32 coaches online • Server time: 14:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya Keggie. I did send the PM of which you speak, summarising the tournament, thanking people and explaining who had made the playoffs (it's also reproduced above). The site says you've not yet read it, but it is there! Smile

I'll summarise Wildcard Week and draw the final four later. Looks like the other fixture was as close as the Fantastic v Uber game...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

All right then! Since the Playoff semi-finals have just been randomly drawn, let's review Wildcard Week!

(3) Team Fantastic 2-2-2 Jack the Uber (6)

Third seeds Team Fantastic (Coach / team quoted in order of fixture: Malmir / DE, Relezite / Nec, Wreckage / Slann. JimmyFantastic / Hum, PeteW / CD and Endzone / WE) battled to a 2/2/2 W/D/L with sixth seeds Jack the Uber (Thot / DE, gus.dwarf / Dwa, fxiii / WE, olivierdulac / Nec, Guizmo / HE, Justicium / Und). It could not have been any closer; a hard fought tie in the fixture meant that we went down to tie-breakers to establish who would advance. The first tie-breaker of captain's fixture ended 1-1 between Endzone and Justicium in a classic tier one powerhouse contest. With no winner there, TF advanced due to seeding established in the group stage. The four winning coaches here were Relezite and PeteW for TF, and Thot and olivierdulac for JtU.

(4) Joe le Taxi 1-4-1 #fumbbl.fr (5)

Perhaps it could have actually been closer? Wink Reigning team champions from the WCWU Joe le Taxi (Simon_MLF / WE, Bucks / Ama, azzroag / Und, geggster / Dwa, felix_le / Pact, Nathaniel_FR / CD) managed to draw four games with fellow Frenchmen #fumbbl.fr (Krom72 / Gob, sharkrudi / Khem, Marco27 / DE, Doofr / WE, didier59 / Und, ThierryM / Ogre), and again, the captain's fixture was a 1-1 tie between azzroag and Marco27, so the higher seed advances. But look at those #fumbbl.fr races! If a moral victory exists in Blood Bowl, surely this must have been it? Average tier of team was the first TB in the group stages, perhaps next time it will make it into the playoffs, and #fumbbl.fr will have the last laugh... The two winners here were felix_le and sharkrudi. Well done to you both!

I think you'll agree, Wildcard Week generated two brilliant fixtures that went right to the wire. Many of the games had over ten spectators, and the noise as coaches roared on their teammates was enough to almost blow my speakers. Smile The Blood Bowl can only continue to captivate as we move into the final four.

Those all important semi-final fixtures are:

(1) Team Hellhound v Team Fantastic (3) and (2) Waterbowl Eurofriends v Joe le Taxi (4). You can assess the fixtures that have come out of the hat on the group page. The first things that sprang to my attention are the faceoffs between the captains (Strider84 and Endzone in a Woodie-off and mubo and azzroag in Undead v Undead action). It'll also be fun to see how Oventa's Vampires do against JimmyFantastic's Humans, and if nippylongskar's Pro Elves survive Nathaniel_FR's CDs.

Who are your picks? Can you even pick a winner, what with how close it has been so far? Will Joe le Taxi retain their FUMBBL crown? I hope all of the games will be advertised, and we can look on and enjoy these fixtures as they unfold. Exciting stuff! Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Semis will be 6/0/0 for Team Fantastic. The unimportant other semi is going to be 3/0/3. Final will be 5/1/0 for Team Fantastic. This is objective and result of deep analysis of the teams previous performances. No bias.
Any other outcome is just lucking.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You should do Purple Picks. Who is going to let TF down and only win 3-0? Wink
felix_le

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Special offer on handbag tomorrow at 22:00.

Take your tickets !
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hiya Keggie. I did send the PM of which you speak, summarising the tournament, thanking people and explaining who had made the playoffs (it's also reproduced above). The site says you've not yet read it, but it is there! Smile

I'll summarise Wildcard Week and draw the final four later. Looks like the other fixture was as close as the Fantastic v Uber game...

Yeah, just for others, I missed the pm somehow. Thanks PG

Jeffro
azzroag

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The captain game between Mubo and I will stay on friday 26. I will ask to m'y team mates to play théier game before or at least friday 26
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 20, 2016 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The other captain game will take place tuesday 21:30
azzroag

Post   Posted: May 20, 2016 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

we have 2 game tonight for our round !
felix_le

Post   Posted: May 20, 2016 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulrik is scared, so, we report the match monday 21:00.
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies to Candlejack and his team for my ungracious comments at half time in our match. I felt hard done by, by the dice, but that's not an excuse to moan like I did. I've been diced numerous time in tournies and taken it, I'd like to think, pretty well. The only 'excuse' I can offer, which isn't one I know, is that other people were dependent on my result, which made it seem more important as I didn't want to let the team down. You played very well Candlejack and I hope there are no hard feelings - gl in the finals should you make it.
Endzone

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear, hear!
Endzone

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tune in tomorrow evening folks for the all important captain's clash: Strider84 v Endzone. It promises to be a Woodelf mirror match extravaganza!
felix_le

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What a draw here Oo
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

After a intense capain's game in favour of Team Hellhound we have made it to the final with one game still outstanding. The games were really close and we surely had nuffls support in one or the other game. Thank team fantastic for a fantastic semifinal.
 Jump to: