16 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
delusional

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Has someone ever done a Shadowrun team?

I am thinking Humans + elves + dwarfs + trolls + orks?

humans(0-16) 6338 50k
orks (0-4) 5329 50k
elf (0-2) 6348 70K
dwarfs(0-4) 4329 70K with Block, Thick skull and tackle.
Troll (0-1) 4519 110K Usual troll skills.

There may be call for fluff reasons to have two trolls.
Although this kinda breaks the whole Goblin/halfling 2 big guy rule (which Chaos pact breaks). Also trolls are 5% of the shadowrun world so 1 in a team would be normal. Why I have reduced the number of elves as well to 2. Yes there are a stack of Meta varients in Shadowrun and I could not imagine a team list covering them.

Naturally no Cyber enhancements or this whole team will go way out of balance. Wonder if anyone would play with these in a tournament.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you could give mutation access, maybe on doubles, to represent Cyber Enhancements.

This is an all lineman team, except for the troll, and is getting close to being the good guy version of Pact, except only 1 big guy.

I think it needs something else, this is a little bland right now.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you were to do shadowrun it would be better with a totally different concept from the warhammer blood bowl teams and its own league.

For example each team could hire a decker with a certain skill set and you could choose which race.

Or more realistically choices could be random (depending on who was available for the run) or the league admin could have a pool of hireable players for coaches to choose from.

Special rules for mercs too.

Blood Bowl and the blood bowl world is great. However if you want to play in other universes be creative and bespoke it specially for that world.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowrun Trolls are NOT GW Trolls. Not in the least. They're more like BOBs.

I'd either start with Earthdawn as a basis, or differentiate Shadowrun teams by something other than which fantasy critter they look like. Like, you could have biker gang teams and Native American teams and different flavors of "black ops." Each team would get 0-4 non-humans, but how many of which depends on the team.

You could have a "doctor" that works like the Apoth, and "Street Doc" as a 0-2 inducement. Other inducements would be fairly easy. "Stim Paks" would be a different mechanic to represent Babes, possibly returning one player to reserves after failing a KO recovery. You might have a team Decker who entitles you to draw cards from a particular deck, say one card per match with the ability to induce more.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Point Shadowrun trolls are a lot more like BOB's.

Also point how you get the Shadowrun fluff into BB. Magic, Deckers... I mean hey what can a decker hack other then the scoreboard..... A Deathroller!!!

Riggers would be good to see as well. (actually they would be hacking/driving the Deathroller).
Although probably easier to insert it then 40K.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Still thinking in the box. Shadowrun doesnt have deathrollers. What vehichle could a rigger operate that wouldnt be OP?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 10:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I love Shadowrun!

I agree with the mouse, but it depends if you're thinking tabletop or if you wanted to create a league within the Fumbbl structure. Tabletop then the sky's the limit in what you could do. Within Fumbbl rulesets you'll be restricted by the options available.

It might be interesting to approach it with base player types:
Human: Human lino
Orc: Orc Lino
Elf: Pro Elf lino
Troll: Black Orc
Dwarf: Dwarf Runner(?)

Then categorise the skills by feature:
Mage (bombadier, throw team mate)
Adept (dauntless, leap)
Face (disturbing presence, hypnotic gaze)
Sammy (claw, thick skull)
etc.

Each player will have a race and role that will determine his possible abilities.

Just a starter Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
spinball

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I love Shadowrun!

I agree with the mouse, but it depends if you're thinking tabletop or if you wanted to create a league within the Fumbbl structure. Tabletop then the sky's the limit in what you could do. Within Fumbbl rulesets you'll be restricted by the options available.

It might be interesting to approach it with base player types:
Human: Human lino
Orc: Orc Lino
Elf: Pro Elf lino
Troll: Black Orc
Dwarf: Dwarf Runner(?)

Then categorise the skills by feature:
Mage (bombadier, throw team mate)
Adept (dauntless, leap)
Face (disturbing presence, hypnotic gaze)
Sammy (claw, thick skull)
etc.

Each player will have a race and role that will determine his possible abilities.

Just a starter Very Happy

I very much like this idea, because you have to have a lineman group humans are the 0-12 group.

Then you can hire up to 4 shadow runners. They are any combination of the above races then get their skill set added to them. I am guessing a minimum of 100k per player, but I don't know exactly how they should be priced. So if you wanted say an elf adept 6 3 4 7 with dauntless, leap. If you want a Human Sam 6 3 3 8 Claw and Thick skull, Dwarven Mage 6 3 3 8 Thick Skull, surehands, Bombs (not sure about the TTM since we have no right stuff).... or any combinations therein. That would be interesting to say the least. But you could only have 4 special players total, so if you wanted 3 faces, you could only have 1 other special player. I like the concept, though it won't happen anywhere that we could test it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 12:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. The bracketed lists weren't exhaustive, just some quick thoughts that came to mind. I'd imagine you'd want all the skills split up by role or in a 'general' category.

You could test it in the same way as College Blood Bowl or the DLE works. Have a roster per team and build each player as an individual position.

Ps. I always wanted someone to make a Combat Biker videogame. I think it'd be awesome if done correctly. For now though I'll content myself with the fact Cyberpunk 2077 should be out in the next year and looks like being the best game ever. Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: