52 coaches online • Server time: 13:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcayn

Post 21 Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Each Round (10 days) I will be bringing you the Official DLE Weekly Awards. These awards will come with Badges (still a work in progress) that will be added to the player's bio for winning the award. The DLE has just begun our inaugural season.

DLE Air Player of Week 1: King Hill, Rookie Thrower, Talabheim- King Hill threw 3 completions for 11 squares and a TD. (Just for clarification and future reference this was a passing TD he did not get the 3 SPP for the TD, he threw the ball to the guy who caught it and scored the TD). This TD was on Turn 8 of the first half, after Talabheim had scored a TD on turn 7 and received a Blitz on the Kick-off. After the Cardinals had done there thing on Turn 8 after the blitz, the Sluggers threw a few blocks, knocking the Emsk players away from the loose ball. Hill then scooped up the ball, reversed fields and Tossed a perfect pass to 2nd Round Draft pick Blitzer Troy Niklas, who caught it cleanly and ran it into the endzone for the go ahead score at the half.

DLE Ground Player of Week 1: Fast Eddie, Franchise Catcher, Barboza- Fast Eddie had 2 TDs on 26 squares rushing. While those stats did not lead either category for the week its the style with which Eddie scored that wins him this award. After missing the catch on the initial Kick-off and the ball bouncing over the Line of Scrimmage, Eddie took the ball on the free hand-off and ran straight down the field 13 squares for the opening score. And then basically 30 turns later, with his team down 2-1 on the final turn of the game Eddie put the Bruisers on his back and lead them from defeat to a draw as he caught the pass from Rookie Thrower Alex Smith and sprinted down the sidelines with his blazing speed. A triple GFI dodge through Tackle zones lead to a Barboza TD, breaking the hearts of all of Grenzburg.

DLE Slayer of Week 1: Erasmus James: Franchise Blitzer, Middenheim- For the Game Erasmus James threw 9 blocks. But it's what he did with those 9 blocks that wins him this award. On turn 11 he killed Rookie Lineman David Akers. Three turns later James killed yet another player. This time it was Remas Franchise Player, Randall Cunningham. Three Casualties in one game will usually win you this coveted award but not this week. James with his 2 caused deaths takes it home.

THE DLE PLAY of Week 1: Berry Hooker: UDFA Ogre, Monte Castello- There was quite the interesting series of events on turn 7 of the Wreckers/Grizzlies game. With the ball laying on the ground next to Hooker, the Grizzlies made their move. Praag Franchise Ogre, Lee Roy Salmon shook free of his stupor and blitzed Monte Castello's Franchise Thrower Dunkel Hoffnung, knocking him out with a pile-on and pushing teammate Jace Amaro in the meantime. Amaro, the 1st round pick of the Grizzlies, then dodged free of two Wreckers. He then ran around Hooker and picked up the ball in 2 tackle zones attempting to make the pass to catcher Bashaud Breeland. However the Large and surprisingly athletic Hooker had other ideas, intercepting the pass. Wreckers' team mates then threw several blocks to free him up allowing him to Go For It into the Endzone for the "Pick Six."

DLE Epic Moment of Week 1: Sealver Siliga: Rookie Lineman, Broekwater- Here it is. The epic moment. One we will always remember in the DLE. The first death of a Franchise Player. On the same turn (turn 7) that team mate Jake Matthews ended the career of rookie lineman Mike O'Reilly with a smashed ankle, Patriot Rookie Lineman Sealver Siliga ran across the pitch an delivered the dirty blow with the help of 4 teammates that ended the very short lived career of "the Rev" Jerry Harris.

DLE Sucker of Week 1: Dominique Easley: Round 3 Draft Pick Lineman, Praag- Dominique thought he was a Giant Slayer. After knocking Ogre Berry Hooker to the ground with the assist of two teammates on turn one of their match versus Monte Castello, Easley thought he'd have a go at it alone. Throwing a solo block at the much bigger and stronger Ogre, Easley was pronounced DEAD on the field. However the Praag doctor was able to revive Easley but unable to patch up the smashed hip that happened as well. So for such a bone headed play with such an appropriate result Dominique earns this prestigious award!

For more info on the Draft League Europe you can visit the Group Page at:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10068

You can also check out our Recruitment Thread at:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27665

We aimed to start the league with 16 teams and with the extra demand we began season 1 with 18 franchises. We now have 10 more coaches/owners preparing their expansion franchises for season 2. We have 4 slots open as we hope to expand the League to the NFL-like number of 32 for our Second Season. If you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wahey! The Grizzlies win an award AND a badge. What did we get? What did we get?

Sucker of the week

Blooming fix, elves running the league, slipped on a goblin, grumble grumble

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:

Sucker of the week

At least you got something. :/
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2016 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

IRC Channel is official. It's been registered and Nuffle has blessed us with her presence. Feel free to join us at anytime.

#DLE

Credit goes to: Arcayn

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Draw result of the expansion teams, from pod1 to pod14
1 grunth [DLE] Euresbourgh Blacksmiths
2 DeZigma Templehof Thunder
3 mister__joshua Tilea - Temp
4 Mile9086 Kutenholz Foxes [DLE]
5 mdd31 Kislev Outlaws
6 The_Murker Hargendorf Unicorns
7 ttorvatn Carroburg Crimson Cascade
8 SpecialOne Rotenbach Razorbacks
9 Darkness DunkelBerg White Wolfs
10 Kaiowas [DLE] Wolfsbach Scimitars
11 Danish_Dan Wolfenburg Wolfskins
12 fischer Muckenhof Manticores
13 darkwing2k6 Skar Bay Sharks [DLE]
14 zhraia Drakenhof Legion

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

not to be partial or anything but im gonna be cheering for the darkwing Skar Bay Sharks!
good luck buddy.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mock draft for 1st round:
1 Ryan Tannehill Thrower
2 Dont'a Hightower Blitzer
3 Robert Griffin III Catcher
4 Fletcher Cox Lineman
5 Alshon Jeffery Catcher
6 Coby Fleener Blitzer
7 Brandon Taylor Blitzer
8 Chandler Jones Lineman
9 Kirk Cousins Thrower
10 Kendall Reyes Ogre
11 Derek Wolfe Lineman
12 Melvin Ingram Lineman
13 Stephon Gilmore Catcher
14 Josh LeRibeus Lineman
15 Bobby Wagner Blitzer
16 Malik Jackson Blitzer
17 Quinton Coples Lineman
18 Lavonte David Blitzer
19 Marvin Jones Catcher
20 Kelechi Osemele Lineman
21 Brandon Thompson Lineman
22 Telvin Smith Blitzer
23 Casey Hayward Catcher
24 T. J. Graham Catcher
25 Stephen Hill Catcher
26 James-Michael Johnson Blitzer
27 Riley Reiff Lineman
28 Kevin Zeitler Ogre
29 Mike Adams Ogre
30 Lamar Holmes Ogre
31 Michael Brockers Ogre
32 Andre Branch Blitzer

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused. This is a European league, but it's all American players it appears.
In actuality, I'm just trying to have a bit of fun. Seeing as how this seems to resemble the FDL, you guys are going to have a LOT of fun doing this. If it's anything like our draft was, it will be full of math, wheeling, dealing, etc.

I wish you guys all the best with this!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. All the Euro means is the time zone. Some similarities to FDL, except that money is not a factor at all, so it is all about draft day. (And 16 player rosters, and no inducements.)

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2016 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
not to be partial or anything but im gonna be cheering for the darkwing Skar Bay Sharks!
good luck buddy.

thanks buddy! i shall do my best to crush all mens on my way to glory
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2016 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Each Round (10 days) I will be bringing you the Official DLE Weekly Awards. These awards will come with Badges (still a work in progress) that will be added to the player's bio for winning the award. So here we are with the awards for Round 2.

DLE Air Player of Week 2: Derek Carr, 1st Round Thrower, Remas- Versus Emsk Carr tossed 3 completions (all three going for TDs) for 24 yards. Although this is the Air award I’d also like to mention that in this game Carr had 26 yards on the ground. Of his 3 TD passes he distributed them efficiently, helping catchers Harold Carmichael and Brian Dawkins to skill up as a result.

DLE Ground Player of Week 2: Sammy Watkins, 1st Round Catcher, San Luis In a game that included a League Record 7 total TDs, Watkins scored 3 of them, including a leaping One-Turner at the end of the first half to tie the score at one a piece. And then a quick score on turn 2 of the second half. And then after a quick score by the Gunners, Watkins answered again with his third and final score on turn 5 of the second half, leaving Nuln plenty of time to score the equalizer(but we will get to that later). The 49er catcher had 38 yards in the ground for the game.

DLE Slayer of Week 2: IK Enemkpali: 5th Round Lineman,Erengrad- This week the Slayer goes to the DLE’s most infamous Dirty Player. “The Suckerpunch” as some refer to him has committed a season high 10 fouls in 2 games, including the 6 that he committed in this game before being knocked out for the rest of the game on Turn 3 of the second half. With his 6 fouls (a current league record for a single game), Enemkpali sent 2 major players for the Bruisers to the locker room for the rest of the match. On turn 1 after the Bruisers had scored a quick TD, Enemkpali rushed up to the prone 2nd Round Ogre and with the help of 4 teammates, put the boot to him smashing his hip. Then one play later with Barbosa’s 1st Round Linemen laying on the ground with 2 Vikings surround him, Enemkpali advanced up the pitch to a spot adjacent to the star lino and stomped on his knee, giving him a niggling injury.

THE DLE PLAY of Week 2: De’Anthony Thomas: 4th Round Catcher, Flaschfurt- There have been lots of OTT in the DLE in the first 2 Rounds, but none in my opinion as impressive as the one scored by the Universe to tie the score vs Broekwater at the end of the first half. After shifting 7 players on the Quick Snap, Flaschfurt went to work. With their final re-roll being used on the first block of the turn, they threw two more successful blocks to push Thomas into “Go For It Territory.” Garoppolo then delivered a strike to Thomas, who caught the ball and ran down the field for the score. The great defense that was set up by the Patriots was all for naught.

DLE Epic Moment of Week 2: Jericho Cotchery: Rookie Catcher, Nuln- Here it is. The second epic moment. This is the one I said earlier I would get to. While Ground Player of the Week Sammy Watkins had a great game, he was out done by this rookie Catcher from the other side of the field. Scoring a league record 4 TDs in a single game Cotchery provided us with our Week 2 Epic Moment. After scoring his third touchdown of the game to tie the score and keep up with Watkins on the stat sheet, Cotchery went to work on defense. Turn 7 kick off…. Wouldn’t you know it?? Nuln gets the jump and performs a BLITZ! So the players, including Cotchery, move into position before the ball even hits the ground. Then San Luis’ second string thrower, UDFA Steve Young, (who was sharing the field with the starting thrower at the time) run over and picked up the ball from the deep corner, upon returning to the center of the field, Young, tripped and Stunned himself. Seeing this opportunity Cotchery jets his way over to the loose ball, scoops it up and takes it to the goal line, pausing there. Then the other San Luis Thrower, Franchise player , Cool Hand Joe blitzes Cotchery at the goal line. Rerolling a push into a Skull, Joe hits the turf and Cotchery walks in for his Epic Game Winning 4th score of the day.

DLE Sucker of Week 2: Erasmus James: Franchise Blitzer, Middenland- If it weren’t for death, then the San Luis Thrower Tandem might have shared this award. However this is Blood Bowl, and Blood is what I crave. So with that being said let’s introduce last week’s Slayer of the Week. This week he literally slays himself and wins the Posthumous Sucker of the Week! On turn 12 of their game vs Talabheim, James found himself surrounded by 4 players. So what does the killer do to escape? Blitz his way out? Nah… Block his way out? Nope! He tries to dodge free… The result? Trip and RIP baby!!! SUCKER! See you in the next life.

Currently the DLE sits with 37 interested coaches. Next season we introduce our full league format with 32 teams. Yes, that means we have a waiting list of 5 players currently. However, if you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras. We can add you to the waiting list.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2016 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great read. Made me go back and re-watch the Gunners/49ers match. That was a fun one to play- tense, and jammy, all the way through! Having great fun in this league.
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Each Round (10 days) I will be bringing you the Official DLE Weekly Awards. These awards will come with Badges (NOW AVAILABLE AND DISPLAYED!!!) that will be added to the player's bio for winning the award. So here we are with the awards for Round 3.

Image DLE Air Player of Week 3: Derek Carr, 1st Round Thrower, Remas- Some may say this is a HOMER pick… To those I say, Throw the ball some and give me some options for this award. For the second week in a row Carr brings home this award. With 4 Completions for 15 yards vs San Luis, He leads the league after 3 games with 8 completions for 40 yards.

ImageDLE Ground Player of Week 3: Sammy Watkins, 1st Round Catcher, San Luis Again… A back to back winner for an award. After leading the DLE in yards on the ground in week 2, Watkins does it again in week 3. Scoring 3 TDs and amassing 42 yards, Scootin’ Sammie carried his team to a 4-2 victory over future KFC South rival Remas.

ImageDLE Slayer of Week 3: Anthony Barr: 1st Round Blitzer, Talabheim- This week the Slayer goes to Slugger Blitzer Anthony Barr. In his game vs Broekwater , Barr “outslayed” opposing killer, and league leader in Casualties Caused, Patriots’ Blitzer Don’t’a Hightower. For the game Barr caused 3 CAS including a fractured skull to 3rd Rounder Lamarcus Joyner and the killing of Rookie Chris Harper.

ImageTHE DLE PLAY of Week 3: Dez Bryant: Rookie Catcher,Brionne- Like last week, this week’s Play of the week goes to a OTT. In his only turn of the game vs Monte Castello, Bryant caught the turn 8 pass while covered. He then got pushed around the scrum a bit and popped out the side. He then hustled down the sideline , dodged by Wreckers Blitzer Maurice Van Hoosengold 3 times for the tying score at the half. Brionne then went on to grind out the 2-1 win in the second half.

ImageDLE Epic Moment of Week 3: Devonta Freeman: 6th Round Catcher, Erengrad- Here it is. The third epic moment. This one presents our first comeback victory from being down by 2 scores. Down 2-0 on turn 6 of the first half, Vikings Thrower Shaun Hill dodged left, ran up to the center of the field and threw back to the right side to a covered Devonta Freeman. Freeman made the catch, dodged free and ran in for the score. Two turns later, in a bit of a last second desperation play after Dead Wood’s Odell Beckham tripped and stunned himself, Andre Williams scooped up the loose ball, ran an extra yard, and handed it off to Adrian Peterson at mid-field. Peterson then advanced the ball down field and threw a short pass to Freeman, who caught it and ran in for the tie at the half. The second half was not quite as exciting as Hill threw a pass to “The Other” Davante Adams on turn 1. Adams then moved the ball to the two yard line on Turn 2 and danced around there for the rest of the half before scoring on turn 8 to complete the come from behind victory. For scoring 2 of the 3 touchdowns, this mostly Team deserved award goes to Freeman.

ImageDLE Sucker of Week 3: Mike Evans: 1st Round Catcher, Flaschfurt- I know last week I said that I enjoy blood in my Blood Bowl, and I truly do. However, I also enjoy scoring, and winning. With that being said this week’s sucker goes to the guy who must’ve been paid off by the bookies to not win the game. On the final turn of game vs Emsk, Evans held the ball 9 yards from the endzone. While he was surrounded by several Cardinal players, it would have only taken a couple of easy blocks from team mates and maybe a dodge and a single Go For It to score. And although his team mates threw the blocks that sort of prevented him from scoring, while possessing the ball you are the leader and must direct the appropriate blocks. So for robbing Us of seeing a victory and having to settle for a stupid draw, we honor you with this award. Congrats SUCKER!

Currently the DLE sits with 38 interested coaches. Next season we introduce our full league format with 32 teams. Yes, that means we have a waiting list of 6 players currently. However, if you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras. We can add you to the waiting list.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Also like to mention that the badges were created by the ever-AWESOME b4nshee!

Thanks so much for the hard work and time put into making these.

Jump to: