51 coaches online • Server time: 22:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Five-A-Side Fumbbl!

IKIK theres a 7's league already. Yes there is but this is not 7's its 5's ...so Razz

You:
"Yeah, ok, great, but why should I play?"

Me:
"Well.. not only will ALL 24 LRB6 races will be competing in this league. And beacause these next guys are crazy-mad they rekon they can easily compete in a Five-A-Side competition, so ALL 16 Stunty races will also be showing their faces and sharing their blood on the pitch!"

You:
"How will this work?"

Me:
"Simple really. The main league will be Open, so using gamefinder to find most matches. Teams will be prefixed with [5AS] (or somthing to that effect. Then on-top of that we'll hold various Tournements throughout the year where competeing teams can play for fame and glory!"

Nameless face:
"This will be an epic showdown like no other..."

You:
"What else is attractive about this league?"

Me:
"Well, not only will games be short fast an fun fun fun in the sun sun sun BUT because a team will consist of so few players as 7 total (5 on pitch and 2 in reserve) these players are likely to skill up quickly! which means they will have more time to learn even more skills!!, we are talking major madness here, imagine a movment 8, agility 3 surehands dodging leaping kroxigor! well maybe not that mad but the teams players will certaily be some of the more competative the playing fields have seen of late."

You:
"Ok cool, you got me, where do I sign Mr!?"

Me:
"Well if your interested in this let me know by replying here in this thread and I will get back to you sony."

PS: I've a feeling THIS could be alot fun. I want your feedback, comments, critisims ect.ect.ect.ect.ect!

PSPS:

Custom SPP Limits: (for madmenz)

Starting Treasury: (for competativness)

Setup:

A maximum of 2 players may be set up in each widezone.
A maximum of 5 players may be set up on the field.
A minimum of 0 players must be set up on the line of scrimmage.

Last edited by deyempe on Jun 04, 2016 - 16:59; edited 2 times in total
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

"placeholder"
zhraia

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm always interested in weird formats like this, and I have some questions/suggestions.

What will the rosters be? Can I just pick any 5 players from a team or will there you try to balance the teams? We saw that elves were pretty good in bb7 where the positionals were halved, but if you allow any 5 players it could change things. Any 5 could be both unbalanced and fun: 4 chaos warrior+minotaur, 5 ogres, 4 amazon blitzers+something else, etc. I had an idea about a no-linemen league with 5 players on the field, noblemen playing by themselves.

I would prefer some kind of league/tournament format, instead of playing over gamefinder. Having some way to organize, se who you will play, prevent someone from playing to many/to few games. Open round robin can work if you want freedom. Some kind of finals/championship would also be nice.

Rules? I'm thinking about inducements, how many games you can/should play. Do you want some extra rules, like spiked ball, nerfed clawpomb, extra cards, better fouling, banning elves, players must me named after 70's glam metal bands?

Can you have stunty races with a custom ruleset? I didn't think you could!
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What will the rosters be?

My first thought was and still is my prefferance that teams can be composed of any positionals the coach deems fit, attempting to balance will create a complexity im not willing to indulge in, reason is I want this to be easy access for coaches, but also fun and challenging, not knowing whats coming is both fun and challenging impo.

Quote:
I would prefer some kind of league/tournament format, instead of playing over gamefinder

That could be the way for sure. I suggested gamefinder as the main route simply so more games can be played, as and when coaches want.

Then ofc there would be season tournements which are either round robins or sheduled format, with differant TV tiers.

Quote:
Rules

My first thought was nothing differant, again for ease of use.

However I understand the need for some restrictions here and there but for the first while I belive nothing differant is the best route to take in regards to this group.

Last edited by deyempe on Jun 04, 2016 - 17:00; edited 1 time in total
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just dont get it... imo this sounds greta. How do other commishioners drum up such interest.

I quit.

thanks for your interset xD

EDIT: Bad Hair Day!!!

Last edited by deyempe on Apr 24, 2016 - 19:04; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that many people have not even read it yet.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

200+ views and 2 replys including yours Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate that you don't get a skill at 1000 spp...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
I just dont get it... imo this sounds greta. How do other commishioners drum up such interest.

I quit.

thanks for your interset xD

by not being a drama queen and waiting more than a day for people to reply?

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
quoting deyempe while stomping on some sacrificial fling somewhere

5 fouls, quick matches. either because or you're gettin sent off, or because you've SMASHED the opposition.

I'd call in master Rabe for this, the BGA Arena packs the punch, the fun and the quickness. I could giv it a go, mister.

zhraia

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to wait a week at least to judge interest. Not everyone is online every day and far from everyone will notice a new thread, unless they see it under "recent forum topics" or in a blog.

Write a blog and a forum thread, bump the thread a few times (with relevant information ideally). Have clear, easy to read rules and ideas.
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like a cool idea to me. I am always up for interesting rules! Where do I sign up?
Endzone

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am tempted...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I am somewhat interested too. But i will go on vacation for a week, and decide afterwards.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it might be a good idea to restrict rosters to one of each positional type to some extent. ( I think woodelves with 2 wardancers or dark elves with all blitzers / witch elves would be massively overpowered.) Something like:

Rule: Each roster may have a maximum of 4 positionals (including available Big Guys)and a duplicate positional may only be taken when each of the other available positional types are already taken.

e.g.

Woodelf

Wardancer
Treeman
Thrower
Catcher
3 linemen

Chaos Dwarf

Minotaur
Bull
Chaos Dwarf
Bull