42 coaches online • Server time: 13:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
magictobe

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this correct? Troubadoerken and djutog in our team are playing both against wood elves. Is this not team against team then?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The score list is up. The group captains can get in touch with me to correct the coaches with incorrect names.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Leipziger_Waterbowl wrote:
1 - Will there be Purple Picks, Phil?

I think that's unlikely, this time (damned real life, I'm not even playing). Perhaps when we reach the playoff stage. Game time posts are encouraged, as is any fluff anyone wants to break out. Wink

keggiemckill wrote:
I'm the only one to take Morg? You sissies!

Is there a list of teams?

Yes, you're the only Morg (MORG!). As for a list, I guess the group page?

magictobe wrote:
Is this correct? Troubadoerken and djutog in our team are playing both against wood elves. Is this not team against team then?

You're the second tabletop coach to have been confused by the format, so you're not alone.

Team vs. team all the way through as you're used to is, of course, the dream. However, FUMBBL currently does not have the infrastructure for this. Instead, we do it as per the rulespack with two stages:

Swiss groups of approximately 30 teams formed according to timezone will run concurrently. The group stage will be played individually, and points accrued will combine to give a team total at the end of the group stage. An overall winning team will then be crowned via a team v team playoff

Whilst an individual Swiss stage followed by team v team playoffs is not how you'd do it if you had a magic wand (I can manually draw and fettle 6 teams for 3 weeks, not over 20 for 8!), it does actually work pretty well for our purposes. Note the word 'individual', you may even play someone from your own team in the initial stage, since groups are randomly drawn. The way the scoring system and playoffs are set up, that should not be too influential (deliberately).

We try our best to recreate the flavour of a tabletop tournament with the online tools available. This seemed to work pretty well last time, I promise live score fever will take hold, and the team aspect will come to life as the rounds progress and the /cheers rain down from the stands. Wink

Wreckage wrote:
The score list is up. The group captains can get in touch with me to correct the coaches with incorrect names.

Brilliant! Team captains, please help Wreckage out! Game on. Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely to see so many games underway tonight. You should be well into contacting those opponents and arranging times to play.

Keep one eye on that live scoring link above, who will take the earliest of leads? Wink
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2016 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We will!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2016 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My Mighty zug does not list :/ but i know why... just if you wanted to correct it.. Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I shall put it on tomorrow if it's not already there.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2016 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Thursday morning! You should be well into game organisation, if you've not played already.

If you're having issues, you might want to think about including your staff member in discussions. Note that isn't me, check your group!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2016 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

TFI Friday. F being FUMBBL, of course.

Anyone yet to organise a game should be copying in staff members now. We've a waiting list chomping at the bit and we want everyone playing Blood Bowl, so make sure those game are played!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

About 2 days to go, and no one has yet reached 8 points! Can anyone do it in round one?

You know where your staff are if your game is looking tricky to schedule.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
About 2 days to go, and no one has yet reached 8 points! Can anyone do it in round one?

You know where your staff are if your game is looking tricky to schedule.

I think it's very likely. There are at least 5 teams that only need one win to make 8. Team Fantastic is on six with three unplayed games but has to deal with an internal match, so it will depend on Pete.
Other than that I'm cheering for Lunchtime Legends..
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We shall see!

I'll summarise the playoff spots on Monday night, nice touch with the gold / silver headings.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

(I suspect Monday night will be relatively busy. I think at least a couple of the remaining games will be scheduled for after coaches return from this weekend at the Dungeonbowl in Germany. Maybe one of them will be a big winner? Wink)

Edit: Big thanks to WhatBall for resizing our group logo. Great to have the page looking pretty! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight's the night!

The North American group is already into round two, and all of the Euro groups are very close to completion. Let's get 100 %! Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

R2 PM below. Great work everyone, please keep up the brilliant pace! Very Happy

I'll have a look at the team table tomorrow, and post some up to date scores in the Team Scoring thread.

Hi guys!

Please continue not to reply to this PM, instead use the forum for all discussion.

Fantastic job in round one! It looks like we will either get 66 or 67 games from 67 played, which is excellent. Keep up the brilliant work! The final results will be coming in and the staff will be sweeping up that final game in the very near future, so we should be in round 2 everywhere soon.

Wreckage's script provides us with live scores, and it looks like we have three teams on a maximum eight points! Congratulations to Presidential Fortune, Jack the Uber and Verikulho! With a lot of big names sitting within striking distance and four games to play, anything could happen, but these three couldn't have wished for a better start.

Round 2 ends on Monday night, 18th April at 22:00 server time. You know who your staff members are!

Good luck!

Phil.
 Jump to: