57 coaches online • Server time: 23:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot choose to use dodge first if you have break tackle.
Kind of a bug, but worth mentioning.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible for a player on the kickin team to team re-roll a failed catch after the Blitz! kick-off result.

According to CRP you may only re-roll that with Catch or Pro, as it is now the receiving team's turn.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %26, %2015 - %18:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

An important question for this thread: which bugs/coding insufficiencies/known differences are we allowed to take advantage of, and which are we not allowed to exploit?

@Zakatan Maybe a list of non-exploitable bugs, and what to do if they occur should also be included?

Because - as we've been instructed by site admins - its not always the case that client implementation = the official rules.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ring of Teleportation (Magic Item) and Trampoline Trap (Dirty Trick) are not included in their respective decks.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This was meant to be a list of things that are intentionally coded differently from the CRP, not a bug list.

That said, I'd love to have some admin feedback on what's acceptable or desirable to list.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
This was meant to be a list of things that are intentionally coded differently from the CRP, not a bug list.

Wouldn't it be wise to include differences of both categories? I thought the intention is to inform both the actual and the new coaches.

Once bought, you can't fire the apothecary.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2015 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
Wouldn't it be wise to include differences of both categories? I thought the intention is to inform both the actual and the new coaches.

I imagine this would become a very helpful reference tool.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball is not optional.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

sheepycollins wrote:

Not giving options on skills would lead to massive abuse, like an ag6 player able to put every diving tackle player on the floor by dodging past them still on a 2+

You entirely missed my point.
Anyways, that would be an interesting thing to see.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Strip Ball is not optional.

And Block, and Tackle, and Two Heads, and Dirty Player, and Mighty Blow, and Accurate, and Extra Arms, and Nerves of Steel, and Jump Up, and Guard, and Sneaky Gits, and Claw, and Foul Appearance, and Disturbing Presence and probably a bunch of others.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Added the list of skills and their level of optionality. I made the list fromt he top of my head, so I'm sure mistakes have been done. Please let me know if there is something that should be fixed.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
Another difference in client:
Quote:
If a player is stunned and then gets hit on their own turn e.g. by a Fanatic or Bomb and the player’s armour is not broken, they do not revert to being prone. They stay stunned. If the armour is broken and a stunned result is rolled, the player will not roll over at the end of their turn, but will miss the next turn.

From here, search for Stunned Players.

how does the client handle this?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Any feedback on the skill list or anything else?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Any feedback on the skill list or anything else?

I think you've done a very good job compiling the list so far.

One thing I noticed "Wizard or Cards cannot be used at turnover IF the turn ended due to a [...] timeout". I've been prompted to use a dirty trick card when having been timed out. Not sure exactly what inducements this "difference" does/does not apply to.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple which may be considered bugs:
1. If you get timed out (yeah - I know all about this) whilst rolling dice for a block the client immediately re-rolls the block dice ignoring the original roll.

2. When the ball is kicked and the ball is due to land off the pitch the ball icon shoes as on the nearest square on the pitch. This can really mess up the play on certain kick off results (e.g. Blitz) if one or more coaches is playing based on the false landing square being shown. Furthermore it is hard to get this right even when you know the ball may have gone out of bounds because the receiving player doesn't get to see the original target square selected by the kicker so the text saying the ball lands 'X squares in direction Y' simply leaves you guessing.
 Jump to: