55 coaches online • Server time: 01:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Spartak Sinobol

ahah, you know you are getting famous when people start writing your name correctly.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

25 hours to go. 25 hours and we will be complete!

More specifically, Europe will be. The NA group is ahead as ever. Well done guys, happygrue must be pretty scary. Smile

Expect a wrap up after the deadline tomorrow with details of playoffs, other successes and what comes next.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Please find below the final group PM! I will be around advertising the playoffs soon enough. Until then, thanks to everyone who took part in a great tournament!

Hi gang!

We are currently reaching the end of round five (just tidying up a couple of final games), and with it, the NAF Team Challenge Group stage. There has been some lovely team-themed Blood Bowl played and a very high game completion rate throughout. Thank you to our brilliant tournament staff, to Wreckage for his great scoring script and to all of you for getting the vast majority of games played without hassle and in good time!

Now for the playoffs! As I look at the (almost) final live score table, Team Hellhound have come top with a very impressive 32 points from a possible 40. Waterbowl Euro Friends join Hellhound in automatically qualifying for the last four on 28; beating out two sides on the same number of points by virtue of using higher tier teams and winning the first tiebreaker.

Wildcard week will be contested between three French teams and Team Fantastic. The Fantastic ones (28 pts) will face Jack the Uber (26), and Joe le Taxi (28 ) will meet #fumbbl.fr (26) for those final two spots in the four team playoff. There is a very condensed field following closely behind Jack the Uber. The eight teams on 23 points or more will be left wondering 'if only'...

Congratulations to all of our playoff teams, and I'll be in touch with the captains shortly about kicking off the final bracket.

Our top four performing Stunty teams (with the points so close, it would seem too harsh to split them) were Krom72's Goblins and ThierryM's Ogres representing #fumbbl.fr and Zed's 'Flings and SzieberthAdam's Ogres from The Titchy & Stunty Show. It's pretty impressive the #fumbbl.fr playoff team features two Stunties! I think we have discovered the neutral's favourites. Wink

Finally on results, here are the individual group winners. Even though there are no individual playoffs this time, it's always worth calling these guys out. Well done all!

Euro Group 1: Strider84 (Wood Elf)
Euro Group 2: Jokaero (Dark Elf)
Euro Group 3: didier59 (Undead)
Euro Group 4: simon_MLF (Wood Elf)
North America: Wreckage (Slann)

So. What is our next tournament? When the playoffs are well underway, I’ll be across the BB Internet with details of our next event, and this time we're going to Canada for NAF Major link-up action. Be ready find out what a Spike! Magazine trophy tournament will be all aboot (sorry, couldn't resist).

Thanks again for playing and for making the NTC a great tournament. I'll be advertising those big playoff games, I hope you'll tune in with me for all of the fun.

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The playoffs are GO!

Please check the group page for all of the Wildcard Week games!

Participants, post start times so we can come watch!

Good luck to all.
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My dark elf mirror game is tonight at 22:15 bbtime.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good start, thank you! Smile
happygrue

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a blast just as last year. Thanks for putting it all together goo! Let's hope there is still a CRP (or better) to run for next year...? Wink

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Justicum and I will battle out a captains match on Monday at 21:00 server time. Undead v Woodies. May the best elves win! Wink
fxiii

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hi Phil, any deadline expected ?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

We are a tad looser in the playoff section of tournaments. I would like week to week rounds, but I appreciate we're now playing across time zones in some circumstances.

If it's looking like your game won't be played by next weekend, shout me.

I'm sure we'll be back, grue. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 17, 2016 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like we have our first Wildcard winner!

By my maths, Team Fantastic v Jack the Uber finished 2-2-2 with the captains fighting to a tie. Due to TF's higher seeding, they progress. How close is that? What a brilliant round!

Who will join them and claim the final spot in the last four..?
azzroag

Post   Posted: May 17, 2016 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the 2 last game for WC will start tonight : marco27 vs me in a few minutes and then krom vs simon at 22.00

the captain game will be very important
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 17, 2016 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent news and advertisement! Smile

If all goes well and the games are played, I'll do the draw for the final four tomorrow night. Exciting! Very Happy
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 17, 2016 - 23:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that Flandastic oughta get an automatic join for OBVIOUSLY the best team logo... But not everyone agrees with genius. Wink
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

At real TT tournaments, as most of us know, there is some kind of addressing the crowd at the end. It would be nice to get a pm for not making the playoffs, or a thanks for participating pm. I wasn't sure how the Tournament ended to be honest. My team got ousted, and haven't heard anything prior to seeing this in the Forum.

This is just some healthy advice, not trying to sound bitchy. The tournament was great fun, and it came down to my final game for winning my Bracket. Ill defiantly enter into more of these.

Jeffro
 Jump to: