52 coaches online • Server time: 22:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
polemarch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yippee..... we have an UNDEAD derby to kick off the season. Woot as I am looking forward to this and despite what Tomay says, I have always had REAL DICE.... I just ain't that good at predicting what they will roll and timing my moves accordingly ;-P

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

*rubs hands with glee*

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
almic85

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to coach almic85’s predictions for his teams performance in this seasons the King Jareth Regional LXIV.

The highest TV team this season is Polemarch’s White Fluffy Stuff coming in at 1720TV, with Kothi sitting at 1620TV (and with some nasty +stat orcs) and cdwat;s Griffon Gate sentinels sitting a bit lower at 1600TV.

The lower end of the spectrum starts with yours truly and the Southern Warpstone Scavengers (GO SCAVS!!!) at a measly 1200TV after three seasons of building, Geoffro and his CD’s Fatality101 at a lowly 1250TV and tribalsinner’s Macabre Morticians just outsizing them at 1260TV.

With an average TV of 1400-1450 in this regional and the biggest TV differential only being 520TV the scavengers should see a significant reduction in the number of star players induced this season and might just have to learn to win some games all on their lonesome.

This season draw and predictions for each game are as follows.

Bye vs Colour of Money – Goblins 1500TV – Pjj
With 10 teams this season we had to miss out on two. I am a little disappointed that I don’t get to take on Pjj’s gobbos as they are one of the teams that I may have actually been able to out muscle this season. With all of those secret weapons though I guess it is safer to skip past them and hopefully get a chance against them in conferences next season. Good luck with all of those secret weapons.

Bye vs Nemesis Demons – Chaos Pact 1590TV – Longshanks
The second team I get to skip this season and I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing is this lovely Chaos Pact team. It is not often you get to take on a team with three big guys and a team with no major stat freaks and no tackle would have been ideal for my two headed gobbos to run around. Hopefully your big guys can splat a few players before I have to take them on (I am looking at your round 1 game in particular!!!).

Round 1 vs Griffon Gate Sentinels – High Elf 1600TV – cdwat
Cdwat has been around the traps with this team for a while and has a decent win loss ratio. With a couple of +stat players and a couple of high movement tackle players this could be a challenge for the Scavs, but seeing the couple of journeymen I give myself a bit of a shot if I can get a couple of good boots in early. Prediction 1-2 loss unless I can get the boot in early and get a numbers advantage.

Round 2 vs White Fluffy Stuff – Undead 1720 TV – Polemarch
Last time I remember playing Polemarch was against a team of leaping frogs and this is about as far as you can get from leaping frogs. The White Fluffy Stuff look like a well rounded undead team with a good distribution of SPP. Three +AG players (2 ghouls and a wight) give these guys a much safer running and passing game, but a lack of tackle should make it easier for me to slip through for some desperation TD’s. Prediction 2-1 win.

Round 3 vs Prancing Unicorns – Orc 1620TV – Keothi
Holy, sweet baby Jeebus what are you doing in reggies? Over 50% of your players are ST4 or better. How did you lose enough games to be relegated down here. With only two blitzers with tackle I am just going to have to see how many turns it will take for you to score with me throwing gobbos under your rolling cage. Hopefully Pjj can do some damage to you the round before or this is going to hurt. Prediction 1-2 loss and lots of dead skaven and gobbos.

Round 4 vs Macabre Morticians – Undead 1260TV – tribalsinner
This looks to be a fresh team ready for the trails and tribulations of SWL regionals. With three rounds to develop a bit more before taking on the Scavs this could go anywhere. Luckily Tribalsinner is up against some of the larger teams in the first three rounds so he shouldn’t get too far ahead. No tackle gives me a chance to slip though the line and score some TD’s with the two headed gobbos, but he has enough hitting power to take out the skaven players and hurt the gobbos when he does hit them. It may come down to how well the Scavs have survived the round before. Prediction 2-1 win if I still have a team. 0-2 loss if I am rebuilding again.

Round 5 vs Black as Death – Human 1380TV – Drakeular
This team looks like it is in a rebuilding phase after only 19 games (I know how that feels) and has a pretty poor win loss record (still better than mine) so I think that this might be one that I have a chance of winning. I can see the interesting skill choices of HMP and diving catch on this team which makes me think that this will be a fun game to play against my TTM action. Prediction 3-2 win if my TTM works.

Round 6 vs Fatality101 – Chaos dwarf 1250TV – Geoffro
Every regionals there is one bogey team that comes pre-jacked with tackle. It is as if someone took a rock and sticky taped a pair of scissors to them and said go f!@# youself paper. With 5 games before I come up against this team and little build so far I am not sure what type of team I will be facing but I know that they will win unless I do something different. A claw, Horns CD blocker and a break tackle, block bull centaur look tough and if this team gets one or two +stat rolls it could grow into something dangerous. Prediction 0-2 loss.

Round 7 vs Shiny Beast of Thought – Amazon 1270TV – CaptainSmiithheart
Blodge, Blodge, Blodge, I love Blodge (when I have it). Nothing revolutionary with this team but they will be hard to beat. Just like me there is plenty of dodge and no tackle so we should both survive for the most part. The tricky bit is going to be avoiding both down rolls. These guys just appear to do everything I do better and with more ST. The only thing I have is TTM and I will TTM t my dying gobbo. Prediction 1-1 draw.

Aside from my own teams predictions above for I guess I see the ladder ending up something like this:
1/ White FluffyStuff. Polemarch is a good coach with a well rounded team. He shouldn’t have too many issues this season.
2/ Prancing Unicorns. Keothi shouldn’t be losing too many games with those players.
3/ Griffon Gate Sentinels. Needs a rebuild but should be able to get there this season.
4/ Colour of Money. There is only one high tackle team so you should be able to score some TSD’s and get some wins. Get out of reggies already!!!
The dark horses are Fatality101 and Shiny beast of Thought. Both are cheesy builds that can goa long way if coached properly. I haven’t really seen them coach but if they don’t get out of reggies this season they should be into conferences the season after.
Wooden spoon is a toss up between my own Southern Warpstone Scavengers and Drakeulars’ Black as Death. My own team is, well it’s Underworld with an ordinary coach. Black as Death just look like an uncompetitive build to test out a skill combo. If it works cool, but it looks like it needs a second catcher with diving catch to really be effective and split the defence.
Well there you have it my regional review and predictions for the season.

If you're interested join the Fringe
polemarch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no. I am being smooched to death again before the first play. This is going to be horrible. I imagine that I will melt away due to the heat of expectations. Is there something lower than reggies I can demote too!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's be honest Poley. I also predicted I would win 2-1 so my predictions are total bollocks Smile

If you're interested join the Fringe
Redgum

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have last season's All Stars mostly done, will try and post them up prior to Easter

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, is this the most papery Prem in memory? I like the look of it.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see
I thought "reserve" had something to do with reserving a place in the league.

Last edited by Manzoo on %b %21, %2016 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Conference!!
Oh my :/
suttbutt

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2016 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Damnit Ramchop, now I have to make an Excommunicate traitor page for HAND!!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What a cad!!! There's still a brutal custody battle waging for DustBunny between ramchop and myself.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck to all this season.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

my conference preview is up

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Ripped off at #8. The champ should be #1!

He is Wink

Quote:
Tomay’s Power Rankings

1. Slumbering Skink [+1] Champions again and deservedly number 1.

Game on!

Looks like a smash mouth Conference for the C*A*S this season. Welcome to the meat grinder.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pull it together??? Suck my kiss Tomay you redneck troll. That was a season long dicing of historic proportions and especially effective against a dwarf team.

I cannot wait to "pull it together" against the Blockers.
 Jump to: