18 coaches online • Server time: 05:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking into the terminology for Estalia. What is the difference between a Matador and a Diestro?

Also if Picador and Toreador help Matadors would they not be similar to a squire type semi positional like Bretonnia?
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Pablets wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Yes, and most are old now. There are a few and PBeM. However they're pretty awesome if you get into it, not easy though or worth it if you don't want to invest the time.

I would like to try it. Please, Where can i get this client editor?

There all different. The most complete 2 don't work with the latest Java (I don't think botocs does anyway). The other is LRB4......which ever, you'd have to be willing to downgrade or be able to use 2 different types of java.

If not, maybe grodbot, but I don't think it's easy to edit. It must be editable though.

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

As for editor, probably halflingscribe would work with it.

Ok, but this program only emulate matches. I mean some editor to make new races and then check them in this match emulator. Do you know any program like i´m looking for?
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Looking into the terminology for Estalia. What is the difference between a Matador and a Diestro?

Also if Picador and Toreador help Matadors would they not be similar to a squire type semi positional like Bretonnia?

Not, matador, Picador and Toreador (Torero) are bullfighting terminology. Diestro is an skilled man at arms, in 16-17th centuries a trained soldier with sword and stileto. Thats why sometimes people say diestro to the Torero when kill the bull with the sword. But Warhammer dont say anything about bullfighting in Estalia, better i prefer dont use these terms.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job on the roster. I'm not sure I'm sold on the 80k reroll, as its an unprecedented level of cost. On the other hand I can see Leader being an early double, and maybe it would make a stronger case for a little pro on key playmakers as a third or fourth skill.

Well done.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Nice job on the roster. I'm not sure I'm sold on the 80k reroll, as its an unprecedented level of cost. On the other hand I can see Leader being an early double, and maybe it would make a stronger case for a little pro on key playmakers as a third or fourth skill.

Well done.

Yeah, the 80k reroll is something polemic, but with BB rules is the way i find to explain estalian rivalry.
And of course, estalian are divided people and they need urgently a leader. But in a team with no passing skill that means that when you get a double in skill you got to spend it in leader and sacrificing another options.
Thanks for you opinion.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion 70k Re-roll cost is high enough considering it's a team with no Mutations, no Regeneration access.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %18, %2016 - %15:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 15:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. I don't think a team is going to get less cohesive than Chaos Pact or Underworld, and they only have 70k re-rolls.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I agree. I don't think a team is going to get less cohesive than Chaos Pact or Underworld, and they only have 70k re-rolls.

Exactly.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

Then do you mean that with 70k re-rolls and not throwers is enough to represent "estalian rivalry"?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 15:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely. I think you could get away with 60k, given that normal humans pay 50k for theirs. If you look at the other teams paying 60K (Orcs, Chaos, Skaven - all big on in-fighting) I think that's about right for rivaling humans. Elves, Dwarves, Humans pay 50k, really chaotic teams like Pact, Underworld, plus shambolic (fluff-wise) teams like Undead pay 70k.

Edit: Also, while on the topic of feedback I think I'd try and make the stat lines for the 2 positional types (Guards and Diestros) different from normal linemen. Guards could lose Thick Skull for an Armour, and maybe lose a movement. So 5339 Block GS. The Diestros are Blitzers with A access instead of S. I think they should be Ma7, but they also seem to have a lot of very good skills off-the-bat. Maybe swapping Dodge for a point of Movement would be better. Means they eventually get better, but aren't blodgesteppers at 6spps! Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Definitely. I think you could get away with 60k, given that normal humans pay 50k for theirs. If you look at the other teams paying 60K (Orcs, Chaos, Skaven - all big on in-fighting) I think that's about right for rivaling humans. Elves, Dwarves, Humans pay 50k, really chaotic teams like Pact, Underworld, plus shambolic (fluff-wise) teams like Undead pay 70k.

Edit: Also, while on the topic of feedback I think I'd try and make the stat lines for the 2 positional types (Guards and Diestros) different from normal linemen. Guards could lose Thick Skull for an Armour, and maybe lose a movement. So 5339 Block GS. The Diestros are Blitzers with A access instead of S. I think they should be Ma7, but they also seem to have a lot of very good skills off-the-bat. Maybe swapping Dodge for a point of Movement would be better. Means they eventually get better, but aren't blodgesteppers at 6spps! Razz

Your reasoning about the rivalry has convinced me to decrease the reroll cost to 70k . Estalians has a lot of hatred, envy and betrayal among themselves but certainly no more than those teams you mention.

About the Guard i do not see him like an Orc Blitzer with 5 in movement. I see the Guard as a heavy human blitzer but not enough to raise one point in armour but more resistant to shock than a human blitzer, so i chose Thick Skull option and 6 in movement.

And finally about the Diestro i think that he is a man who doesnt use his body or his strength to reach his goal, Diestro is a man who prefers to use the skill, dexterity and movements masterfully. Thats the reason i chose agility instead strenght.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

But thinking about Diestro positional maybe wasn't good defined. Rogue and Diestro was sharing the same work in team and that made Diestro position a little confusing. So i've decided make the Diestro the offensive player of team, making him faster and i erased Rogue positional.
Thanks everybody for your opinions.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes really make no sense from what you origionally presented to now. The team now has no flavour, it is just humans that feel a bit nerfed.

Sure go for something different to the secret league team but make it more different from normal humans otherwise what is the incentive to play the team over regular humans?

Maybe play around with skill acess a bit. Also less positionals overall does not mean you have to have less types. Probably not something to do if you want the team to have a unique feel.

Bit of a shame as I thought it looked quite promising before as something different.

DLE College 7s
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but we have humans already. So if you add a human roster, they're going to be similar in a lot of ways......because humans are humans. Also why aren't there any famous Estalian teams? Top teams anyway. Probably because they're a bit on the weak side. So new human rosters should be a little weaker than the standard roster.

Not that I'm knocking the lack of cohesion with Estalians, but why exactly? Garion went with it and so are you. I'd have thought there are other rosters that would be less cohesive. I like how Garion dealt with it though, with the animosity.

halflingscribe has a current version. 11 year old one is probably the lrb4 version. I believe the current version works with different rulesets. Anyway all you need is an html editor of some sort.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Pablets wrote:
But thinking about Diestro positional maybe wasn't good defined. Rogue and Diestro was sharing the same work in team and that made Diestro position a little confusing. So i've decided make the Diestro the offensive player of team, making him faster and i erased Rogue positional.
Thanks everybody for your opinions.

I'm not a fan of losing the rogue position. Certainly 4 of your Diestro positions is too powerful when you consider the havoc caused by two pro elf Blitzers. Buts that's just my opinion I suppose.

Join the Human League Premiership!
 Jump to: