flurry of early cas' on his team. As Licker said, a bench and a one turner will be a bugger of a match for you.

Lightning bolt if you're going wiz', unless he gives you 6 or more to fireball and then you could take your chances that Nuffle will bless the rolls and take a few out.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Take the wizard, 3D block the gutters, pray your opponent sucks or rolls all ones. You can't beat skaven with zero tackle and zero mighty blow when facing 4 blodge gutters.

He's got three block/mighty blow players, one with ST5 and frenzy. You're screwed.
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well!!

Thanks for the tips, i think i'll pray to Nuffle and do my best to stop de GR on three dice block.

(J. Bentham)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent isn't an ace coach (which I suspect as he has 2 throwers and a leader linerat Wink ), it's not quite hopeless. With 3 diving tackle and a prehensile tail you have some ability to hang on to his gutters, and even to make an OTTD hard. With a leap ST3 wrestle, you have some ability to knock his ball loose, and with 4 x AG4 leap VLL you can get it safe(ish). Add a wizard (most likely lightning, unless he gets real juicy) and you might have some shot at it.

Don't be afraid to blitz (a gutter) with the krox if needed.

Example of how you can use 4 sticky players as some measure of protection against a natural oneturner:

The team you're looking at is this one, so all 4 warriors have diving tackle (and there's some tail too).

As long as you have 10 players (or you could leave the middle beast out and be almost as effective), this setup (with the krox on a far side) lets you force him to make at least a 3+4+3+ dodge (into a TZ, into a TZ with tail, out of a TZ with tail), or a 5+ dodge (out of diving tackle, into 1 TZ). As a bonus, that 5+ he needs is only enough if he makes it ON the reroll; if he rolls a 5 or 6 in his first attempt, he still needs to make another 5+. Smile

This is not foolproof of course, but it turns his odds at an OTTD from something like 90% to something like 40% (just my rough guesstimate, no maths there).

As a more meta word of advice: while slann blitzers are absolutely amazing players when skilled, you never want more than two with less than 16 SPPs each. Make sure the three you have score ALL your touchdowns (though maybe not in the season finals).

+AG linos make the perfect sacker, with wrestle, tackle, strip ball (pro, dauntless), and with two you could even make one into a handler (with block, sure hands, dodge on doubles), but early on they're not quite worth their TV (much like your blitzers). So you have a bloaty team full of potential, and very little else.
Libuda

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Fireball because this is a very special case. I agree with Rat Salat. You're screwed. Wink

So you need a lucky punch. A fireball includes more risk, but also more chances. So it could be a better game changer in this case.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the issue. His onturner against any reasonable setup with 11 players wo chainpushes is max 50%, and he cant stall... So worst thing that can happen he scores in one or 2 turns, u have 14 turns to bash him away and score twice, he makes the equalizing oneturner and wins the coinflip and oneturns again... Not sure if he really wants to risk 3 oneturners. If something goes wrong you can still use the wiz
 Jump to: