50 coaches online • Server time: 17:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless I have missed it in the update and during my (albeit brief) play - rulesets like the proposed EB package are not yet possible without a fair bit of manual fiddling. If it is possible to gives tiered skills or gold, terrific, but that's either super new or I missed it?
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 10:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
If it is possible to gives tiered skills or gold, terrific, but that's either super new or I missed it?

Currently, it's not.

It should be possible to add support for it though. It'd require some sort of cross-ruleset match support though. From a technical perspective, this could be done by allowing a league to be connected to another (meta) group than the one it's part of, and then simply have the ability to set cross league play to be one of "None", "Ruleset" or "Meta Group".

Effectively, this would allow a setup like this:

* Overall meta group "Swedish Blood Bowl Alliance"
* Tier 1 league
* Tier 2 league
* Tier 3 league

All three league groups would be connected to the same meta group, and be set to allow "meta group" cross league play.

This would add more complexity to the system, and would allow league owners to set up some super strange systems. Also, trying to explain the custom league system would become even more complicated.. At some point, I'll have to write some documentation on how things work Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, understood (well, sort of Wink). All things in good time. I was just checking because Roland made a group.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

for the EB practice group I've set up so that all teams can choose to use like a tier 3 team, I just have to check that the teams choose skills according to the rules manally.
I've also given 20k extra money that 'may' be used by the tier 3 teams.

I mean on doubles you can still choose a normal skill for example.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed - that's what I meant by doing it manually. In small groups between friends, this is a way around it in the short term.

I'd be interested to see a compilation of the weird and wonderful ways the customisation is being used. Anyone fancy that thread? Wink
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 12:58
FUMBBL Staff

Purplegoo wrote:
Indeed - that's what I meant by doing it manually. In small groups between friends, this is a way around it in the short term.

I'd be interested to see a compilation of the weird and wonderful ways the customisation is being used. Anyone fancy that thread? Wink

I intend to get a thread up later (I'll probably fail) about a league idea. The basic premise is over-costing the roster so teams start already in the realms of Spiraling Expenses, making teambuilding really tough. I'll expand later Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is "weird and wonderful" - but I guess it sort of qualifies: The Big Guy Arena

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2015 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I'd like to try that EB league.
Until now I've only played matches tournaments-like finding them by friends or here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1570635783215225/

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Why teams created with the ruleset of a league can not be automatically registrated in group member of this league?

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello will be possible at some point to give different rosters different maximum numbers of players on the pitch?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:03
FUMBBL Staff

buuface wrote:
Hello will be possible at some point to give different rosters different maximum numbers of players on the pitch?

I don't believe so as Players on Pitch is a ruleset setting and not a roster setting. How they are set up currently that would not be possible.
buuface

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok no worries. There is a minimum and maximum value so it could just be a house rule

IE stunty teams are allowed up to 13 players on the pitch but non-stunty teams only 11
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:30
FUMBBL Staff

buuface wrote:
Ok no worries. There is a minimum and maximum value so it could just be a house rule

IE stunty teams are allowed up to 13 players on the pitch but non-stunty teams only 11

I don't think that would work either unfortunately buuface. The setting in rulesets is a min and max for roster sizes (default 11-16). The setting for players allowed on the pitch is a client setting and only the maximum value can be set. Teams must then field up to this value if they are able.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the number of journeymen could be adjusted to the minimum number of players required on a roster... My aforementioned league allows 1-3 players per team and only 2 players of a team on the pitch. Yet we still have to be careful not to accidentally take journeymen.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 10:40
FUMBBL Staff

Rabe wrote:
I wonder if the number of journeymen could be adjusted to the minimum number of players required on a roster... My aforementioned league allows 1-3 players per team and only 2 players of a team on the pitch. Yet we still have to be careful not to accidentally take journeymen.

This should be fixed already. Let me know if it's not working properly for you.
 Jump to: