49 coaches online • Server time: 14:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who should I apply with?
Elf Yourself: Apply with 2 MNG Linemen
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Elf Yourself: Risky it! Play another [B] Game
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Apply with another team altogether (Please suggest!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

seanh1986

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Should I apply with 2 MNG linemen or risk playing another match?

Elf Yourself

I don't really have any other teams that I think are "ready", and they've had a good year so far winning a B-minor and a black box brawl. I think they've earned their shot at a major.

I made the mistake of bringing a good looking Necro team to the Black Cup instead and Nuffle frowned upon me RIPing a MB+PO wolf and a Flesh Golem pretty early on leading to a disappointing first round exit.

My only other alternatives would be:
Ranked Undead

Unless someone has something else to suggest. I won't have many more opportunities to play games between now and the tournament start so my team-prepping time is quite limited.
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You're only 17 games in, still a fair bit of rookie protection. Go for another one and if it wrecks you use the Undead instead. Best of both worlds.

Though if you can't work out how to survive most games around the big mean teams from box, you're probably not going far in the cup anyway.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think I've done a pretty decent job of surviving in the Box to date. But with a TV of ~1800k I'm more likely to face a bashy team than a non-bashy team and that means the potential for more than some MNGs. I have the cash to replace a Wardancer but not twice.

The rationale behind entering the tournament with 2 MNGs is this: All the key players are healthy. Sure an extra Wrestle and Wrestle/Dodge lineman would be nice, but they are not crucial members of the team. The journeyman will go on the line anyways (and elvish linemen are great anyways).

Plus, I'll have 2 elves returning for round 2, plus a bit of cash (hopefully). With 12 elves and a bit of cash, I could be primed for a decent run if the wardancers stay healthy.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Enter as they are. Odds are the first game will be softer than the box.
 Jump to: