44 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Well, that's sort of what I was saying. For the first it's more than worth it, it's strictly better than buying a lineman and a re-roll. You should try to avoid automatic picks. For the second it's almost never worth it, as you're paying 60k for block and dauntless. Also what is a Myrmidia Sister?

I like Big Guys, so my opinion on removing them may be biased. I liked the Ogre. Loved the Minotaur suggestion (even though he's worse). Even so, I think this Myrmidia is my least favourite of the positionals you've suggested. Make of that what you will Smile

I decided to remove the big boy because, as some said with which I agree, the team seemed a limited copy of the human team, which is difficult to avoid being human.
The problem with the minotaur is that I see no connection with estalians in the world of Blood Bowl to justify its existence on the team. If estalians were an exact copy of the Spaniards themselves would see sense, but it is not.
I believe that at least the sisters have to do with estalian history and culture more than the Minotaur or the ogre, thus making the team more authentic.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 13:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well, looking at the fan made Warhammer Armies: Estalia there's a definite 'Bull' theme. There's a unit that herds bulls, there's a chariot pulled by bulls etc. and, while they don't have minotaur units in their army list the book does mention in the history that there are Minotaurs plaguing the Abasko mountains.

I also think you get a certain creative license with these things. People know that Estalia is the Old World version of Spain, and people associate Spain with Bulls. Even if it's not included specifically in the estalia fluff available (which is limited) people would 'get it' on a much larger scale than people would understand what a Myrmidia Sister is.

This is almost a separate argument though. Even discounting the Big Guys, I still don't really like the Myrmidia. Leader is a bad choice for a starting skill as it affects pricing badly (being either too good or useless depending on if you have one already or not).

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Well, looking at the fan made Warhammer Armies: Estalia there's a definite 'Bull' theme. There's a unit that herds bulls, there's a chariot pulled by bulls etc. and, while they don't have minotaur units in their army list the book does mention in the history that there are Minotaurs plaguing the Abasko mountains.

Yes, but using bull icons doesnt mean they got minotauros, another soldiers or knights can use icons of lions and they got no lions in troops.
But please, tell me exactly in what edition or book talks about minotaurs of Abasko, it would be great and i´ll be so grateful for your information. If thats as you say I think Mino is on the way and my first mino will called Mr. Joshua.

Last edited by Pablets on %b %20, %2016 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

I Even if it's not included specifically in the estalia fluff available (which is limited) people would 'get it' on a much larger scale than people would understand what a Myrmidia Sister is.

Yeah, i undertand that actually people doesnt know a lot about estalians, but Myrmidia cult is so important in their culture and history. People must know it.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Pablets wrote:

But please, tell me exactly in what edition or book talks about minotaurs of Abasko, it would be great and i´ll be so grateful for your information. If thats as you say I think Mino is on the way and my first mino will called Mr. Joshua.

There are many fan made army books for Warhammer. One of them is Estalia.

It's certainly a reference material that needs to be read. I've 'started' to read it.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Pablets wrote:

There are many fan made army books for Warhammer. One of them is Estalia.

It's certainly a reference material that needs to be read. I've 'started' to read it.

I read this 2 or 3 years ago, it is a good work. But I prefer to base my work on official information from the world of warhammer. I would like to make the minotaur, its a very good idea but i need something more official, if you get it please tell me, thanks.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 15:27
FUMBBL Staff

The thing is there's very little established fluff for Estalia, which is why you need resources like this (and a bit of creative license) to 'fill in the gaps' so to speak. Basing the list entirely on established fluff is limiting yourself a bit, imo.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
The thing is there's very little established fluff for Estalia, which is why you need resources like this (and a bit of creative license) to 'fill in the gaps' so to speak. Basing the list entirely on established fluff is limiting yourself a bit, imo.

Yes , there is very little official information. I will continue investigating before using the creative license, but seeing what is on the end perhaps have no choice.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I will do a comprehensive list, but not at the moment. To be honest the old stuff gets replaced and in reality is no more canon than good fanbased stuff.

I think there are so many positional possibilities there's no point in a big guy. I see the bull link, but a mino would be an enemy of the team........also I like the mino for the Middenheim Marauders.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally i made the Diestros faster and lighter, but i gave them a dagger cause basically they do not know have the left hand alone. Wink
Also changed rerolls cost and the Myrmidia Sisters positional.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I like the diestro positional (keeping in mind it's a Matador to me) I'd have kept him how he was but removed agility access.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 09:58
FUMBBL Staff

I don't really like the new Diestro, sorry. The Human Catcher known as one of the weaker positionals in BB and you've copied his stat-line. I think he either wants to be 7247 like a Slann Catcher emphasizing his speed and cunning, or be 7337 like a Norse Runner so that he's a competent hitter.

The new Myrmidia is better, but probably too expensive when compared to similar. It would give the team 6 block and 6 S access players though.

I liked the Mino but mouse didn't. Dunno how you feel on that one.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Actually I like the diestro positional (keeping in mind it's a Matador to me) I'd have kept him how he was but removed agility access.

Well my friend, Diestro by definition is a man trained with agility movements, I think it's normal to have access to the skills of agility.
And about "Matador" name in official warhammer information doesnt exist anything, that a concept in real world in bullfighting (Matador=Torero).
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I don't really like the new Diestro, sorry. The Human Catcher known as one of the weaker positionals in BB and you've copied his stat-line. I think he either wants to be 7247 like a Slann Catcher emphasizing his speed and cunning, or be 7337 like a Norse Runner so that he's a competent hitter.

The new Myrmidia is better, but probably too expensive when compared to similar. It would give the team 6 block and 6 S access players though.

I liked the Mino but mouse didn't. Dunno how you feel on that one.

I understand you think that with Diestro, finally i concluded that in this team Diestro use and train his skills to be a fast Td´s maker, thats why he looks like human catcher, but there is a great diference, "Stab", skill than human catcher never will have. And nobody is in fear to be beside a catcher human but somebody will think twice to be near or hit Diestro. You know with side step and stab maybe he stands where opponet didnt want.

Yeah team got 6 player block, as i said nobody want to be thrower so inevitably they develop another type of game. Anyway if you buy thats 6 players of beggining you will be short of money for the other esential elements, Diestros, rerolls, apo....

And still looking for minos in offcial Estalia, i´m not surrender.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still wondering if the reroll should cost 70k or 60k . What do you think?
 Jump to: