44 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck! More of this sort of thing, big game start times appreciated!
OTS

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

American top table playing at 10p est / 0400 bbt tonight. Set your alarms.
straume

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2016 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Table 1 in Euro group 4 set for Wednesday at 20 server time.
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2016 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Table 1 in Oceania is playing Sunday at 00:30 server time.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the final Saturday!

I hope everyone is as organised as the above trailblazers! Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a couple of days to go... Speed toward the finish line!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Strength of schedule tiebreaker is total of all opponents points?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As per the rules, it's combined opponent record. This is an important distinction because of the potential heavy forfeit / concession penalty of -5.

Good time for a bump, anyway! 24 hours or so remain (depending on timezone), get 'em done, and we'll finish off those all important groups. Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So how does that work then? Total of wins + draws or as a win%? I ask because Simon's first opponent only played the one game.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Total wins + draws. In the event an opponent drops out, we'll include the replacement's results.

There is no such thing as the perfect tiebreaker. SOS / SOS derivatives have obvious advantages over TD / CAS difference or whatever other system you wish to employ (guess the weight of the cake?!). However, sadly, dropouts are a fact of online life (one we attempt to discourage with heavy penalties / cooling off periods), and they nibble at the satisfaction of the TB.

In the great pantheon of stuff that can go right / wrong outside of your control in a 6 game BB tournament, it's probably not a primary issue. Good luck in your last game, maybe you won't need TBs. Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, cheers. Looks like a draw is good enough then.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't do any maths unless I need to - so don't take my silence as agreement! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

From the group PM...

Hi gang.

Just a quick one tonight: the last round of RTTNAFC '16 is finishing up as I type. With the differing timezone deadlines and a European game or two still underway, I will announce all of our winners and playoff combatants tomorrow, when everything is finally settled.

Until then, thanks for making the RTTNAFC a great tournament once again!

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As per the forum PM, wrap-up!

Hi all!

We’ve come to the end of the Road to the NAF Championship 2016. As ever, there has been some really good Blood Bowl played and I’ve spectated some cracking encounters. Well done to everyone that has taken part!

Now for the glittering prizes! As you know, there was one prize of the 2016 NAF Championship giveaway to be won by a lucky ‘raffle’ winner – a randomly selected coach that completed all 6 games. That coach was iena . Congrats, and I’ll be in touch when I’ve got your sweet loot!

The Stunty Cup was a particularly tightly contested event this year. Previously at Online NAF HQ, we’ve had the top two Stunty teams play off for the honour of being Stunty champions, but in this case, we have 4 teams locked at 5 points. SzierberthAdam’s Ogres and Chavo, phil78 and m0gw41’s Halflings have fought to two wins and a draw each, so it seems sad to separate them by tiebreakers across different groups and timeszones. I’ve contacted our fab four separately by PM, and if they’re game, we’ll have an exciting four team playoff for the Stunty Cup.

Each group in the tournament took some winning, every one was pretty well stacked with good coaches and teams. Congratulations to all of our winners / second placed teams. We only have one main prize (that golden ticket), so the teams in bold have qualified for our 8 team playoff. Coaches, please apply to the European group so I can set this up.

Euro Group 1: Kithor (Dwarf) / Estremo (Amazon)
Euro Group 2: JimmyFantastic (Undead) / Simon_MLF (Chaos Dwarves)
Euro Group 3 Strider84 (Lizardmen) / Endzone (Wood Elves)
Euro Group 4: Jokaero (Dark Elf) / fxiii (Wood Elf)

North America: spock (Lizardmen) / nerdbird (Dwarf)
OCN: Olaf_the_Stout (Norse) / Dazedmw (Undead)

Well done, all! Several coaches put in brilliant performances, but were sadly squeaked out by the odd point or tiebreakers. Special mention to happygrue (Vampires!).

So. What next? When the playoffs are well underway, I’ll be across the BB Internet with details of our next tournament, the NAF Team Challenge. That’s right – the team element from the World Cup Warm Up is back; start putting those bands back together!

If anyone needs more information on the 2016 NAF Championship, shout. It’s quite the show, so if you can make it, you should!

Thanks again for playing and for making the RTTNAFC a great tournament once again.

Phil / Goo.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can u link where I need to apply pls, I am dumb.