26 coaches online • Server time: 01:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
You have some interesting ideas and I want to see how they pan out but you have got caught in a defensive cycle.

Do your job and clear out the people who are threadcrapping and I might be able to do that.

You want me to be cool and keep posting good stuff? No problem. But let me breathe, please, man.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
If the Old World is back at war then why are they still playing blood bowl?

Well, you know, the world is always at war (though it's not as bad as the 41st millennium, probably). Main deal is that the elven civil war is running hot again (so don't expect to see any High Elves (well, unless they're in disguise).

The main thing it means is that the warrior caste positionals that were added in third edition are going to be busy going off to war, so we're back to the old days of standard positionals for the most part.

Quote:
Also the 'we invented the game and so must be good at it' argument is totally flawed, as every Englishman should know (e.g Brazil football, Australia cricket, New Zealand rugby etc etc).

England are still really good at all those games, actually, just not the best in the world.

Seriously, never tell a dwarf coach that dwarves suck at BB. They all know Peter Dinklage now, and that guy is dangerous …

Quote:
If you force everybody to do the same it will not be fun for everyone.

Why are you portraying yourself as so vulnerable? You will continue to play the kind of Blood Bowl you love, as will everyone else. Don't panic. No one is screaming.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Seany18 wrote:
so everyone has a load of players. Again I see this favouring the elves av7 against attrition

Yep, maybe, but remember that the handicaps are now going to be based on your most valuable first XI.

That means that expensive elves can always expect to be on the wrong end of the handicap system.

It's no big change for elves. Sure, when your roster is on an up, you can expect to be able to beat anybody, but it's still demanding coaching them — especially in an environment where elfball is not tolerated.

Quote:
So if you're the elves you can't run the big squad everyone else does? Or do you just have to get 15 players with only 4 positionals? I can see people taking the bare 11 to get all the positionals tbh. I don't think undead would butcher you either tbh you have a war dancer a witch elf a blitzer a thrower (if the prices are high as you say I doubt anyone will take this guy over any of the other amazing positionals) and catcher (who has claw?)

Run the numbers for me then. What can you actually afford?

It's a Harlem Globetrotters roster, man. Sure, they may well beat you, but the crowd will love it, they won't care if you put the boot in a bit, and you're lucky they decided to call in at your port at all.

Quote:
Well the sea elves have an ma9 player how are they not going to one turn?

Well, among the coaches I play with, building for one-turn is very disapproved of (there are just so many other uses that player could be put to) and we know how to defend against chainpushes.

Besides, as I said before, the way to stop one-turning completely is exceptionally simple: lengthen the pitch. Impractical for tabletop, perhaps, but these are rules aimed for FUMBBL, and it would not be a hard thing to do in a client at all.

I realise that lengthening the pitch makes caging coaches freak out and think they will never score, but they will. Orcs have catchers again, man!

Last edited by pac on %b %16, %2016 - %22:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
DarthPhysicist wrote:
Next year we get the new GW rules anyway so why bother?

Just what we need. Another rule set by GW that a lot of coaches will cry and moan on why FUMBBL is not up to date.

Iam all in on a FUMBBL rule set and let GW rules die by the wayside.

Has this been a big problem in the past? I would think not.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Hi Pac. Have you got a first draft of the new ruleset done yet? If so please post a link.

Well, no, this is a dervish dance I am doing for you in public. Wink

It has all come together *in my mind*, but it will emerge gradually.

I'm sorry that I have come across to some posters as full of myself — I am just excited because this project has been brewing in my mind for a *very* long time and it's great to be hitting the road with it (knowing that it will bring so many wonderful coaches back to the romance of FUMBBL).

Everything I have posted is subject to change without notice and I welcome detailed criticism and analysis. Nothing I am doing here can ever amount to anything without a critical mass of coaches getting behind it and making a new/modified client happen.

But I hope it will be a fun show whatever happens — for example, we have a Warlock, I have hinted that a Grey Seer may take to the pitch for the rats, and that Hubris Rakarth might be lured out of retirement. Will we see … on-pitch spellcasting, of all things? I don't even know! XD

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Nothing I am doing here will ever amount to anything

fixed that for you :>

now prove me wrong, drunken mid-life crisis guy!

That's Trailer Park Life.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 22:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ffs coombz. he finally shows a dash of humility and you stick the boot in.
coombz

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

foul all mens

That's Trailer Park Life.
Seany18

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

Yep, maybe, but remember that the handicaps are now going to be based on your most valuable first XI.

That means that expensive elves can always expect to be on the wrong end of the handicap system.

right, but there players will be worth every penny, and they can keep some linemen (that are usually expensive) on the bench (and they will make the most use of the bench of course) which wont count towards their team value to counter av7 attrition.

Quote:
It's no big change for elves. Sure, when your roster is on an up, you can expect to be able to beat anybody, but it's still demanding coaching them — especially in an environment where elfball is not tolerated.

My favourite team is wood elves at the momentand I'd say your Sea Elf roster is equally fast and as light on rerolls but with a guy with claw and a witch elf with strength access. As for costing your roster for you I dont know how much these players with different skills on a different team (and a new skill althogether!) should cost. Personally I think this should be considered when creating a roster such that each team has compromises at 1000 TV. As for how I would compromise the sea elf roster I would run all the positionals (bar the pheonix warrior personally I think he's pointless considering the alternative players), kicker all linemen and 1 reroll.
I often run wood elf teams with 2 war dancers 3 catchers a thrower and 1 reroll so I see no reason not to upgrade those 5 positionals to a gutter runner a high elf catcher an elf blitzer and a witch elf with 6347 linemen. Sure you could get more rerolls but all your players are so good that (like with wood elves) I value the positionals more
Quote:
It's a Harlem Globetrotters roster, man. Sure, they may well beat you, but the crowd will love it, they won't care if you put the boot in a bit, and you're lucky they decided to call in at your port at all.

So you are aware that this team is extremely strong? particularly in comparision to the others you suggested? Sure the other rosters get to kill things (well so do the elves really, roll a doubles on your catcher!) but if this roster is stacked with 5 of the best positionals in blood bowl and a hypno gaze player whilst the other rosters are left with the same bland positionals they've always had
Quote:
Well, among the coaches I play with, building for one-turn is very disapproved of (there are just so many other uses that player could be put to) and we know how to defend against chainpushes.

Besides, as I said before, the way to stop one-turning completely is exceptionally simple: lengthen the pitch. Impractical for tabletop, perhaps, but these are rules aimed for FUMBBL, and it would not be a hard thing to do in a client at all.

Well you dont have to have a ma10 sprint player to be able to one turn reliably (if you could share your secrets to stopping chain pushes I'd appreciate it particularly when 2 heads, leap etc are available) and just because it is frowned upon among a group of people doesnt stop the problem (it might among a group of table top players who play in a league with eachother) but in large mainly anonymous online environment I mean people frown on kill stacking players but that doesnt stop people. As for extending the size of the pitch I think you are creating more problems than you are solving
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:
fixed that for you :>

now prove me wrong, drunken mid-life crisis guy!

Again, I appeal to the admins.

Could you ban this threadcrapper, please?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Seany18 wrote:
So you are aware that this team is extremely strong?

No, it is extremely fragile and doomed from the start. Teams that are seriously effective right from TR 100 are going to butcher it.

Why be so mean about a fun, experimental roster that will probably never see a single match? Sad

If you are a WE coach, so am I — these elves may be even more fun than that!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The hostility that this thread has been subjected to has been absolutely sickening.

Many posters here are an absolute disgrace to a lovely hobby that we all enjoy and share and make more fun. (Or we used to. Now all that is left is hate.) Get over yourselves.

The admins have totally failed to apply proper moderation and compel posters to behave in a civil way to each other.

When did FUMBBL sink so low?

I am going to make a new thread in which I will repost the actual content from here. Anyone who wants to have fun with Blood Bowl can rejoin me there and I hope the threadcrappers will go back to the holes they crawled out of and stop bothering people who are doing fun wrong.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
No one is forcing you to read this thread.

What is wrong with you?

From the other thread.

No one forces us do to anything, but when you come in and say you want to change FUMBBL you're not just asking people to join you in some worthless idiotic rule set you had a wet dream about.

You're asking everyone to adopt your pointless rebuild of a game which seems to work just fine.

You don't like it? You know where the door is. Take your own medicine or drop the ridiculous attitude you exhibit.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
From the other thread.

No one forces us do to anything, but when you come in and say you want to change FUMBBL you're not just asking people to join you in some worthless idiotic rule set you had a wet dream about.

You're asking everyone to adopt your pointless rebuild of a game which seems to work just fine.

You don't like it? You know where the door is. Take your own medicine or drop the ridiculous attitude you exhibit.

What on earth is wrong with you?

I am writing Blood Bowl rules, not killing your children.

If you don't like it, stop staring straight at it.

And who do you have on your hook that no admin will ban you for your relentlessly abusive language?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

pac, get off your high horse... if I would take any admin actions I would revoke your forum posting rights for the amount of shit you have been posting.

want to try and create your own ruleset? fine. But dont expect to be treated different than any other coach on this site. people dont take you serious because so far no one got a clue what you actually want to do... nor does your lack of participation for the past 4 years give you any credibility.

Time has changed, and no one gives a flying duck about what you did long long ago...
 Jump to: