50 coaches online • Server time: 14:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Whose turn is it?
Chaos Pact
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
Goblin
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Halfling
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Khemri
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Lizardman
31%
 31%  [ 30 ]
Norse
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
CRaPpy Ogres
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Slann
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Undead
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Underworld
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 96

garyt1

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri should be a bit better with no clawpombers on their ass, and still with the ability to lay down the boot on those they knock down. Though clawmb is still a problem for them.

Didn't Ogres ever win a Major in lrb4 when they had loads of Ogres plus gobbos?

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I really wish I had tons of time to play right now like a once did. I would love to try building the Khemri Team needed to Unforlorn them. Not that I would WIN a Tournament... jut that I would like to give it a go.
If I am ever going to win a Tournament it is going to have to be an Orc team or CD team. AND lots of the coaches that are better than me are going to have to sit out that tournament.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

What does the winning build for Pact look like now? And how would a Norse team compete?

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

the best success I've had with norse is this team

deep roster with lots of fouling and guard.

Also ran into this norse team that seems good too.

total investment in positionals, keep lineman naked (block is all they need).

neither team uses a thrower

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be shocked if either pact or Norse could even get close.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quarion8 went close with Pact in Grotty not so long ago.

I honestly don't think they're such a terrible shout - 2 developed big guys (ogre/troll), freak elf (can be sacker or carrier, it actually doesn't matter), and then some decent linos. A bit of luck as always.

The fact is, imo, Grotty gives such a big boost to the forlorn races, since they get their own qualifier, that it really ends up being a matter of a few things coming together:

1. A good coach deciding he's going to take on the task
2. Said coach getting a decent team going
3. A kind draw (which is already half-done by getting the forlorn qualifier)

It's also not impossible to end up getting matched up vs flings/gobbos in the main grotty event for your rd1.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2018 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As well as Quarion did, I think this almost solidifies in my mind that it isn't going to happen. As you say, forlorn qualifier, then gets gobbos in round 1, then manages a win in probably the most remarkable game I've ever seen (and if I remember rightly extremely unlikely) and still he's two impossibly difficult games away.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
As well as Quarion did, I think this almost solidifies in my mind that it isn't going to happen. As you say, forlorn qualifier, then gets gobbos in round 1, then manages a win in probably the most remarkable game I've ever seen (and if I remember rightly extremely unlikely) and still he's two impossibly difficult games away.
As I said, I was QFed in the GLT with Pact by Rawlf and his woodelves.

Course, it didn't hurt that my block, tackle, claw, MB, Leap elf had just died, which took away my trump capable of ignoring screens/cages.

Going into the tourney, I had 2 Marauders set as killers, along with my elf. My rat was an MA8 blodgestep runner, which gave me 2 possible options for one turners. I had a block/guard Ogre, a ST6 Mino, and a blodgefirm troll. The rest of the marauders were mostly blockers, or block/guard.

If I can make it that far, then I truly believe it's only a matter of time before Pact wins a major. I also feel I should point out that this was during the ClawPOMB era, and I did it without an PO
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir will soon unforlorn slanns. Awesome team and coach.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
manages a win in probably the most remarkable game I've ever seen (and if I remember rightly extremely unlikely)

do you mean this match? https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3914638

and yes, malmir is probably slann's best chance but he has other great teams to pick from
Harad

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup that's the one. Ironically, my slann were in the other quarter final and I feel I blew the chance to unforlorn them. We'd assumed we had no chance in a semi because we'd be against the nurgle and so didn't mind too much when things went against us in the quarter, but if we'd just got through that the matchups would actually have been very favourable.

Well it seems opinion is against me so I look forwards to seeing pact unforlorned!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 11, 2018 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

it's an amazing match, well worth watching
 Jump to: