14 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Friday already. Where does the time go?!

If scheduling your game is looking tough, you know where the staff are. Get them played! Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Not long left at all now to get those games played! I hope everyone is organised, but if not you know where we are. Smile
Strider84

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight at 21:30 the Captians of currently top 2 teams Veriikhulo and Team hellhound will battle it out for place number one after 3 rounds.

Will the 5 Tentacle Chaos team of Stonetroll be able to contain my woodies? will the Block Mino kick them off the field like flies? Or will the blocks without block cause a game breaking trunover to give the woodies a sudden chance?

Be there tonight for a not so common matchup of 2 not so bad coaches
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Red rover, red rover, I call Wreckage over!

Jeffro
Ulrik

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you play against the same team twice?
Or is it part of swiss to account for that and not scheduled against some one allready played?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulrik wrote:
Can you play against the same team twice?
Or is it part of swiss to account for that and not scheduled against some one allready played?

It's not impossible, but unlikely. Generally when there is an option with two teams that haven't faced each other, that option will be preferred. In the context of a swiss with so many coaches you can predict your opponents fairly well. Just as Keggie did.
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello folks

Goo' is a little indisposed at the moment, as his missus has just 'dropped' a smaller version of Goo. So big congrats to the new parents.

So sadly that means for the rest of you, its me as stand-in.

The 3rd Round is now completed and the 4th Round is now up and running. Please start contacting your respective opponents.

Once Goo as recovered, he'll be back with more info on how things are going.

Cheers
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Prez and staff, great job!

Full update to follow in due course, but it's probably worth reminding everyone that this weekend is the NAF Championship in Nottingham. We're lucky enough to have loads of NTC coaches (I'm happy to say from both sides of the Atlantic) attending, so please do all you can to give travelers the help they need by scheduling early.

It's also probably a good idea to congratulate Jokaero one more time publicly. He'll be using his golden ticket for winning the RTTNAFC at next year's event.

If you need the staff, they're there. Get 'em played! Smile
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Question about the tiebreakers: For tiebreakers between different teams, is the sum of the FULL team or the SCORING teams used? For example, right now the tiebreakers seem to be based on the total tiers of 6 teams, regardless of which 4 are used to determine the team score.

I had assumed that it's the 4 scoring teams that actually "count" for tiebreaker purposes, but I don't really know?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Question about the tiebreakers: For tiebreakers between different teams, is the sum of the FULL team or the SCORING teams used? For example, right now the tiebreakers seem to be based on the total tiers of 6 teams, regardless of which 4 are used to determine the team score.

I had assumed that it's the 4 scoring teams that actually "count" for tiebreaker purposes, but I don't really know?

That's how I understood them to work based on the message Goo send to the captains, which Endzone in turn posted to us. Smile
Based on all six coaches.

I think he actually said: It is the sum of six. But if it's less than six coaches he will divide it by the number of coaches to compare.

Mathematically if both teams have six coaches it doesn't matter if you divide them by six or not, the order would be the same in both cases. For the table I opted just to divide every tier by number of coaches since that made them comparable between everyone.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to add I stumble sometimes here and there over small issues. Like for instance did I have set the round 2 scores to private earlier. Nobody could see them but me.
I never get any feedback on these things unless I figure them out myself and would just generally appreciate if people just try to be a little less polite and just tell me when they think something is off. I don't get a ton of feedback with anything I do really.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If all teams are counted for the group tiebreaker then I think the script is working as intended. EDIT: And I haven't noticed any of the other issues, AFAIK it's been working great!

To my mind, if a group of two T1, two T2, and two T3 teams has their score based on the T2 and T3 teams, they seem like they've earned more than a similar group who is scoring the T1 and T2 teams. However, I ask only as a question. I expect the result to be minimal and it might not be worth the added complexity to alter the maths. Just curious!

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Mathematically if both teams have six coaches it doesn't matter if you divide them by six or not, the order would be the same in both cases. For the table I opted just to divide every tier by number of coaches since that made them comparable between everyone.
The number of teams is not the issue, it's which teams are actually doing well. If I have elves, dark elves, wood elves, and high elves and go 3-1-1 each, is that a "worse" team than an identical team that also has an additional Halfling and ogre team that go 0-5? It's not really a question for you, though, but for goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi chaps.

Appreciate the chat on the matter, and the arguments laid out above. This time it is the sum of all of the teams. Although I see the point that a 'tacked on' T3 team doing badly helping tiebreaker despite not contributing to score feels a bit odd, this time they do contribute. At the end of the day, two possible non scoring slots isn't a huge safety net at all, so no one would deliberately take a team they'd tank with to win a tiebreaker, especially with playoffs to win! Maybe next time we'll look at it again.

It is only a TB. Whilst I appreciate it might be important in the end, teams are nicely spacing out a little as we move into the penultimate round. Can Hellhound be caught? Get those games played, all! Smile
 Jump to: