39 coaches online • Server time: 09:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think you're right, it's more Bilbao. Can you remove the book link, we can't have links like that here. Dangerous for the site.

Ok, did it. Sorry.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yes, but we have humans already. So if you add a human roster, they're going to be similar in a lot of ways......because humans are humans. Also why aren't there any famous Estalian teams? Top teams anyway. Probably because they're a bit on the weak side. So new human rosters should be a little weaker than the standard roster.

Not that I'm knocking the lack of cohesion with Estalians, but why exactly? Garion went with it and so are you. I'd have thought there are other rosters that would be less cohesive. I like how Garion dealt with it though, with the animosity.

halflingscribe has a current version. 11 year old one is probably the lrb4 version. I believe the current version works with different rulesets. Anyway all you need is an html editor of some sort.

There is a difference between similar and almost the same. The secret league team is similar but some differences to make them feel different enough. This roster, pretty much the same with less positional options.

Norse base humans with a difference, zons base humans with a difference. Bretonnia base humans with a difference, vamps base human with a big difference. This is like base humans with.....humans.

If for example the bull fighting route is gone down the team could mostly start with side step to show the skills of stepping out the way of the bull. Now it starts to have a flavour play a bit different and make them good at countering frenzy players which are like Blood Bowl bulls in a way. Without it being amazing.

DLE College 7s
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Yes, but we have humans already. So if you add a human roster, they're going to be similar in a lot of ways......because humans are humans. Also why aren't there any famous Estalian teams? Top teams anyway. Probably because they're a bit on the weak side. So new human rosters should be a little weaker than the standard roster.

Not that I'm knocking the lack of cohesion with Estalians, but why exactly? Garion went with it and so are you. I'd have thought there are other rosters that would be less cohesive. I like how Garion dealt with it though, with the animosity.

halflingscribe has a current version. 11 year old one is probably the lrb4 version. I believe the current version works with different rulesets. Anyway all you need is an html editor of some sort.

There is a difference between similar and almost the same. The secret league team is similar but some differences to make them feel different enough. This roster, pretty much the same with less positional options.

Norse base humans with a difference, zons base humans with a difference. Bretonnia base humans with a difference, vamps base human with a big difference. This is like base humans with.....humans.

If for example the bull fighting route is gone down the team could mostly start with side step to show the skills of stepping out the way of the bull. Now it starts to have a flavour play a bit different and make them good at countering frenzy players which are like Blood Bowl bulls in a way. Without it being amazing.

Well first of all, bullfighting is not represented in Warhammer, but certainly there is some similarity in the way of fighting of a bullfighter (Matador) or a skilled soldier (Diestro). Both they use skills based on the speed and position.

I understand that you think that this team is a limited copy of the human team. Well, humans are humans, in Estalia or Averland, that´s why they haven´t got strength or agility 4, but there are another diferences.
Anyway i can tell you that the ultimate team is not finished yet . I am evaluating create another position that will make it a different human team, that´s why it´s so important your opinions.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse and Zons were probably a mistake. They don't fit well at all with everything else. The Norse revamp was certainly a mistake (not it's need, but in it's portrayal). Brets you cannot count as official, particularly if you followed the decision making.

So with that you need a VERY good reason to add stats. The bullfighting style positionals however is a very good reason. And support the SS use. If however you just add skills because they play well and think up a reason, it dilutes the whole credibility behind all the work already done.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 14:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well as the Rogue is gone how about this:

0-4 Diestro 90,000 7 2 4 7 Dodge, Side Step, Nerves of Steel, Dauntless GA SP
Maybe that's too many skills on a base player, but you get the feel I'm going for.

Then you keep the Guards the same (though I don't think adding an AV is a bad idea just because it's a Orc Blitzer).

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Norse and Zons were probably a mistake. They don't fit well at all with everything else. The Norse revamp was certainly a mistake (not it's need, but in it's portrayal). Brets you cannot count as official, particularly if you followed the decision making.

So with that you need a VERY good reason to add stats. The bullfighting style positionals however is a very good reason. And support the SS use. If however you just add skills because they play well and think up a reason, it dilutes the whole credibility behind all the work already done.

Thats what i try, mate.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably get rid of base dodge. With GA acess that is not hard to build up with blodge by 16 spp on normals. The other skills fit nicely, is AG4 too much? Maybe for a 0-4 positional, but why not have 3 positionals 0-4, 0-2, 0-2? I also wonder whether a mino with no mutation acess even on doubles would fit the team better fluff wise than an ogre. Like the team have tied to tame a bullman to play with them. No mutations because they are not a chaotic team. Just a thought.

DLE College 7s
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 16:10
FUMBBL Staff

I love the Mino idea! Technically worse, but great image and fun! Very Happy

You could lose dodge, though that's their real power skill.

Not trying to take over Pablets idea here, just a post to collect some thoughts:
0-16 Lineman 50,000 6 3 3 8 G SAP
0-4 Diestro 80,000 7 2 4 7 Dauntless, Nerves of Steel, Side Step GA SP
0-4 Guard 90,000 6 3 3 9 Block GS AP
0-1 Minotaur 140,000 5 5 2 8 Loner, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Wild Animal S GAP

Re-roll counter 60,000
Apothecary Yes
Star Players Human

Also Pablets, when you change your original roster in the opening post it's worthwhile keeping the old one in their too so people can see the changes. Currently there is no reference to the Rogue that we're discussing.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I love the Mino idea! Technically worse, but great image and fun! Very Happy

You could lose dodge, though that's their real power skill.

Not trying to take over Pablets idea here, just a post to collect some thoughts:
0-16 Lineman 50,000 6 3 3 8 G SAP
0-4 Diestro 80,000 7 2 4 7 Dauntless, Nerves of Steel, Side Step GA SP
0-4 Guard 90,000 6 3 3 9 Block GS AP
0-1 Minotaur 140,000 5 5 2 8 Loner, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Wild Animal S GAP

Re-roll counter 60,000
Apothecary Yes
Star Players Human

Also Pablets, when you change your original roster in the opening post it's worthwhile keeping the old one in their too so people can see the changes. Currently there is no reference to the Rogue that we're discussing.

Well i like your point of view but i dont see Diestros like this, I think these Diestros will die faster than an skaven, i see them strongers and more dificult to knock down. And too many skills for begginer Diestro.

Guards are orcs blitzers.

And i love Mino more than Ogre but i got not information about Minos in Estalia, for analogy with Empire human i chose the Ogre.

And tonight i`ll add what i'm thinking to change.

Last edited by Pablets on %b %19, %2016 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 17:27
FUMBBL Staff

Yeah, I went for kind of a hybrid catcher/blitzer thing. You could swap their skills back to just Dodge, Side-Step. I think Str2 Ag4 fits quite well for a player that beats opponents with guile and speed rather than strength, though.

The Guard was priced like that as he's good, and the Orc blitzer is undercosted. Plus I made the Diestros cheaper. It's your rodeo though, so do whatever you feel is best Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mates, i made my last modification. Bye bye Ogre, hello Myrmidia Sister. What do you think?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 11:30
FUMBBL Staff

I don't know what a Myrmidia Sister is, but she seems expensive to me for what you get. Plus having Leader on a 0-2 positional seems wrong. The second one isn't very good value then, and the first one is an easy pick over a re-roll at team creation (70k vs 110k makes it cheaper than lineman + re-roll)

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I don't know what a Myrmidia Sister is, but she seems expensive to me for what you get. Plus having Leader on a 0-2 positional seems wrong. The second one isn't very good value then, and the first one is an easy pick over a re-roll at team creation (70k vs 110k makes it cheaper than lineman + re-roll)

Joshua You must assess the cost rerolls 70,000 and nobody can take Leader skill without a double. If you spend the first double in Leader you have to sacrifice other options such as pass skill, which may be the most important of which are missing in this team. Furthermore, this team does not have big boys or anyone with strength greater than 3 so someone with dauntless and block can be very useful, so I think the price is worth it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 12:39
FUMBBL Staff

Well, that's sort of what I was saying. For the first it's more than worth it, it's strictly better than buying a lineman and a re-roll. You should try to avoid automatic picks. For the second it's almost never worth it, as you're paying 60k for block and dauntless. Also what is a Myrmidia Sister?

I like Big Guys, so my opinion on removing them may be biased. I liked the Ogre. Loved the Minotaur suggestion (even though he's worse). Even so, I think this Myrmidia is my least favourite of the positionals you've suggested. Make of that what you will Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I don't know what a Myrmidia Sister is

Mirmidia Cult is the religion of Estalians. It is described in the second edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay where it says that there are many different orders .
Sister is my understanding a variation of the name Priest. In This cult men and women can be priest, indeed the chief of the cult is one such Isabella. I chose sisters therefore that Myrmidia was a woman and thus also give more variety to tetosteronic Blood Bowl.
 Jump to: