21 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valen

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
"@bghandras:
Concerning your draft example: Daniel has to pick last during round 1 - but picks first in all other rounds? Is this correct?"
Yes, that is correct!

Would it not be 1 in round 1, 4 in round 2, then back to 1 hen 4 etc?

Snake draft?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But i would welcome the recommendation of Valen, the chairman of the league's Stadium Commitee to recommend the best coverage for the league from the fan experience (erm - ticket sales) point of view.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

"Snake draft?"
No. Not snake draft. During the FDL i did a value chart, and modelled 5 different methods, and the method i plan to use was the most fair for a wide range of parameters.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note on the draft:
With 16 players the unlucky coach who gets to pick last in the first round will most likely have a huge disadvantage. In US-sports this is intentionally as the draft order is according to the teams' last year performances - the worst team usually picks first.
In our case this penallty is assigned randomly.

A quick idea for a draft that is a bit fairer to all coaches:
All draftable players are assigned to one of four draftpools (so that the four draftpools are equally valuable). Then all coaches are assigned to one of those four pools. So you have four independant drafts where every coach picks at least on position 4 in the first draft round.

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Not 1 to 16 then 16 to 1, 16 to 1. Repeat that once.

First pick is greatand needs to be equaled but my feelings are right now I don't want to get first pick as long run 16th pick in the first round is best.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@b4nshee
The solution is already there. Pod16 will choose 1st in all round except the 1st. My math simulation shows that the difference in value is only 5-10% (for a wide range of parameters) between Pod1 and Pod16. Any other method (for that wide range of parameters) would provide over 10% value difference. I think that 5% value difference is not out of the world, and i strongly recommend using the method i outlined above.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Not 1 to 16 then 16 to 1, 16 to 1. Repeat that once.

First pick is greatand needs to be equaled but my feelings are right now I don't want to get first pick as long run 16th pick in the first round is best.

Well, if you end up at Pod1, then you can try trading the pod, or the 1st pick. I think you have a decent chance to succeed in a trade, as my numbers show pod1 is still better than average.
Valen

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
But i would welcome the recommendation of Valen, the chairman of the league's Stadium Commitee to recommend the best coverage for the league from the fan experience (erm - ticket sales) point of view.

Noted I will make an announcement once we have the 16 combatants Smile
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

What about trades between drafts? I was thinking of trading picks in this draft for a future one or a future one for this draft.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not past round 4 obviously

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
What about trades between drafts? I was thinking of trading picks in this draft for a future one or a future one for this draft.

I think this could work. But i dont want to commit 100% to this just yet.
About trades in general: May adopt a policy from FDL to be able to review the trades with the co-comishioners with the possibility to negate any loopside one.

Generally speaking i would say a future pick is assumed to be about 1 round lower than face value compared to current.
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
@b4nshee
The solution is already there. Pod16 will choose 1st in all round except the 1st. My math simulation shows that the difference in value is only 5-10% (for a wide range of parameters) between Pod1 and Pod16. Any other method (for that wide range of parameters) would provide over 10% value difference. I think that 5% value difference is not out of the world, and i strongly recommend using the method i outlined above.

Ok, thanks for the information.

Another question: Do you already know what the league structure will look like? How many divisions will there be, will there be cross-divisional rounds, how often do you play each other team in your division? Will there be inter-season cups?

Any idea what happens to the teams after the season is over? Any TV cap you have to stay within at the start of season 2? Players leaving their teams? Or will the coaches have full controll over their players?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

b4nshee wrote:
Ok, thanks for the information.

No problem, you are welcome.

b4nshee wrote:
Do you already know what the league structure will look like? How many divisions will there be, will there be cross-divisional rounds, how often do you play each other team in your division? Will there be inter-season cups?

I have ideas, but nothing is set into stone, so i would not publish it. It is a function of the number of teams, and the recommendation of the Stadium Commitee, and what is simple to manage. If you have a preferred method, then put on the forum, and will be reviewed later among the other alternatives.

b4nshee wrote:
Any idea what happens to the teams after the season is over? Any TV cap you have to stay within at the start of season 2? Players leaving their teams? Or will the coaches have full controll over their players?

Yes, this is set. After the season, there will be a draft of 4 rounds. No cap is planned. No forced retirement is planned. My assumption is that enough players will die anyway. So coaches will have full control over the roster, and there will be 2 ways of acquiring players:
- Draft (limited)
- Rookie (unlimited)
The next drafts (so all beyond the 1st) will favour the losing teams. The pods will be assigned according to regular season record.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally would like to see a TV cap system with carry over like in the NFL at the start of a season from previous ones. Though I would allow teams to go over the cap just taking away from the next seasons cap so it is possible for a title push but a season or two later you wold have to trade away a number of stars. The cap would be taken at the start of the season on the TV of the team at the start of the first match. Makes the whole draft and trade managment in the off season more interesting to me. I think they call this a soft cap.

As for the divisions probably 4 teams in each with some variant of cross divisions for who plays who. Not exactly sure right now.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Matthueycamo
I suggest you contact ryanfitz, as FDL is heavy on cap management. You would enjoy that league, if you could play in US time zone.
As this league assumes unlimited gold, the cap seems not feasible. Plus any cap would dramatically increase the number of transactions, and this league will be at the mercy of admin intervention. So i see it a no go.