32 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Online Dutch Open

Hi all!

The third online NAF tournament in our series will begin on Monday, 15th June. We continue our journey around tabletop rulesets with a real European classic: The Dutch Open. Transport yourself to a Superbowl weekend in Amsterdam, and get stuck into a traditional, old school ruleset!

The rulespack for our tournament can be found here, here, and on the group page. It's also summarised below.

The Dutch Open tabletop tournament 2015 took place on the 31st Jan / 1st Feb in Amsterdam. The DO is one of the oldest and most revered tournaments in Europe, and we're happy to bring you an online version. You can find more details from 2015 here. Next year, get yourself to the Netherlands and join the fun!

Applications are now open. Coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Australasian timezones here. Thanks to the DO guys, I hope you’ll join us and enjoy an online taste of their tournament!

Rulespack Summary

• Non-progression Blood Bowl!
• Team treasury: 1.10 M gold. No Inducements apart from Halfling Chefs and Goblin Bribes
• Format: 5 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Australasia), followed by a playoff
• Weekly rounds
• 4 normal skills, granted before games 2-5 (1 per game)

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jun 08, 2015 - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey purp, it seems to me that the creation link in the group page still leads to Lutece's team creation...
It still asks for 4 normal and a double, and it still gives 1150 money.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You will be able to make a team and apply to the tournament on Monday, 8th June.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Misread this; thought it was a Dutch oven.

Major disappointment.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My mistake Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. Teams can't be made to the ruleset yet, so don't try! Smile

I'll probably reset the creation page in the next day or so, but please don't apply yet.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How are concessions handled in terms of online NAF-ranking. I might be unable to play some weeks because of holidays. Can I sign up without risking my online NAF-ranking taking a hit if I'm forced to concede?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And more importantly: how do we see our online NAF ranking?

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
And more importantly: how do we see our online NAF ranking?

It is going public with the new naf homepage, but I don't know when.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! I missed the first big non-prog tourney on here, so I'll definitely be sure to sign up for this one.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi chaps,

If a game isn't played, it won't be ranked. However, I would advise you to consider holidays before signing up to one of these tournaments. Please don't join if you know you have to take a round or two off; wait for the next one. I appreciate we're moving into a busy holiday period and that may effect numbers, but that's OK. Remember, I know who has missed a game and (mostly) why, and coaches may be forced to take a break if they've not played games in previous events. We want to make sure everyone who signs up gets maximum Blood Bowl!

Regarding online rankings, the decision was made by the tech team that this is non trivial to code, and will take plenty of work. With that in mind, they're going to wait and include online rankings on the new NAF website (the eta of which is currently not known, but it's in the works). We're storing results in the correct format, and when the time comes, we hope to be able to bring NAF members their complete online records from the RTTNAFC onwards. I appreciate your patience here; the guys are working as hard as they can! Smile
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it time to switch to KO format? I didn't join the last one only because of the Swiss format. Just because Swiss is perfect for tabletop doesn't mean it's perfect for online.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tricky. If KO tournaments are your thing.. fear not! Fumbbl already holds dozens if not hundreds of them every year!

Oscar Wilde
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2015 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wish there was one with lots of participants and a TV cap
 Jump to: